Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog Light mod "How-To"

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did the ramp filing, and am positive that I used the #2 & #12 wires.

The blue splice with the white wire coming out in the picture is for my guage lights. The black electrical tape is the splice for the fog light mod.
    '00 Corvette FRC

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmmm....

I dunno...

Maybe try to undo the #2/#12 splice, and try the #5/#12 splice? <headscratch>

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    #5 #12 no pull the knob, no ramp filing.. all works like factory.....

For you TS I will take a pic :-)

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    notice that the white/black (#2) was previously tapped.. it blew fuses.

#5 Yellow #12 Brown.. done.

mine is an '02 DSG just like yours.

Rob W.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only down side I can find is that the fog's flash with my alarm... hard on the bulbs.

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A must do....
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Rob w , What about using a switch from a 03 F-350 . Mine has a different set up than our HD's, will they plug in and work?????

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So if I do the #5 and #12 setup, will the fogs flash when I use my remote start and the parking lights flash? I have the Viper 790 alarm with remote start. If so, I may want to go with a switch. If I do use a switch, do I just get a normal toggle switch, and splice it in between the #5 and #12 as shown in the pics? One more, will the factory setting still work also? (turn on lights and pull out on switch) Thanks for the help guys.
    Scott

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Thats the reason i never re-did my foglight mod after the truck was broken into and the alarm was installed. (i had the switch version of the foglight mod, and switch was above the HU, and stolen with the HU) and the alarm guy disconnected what i had done to the fog mod so the fogs wouldnt flash with the alarm. especially with my proximity alarm, which goes off constatnly any time it rains hard outside ;t my fog bulbs would take a BEATING!

I gotta redo the mod, and throw the switch back in between the 5 and 12 splice like before, so i can have the fogs on with the parking lights, then flip the switch off so only the parking lights flash with the alarm. or really what i want to do is get a new switch and file the ramp down so it works like totally stock all in one.

so scott....thats a yes to all those questions

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fogged

O.K. here is something to ponder. #YL3Z11654DAD headlight switch with auto cut off , this allows fogs on with parking lights and headlights. $79.50 Ford

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks #356. You da man. I am going to go out and get a toggle switch from the shack and wire it between the #5 and the #12 fuses so I can turn it off also. Sometimes I use the remote start to let the rig warn up so I can jump in and roll out.
    Scott

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello,

I have searched for this answer and can not find it. Any one know how to get the fogs to come on by themself? No parking lights, just fogs? I have seen three H/D's with this. How do you do this. I have seen the others, and like it. But I don't want to have to file to get the fogs to come on. But I don't want the fogs on when driving in the rain.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i've never read of that being done before. are you sure they didnt have it done the regular way? at dusk when its still pretty light out, the fogs are really visible that they are turned on, but the corner lights aren't as bright and show as well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only other thing I could think of was that they took out the bulb from the parking lamp. Because I am 100% sure that it was not illumated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know! Iknow!

SmokeShow-

If you were to do the mod... the one where you add a toggle switch... you could reverse a few wires, and get the effect you are looking for.

Here we go-

Wire a switch between #5 and #12. if you stop here, you can now control the fogs when the park lamps are on with the new toggle switch.

However... What YOU are wanting is the reverse... You want to control the park lights when the fog lights are on... so... if you were to CUT wires 5 and 12 AFTER the switch, and reverse them... I THINK that would get you close. The only downside is that your fogs will be on when the headlight switch is in any position except off. I guess you COULD wire in another toggle switch... But then just running a new circuit altogether would be cleaner and easier.

Let us know what you figure out...

BTW- I am NO WAY an electrical engineer, so I deny all responsibilty if you burn your truck down.... Figure out a way to test it, before you make it permanent.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast