Thread: Keyless entry pad for 04 SD?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Keyless entry pad for 04 SD?

Is it possible to put on a keyless entry pad for a truck that was not originally equipped with one? My 04 F150 has one and I love it but my 04 SD F250 doesnt. Has anyone done this mod before and if so what can I expect if I try this. I would love to have it but its definetly a wish item right now just trying to get some info before I try it. Thanks.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogHarley4d View Post
    Is it possible to put on a keyless entry pad for a truck that was not originally equipped with one? My 04 F150 has one and I love it but my 04 SD F250 doesnt. Has anyone done this mod before and if so what can I expect if I try this. I would love to have it but its definetly a wish item right now just trying to get some info before I try it. Thanks.
    You can call Mike Nobels (parts dept) at Riverside Parts, Ford makes a no wire no cutting stick on Key pad, that will work with a Super Duty.

Randy

Riverside Parts Distribution Center
    Complete O.E.M. Ford Parts Source and distributer of many aftermarket accessories. See our line sheet or call toll free (877) 839-5902
    Riverside Parts Distribution Center website

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU View Post
    You can call Mike Nobels (parts dept) at Riverside Parts, Ford makes a no wire no cutting stick on Key pad, that will work with a Super Duty.

Randy

Riverside Parts Distribution Center
    Complete O.E.M. Ford Parts Source and distributer of many aftermarket accessories. See our line sheet or call toll free (877) 839-5902
    Riverside Parts Distribution Center website
    On that note, i've seen guys stick that keypad on the back of the cab just between the gap between the cab and bed. This way its hidden, but right in reach to punch in your code. Clean look of no keypad, with the convenience of still having one!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have also seen the stick-on keypads inside the fuel filler door.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the ideas about the location. Hadn't thought that far ahead but these ideas are great. Is there any installation of hardware that I need to get a special tool for? The pads must have a power source of some kind, I am assuming a battery or something? Are they flexible enough to fit around small contours or does it need a flat surface? Any information now will only speed up the process once I get the parts. I assume the Keypads work in conjunction with the remote lock/unlock so there must be a programming that needs to be done for the truck to recognize it. I am sure I can do the work easily enough just tryinig to get information accumulated now. Thanks.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogHarley4d View Post
    I like the ideas about the location. Hadn't thought that far ahead but these ideas are great. Is there any installation of hardware that I need to get a special tool for? The pads must have a power source of some kind, I am assuming a battery or something? Are they flexible enough to fit around small contours or does it need a flat surface? Any information now will only speed up the process once I get the parts. I assume the Keypads work in conjunction with the remote lock/unlock so there must be a programming that needs to be done for the truck to recognize it. I am sure I can do the work easily enough just tryinig to get information accumulated now. Thanks.
    You will need pretty much a flat surface. With some extra 2 sided tape, you could correct some uneven areas. They are super simple to program, and come with a 4-5 year battery.....depending on how many times a day, week ?? you use it. Call Mike he had some in stock not to long ago. About $72.95

randy
    Last edited by HARLEY6LF250SDU; 09-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.