Thread: CE Slide-a-Link

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

CE Slide-a-Link

IMO, Metco makes the 3rd best TBs out there. I am just tired of having to get out the special wrenches to set pre-load and then have to turn 'em back for daily driving. I have decided to bite-the-bullet and upgrade to CE Slide-a-Link. Jeg's has them for $400 + shipping ... anyone know of any better deals on 'em?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I had my metco's on for 3 years and never once had to adjust them. Seen lots of guys at the track with them and never seen any one there adjust them either lol. I swapped to JLP longbars since there wasn't much of a need for that adjustability.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I prefer to pre-load the TB's and set tire pressure based on specific track conditions/weather. IMO, doing so does help set the rear down/in a tad bit quicker. The Metcos are great bars! They are just cumbersome for guys like me that do use the adjustable feature of bars that are so equipped. Clearly the CE bars and Caltrac bars have the best adjustable capabilities and the CE Slide-a-Link is by far the easiest/quickest/most-forgiving for both street/track. I'm just hoping to find 'em for something that is a little "more forgiving" than $400 + shipping!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Metco's list for $499!

By the time you sell the metco's, you should only be out $100 or so for a new set. I sold my metco lowers a few months back for $325.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Anyone want a set of Metco lowers for only $325?!! ... have less than 1K miles and only 5-6 passes. ... never seen rain or road grime! [insert: hot/clean/dancing chili pepper] Ha!
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 09-24-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Anyone want a set of Metco lowers for only $325?!! ... have less than 1K miles and only 5-6 passes. ... never seen rain or road grime! [insert: hot/clean/dancing chili pepper] Ha!
    Now that's a good deal for a like new set of Metco's. The Metco's are one of the best engineered / quality components I have purchased for ol BLU.

PHATBOY RACING
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey Lee what mods do u have on the HD ive got the lakewoods and have worked fine for me so far but im gonna get rid of them soon to get the JLP bars

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I8ACHEVY View Post
    hey Lee what mods do u have on the HD ive got the lakewoods and have worked fine for me so far but im gonna get rid of them soon to get the JLP bars
    As far as suspension is concerned, not a whole lot. L Spec Biltsteins all-around with So-Cal shock extenders, L rear-sway, 2" shackles and Hotchkis leafs, spindles in front ... puts me right at 2/4 drop. I currently have Metco TracLinks but am going to change them out for CE Slide-a-Links. Slappers are better than nothing and have been OK on a couple other rides but I prefer the adjustability feature with the Slide-a-Link/CalTracs/Metco ... especially the ease of the Slide-a-Links. Long bars are OK too but again, no adjustability with them.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    CRAP-OHLAH! Why didn't anyone let me know that Slide-a-Links won't "do it" with ANY kind of lowered truck?!!! ... CHIT! Also, the CE Slide-a-Links will not work with Hotchkis leafs ... only OE.

[edit: Metco's going back on ... just hate takin' the day/time/effort! ARRGGHHH!]
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 12-23-2009 at 09:26 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    maybe cuz hardly anybody goes with slide-a-links lol

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    maybe cuz hardly anybody goes with slide-a-links lol
    Correct! Should have just stayed where I was at instead of getting so dang lazy!! ... I absolutely HATE pulling off/down leafs!!!
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 11-15-2009 at 08:38 AM.

Old Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are u sure you want to put them back on instead of selling them to me for $200.00.....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02 H-D #677 View Post
    Correct! Should have just stayed where I was at instead of getting so dang lazy!! ... I absolutely HATE pulling off/down leafs!!!
    yeah especially since you barely race that thing!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    yeah especially since you barely race that thing!
    OK .. good shot! She gets out at least once a year! ... gonna be at least thrice a year ... upcoming spring/summer/fall!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MPORTETR View Post
    are u sure you want to put them back on instead of selling them to me for $200.00.....
    U R Funny! ... but ask me that same question after I try-out the CalTracs?! Just decided to stay with tried/true Metcos.
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 12-23-2009 at 09:28 PM.