Thread: 07 F250 Diesel Accessories? bullydog pmt?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

07 F250 Diesel Accessories? bullydog pmt?

I just got an 07 F250 SD Crew Cab Harley Davidson Edition and want to know where to go for mud flaps,Floor mats, other accessories.

Anyone know if the bullydog pmt is ok fopr the truck? or is the sct better? Model #'s?

This thing is like the bikes. Once you have it you want to put everything on it.

I heard the head bolts were breaking withh programmers. How do i avoid this or do you not recommend using them?

Any luck with Nitto Terra Grappler tires? 275/65/20 ?

Thanks everyone your help is needed.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi there and welcome! For mud flaps and off road stuff Performance Products and 4 Wheel Parts is usually a good mix of selection/price.

I am not a diesel guy but I know they do lift the heads (the head bolts stretch actually) eventually if you run them hard with the boost turned up. The only surefire way to avoid that is to get the head bolts replaced with racing studs, which is very expensive and labor intensive. Of course if you're going to do that you might as well wait until you need it so you only have to remove the cab from the frame once (hopefully). If you don't go crazy and drag race it with a trailer on the back, it won't likely be an issue for a long time. You could always get the extended warranty and just plan to remove any toys should you need service, although that might be unethical

Sorry I'm not experiences with Nitto. I have Yokohamas on mine now and they are quiet and grip very well. I'm sure others will chime in with tire info.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on the head bolts.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tuners are known for "lifting" the heads on the 6.0Ls. There are a few tuners (the people that write the tunes) that are very familiar with the 6.0L motor, and they can get you some tunes that should be a bit more safe on a stock engine while still cutting loose with some additional giddy-up & go. If it were me (and it was not too long ago), I would hit Matt & crew at Spartan Diesel Technologies for an XCal III with his custom tunes. Matt is a top-notch business man & one of the more knowledgeable folks when it comes to the 6.0L.

For the head bolts, the best way to go is fire rings & ARB studs. But, that will set you back a pretty penny. A slightly cheaper option would be to just get the ARB studs.

As I am sure you have found, the NHTOC forums are much more active on the F150 side...nothing against the folks around here. But, if you find yourself needing some additional input, you should check out Ford Truck Enthusiasts (Ford Truck Enthusiasts, 1948-2011 Ford F150, Super Duty & SUV owners community and information source. Covers F100, F-150, F250, Bronco, Ranger, Explorer, Expedition, Lighting, Escape and More). There are a lot of really knowledgeable folks out there that frequent some of FTE's forums....like their 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel forum.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^ Yeah I have learned alot on here about my 03 harley f-150!, but like he said the diesel section is pretty dead here. I just bought a 2008 f 350 a couple months ago, I also registed over on dieselbombers.com there is alot of talk over there about the spartan, it seems to be the way to go as far as tuning goes. from what I understand they are the only ones so far that make a DPF delete (diesel particulate filter) that's why the new diesels don't smoke! haha!! anyway supposedly it makes a tremendous difference in fuel economy with the delete, however you do have to replace it before you take the truck in for any type of service work, they said removal will automatically void your warranty if caught, no questions asked!!! so anyway sorry to ramble on, check it out!! Later, scott

there is also, lots of talk about tire sizes and lifts required to run certain tires/ rims combos!