Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ouch
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's kool. I will look into it. I just don't want to always be running fogs. Due to cracking in the rain. (it rains alot in florida) I want to make sure that at any time I can turn them off and not worry about it. But like you I am not an electrican. So, I try not to dive into the electrical realm to often.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy ???

Originally posted by Dbl G
    ouch
    I didn't mean my "disclaimer" to be rude... I just didn't want him to think of my solution as a definite answer...

Hope I didn't step on any toes...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope, that is exactly how I understood it. As a disclaimer. (to cover himself)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if you did it that way though, and hooked the parking lights up to a toggle so you could turn them off, would you lose your turn signals?

i say just wire it up the conventional way. originally i thought it would look funny with just parking lights and fogs on, but it looks pretty badazz that way and IMO looks best.

goodluck with whatever you figure out though. post up a how-to cuz i'm sure others would be interested

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all the help and input guys. H/D and L owner are almost always a good group of guys. I am probably just going to file the ramp and tap into the two wires and call it a day. It sounds like what I want and what I can get are pretty much two different animals and not worth the hassle.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Im glad you guys brought this one back up, I finally did mine today, the switch didnt want to come out but I got it, took 5 minutes tops

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know this has been beat to death.. I am just looking for some clarification. ..

What I would like to happen..
    My foglights to come on with my head lights in the auto position.

What I DON'T want to happen..
    My foglights to come on in the parking lamp only position..

Because of where I work, when I come in the security gate during darkness I have to have my on driving lights only, or turn off my lights completly.

Will I have to do the ramp filing alone?

Or will It require the 5&12 splice.

I am just looking for some insight, the way that I read the 5&12 splice is that is power the fogs in parking light position, which is what I don't want..
    Thanks,
    Steve

NHTOC #250
    2002 HD Black #8796
    Born On 06/03/2002
    380rwhp/489rwtq
    Mods: FTVB, SCrew Bilsteins, Gaylord Lid, Lightning 3rd Light, Custom Diablo Tune by PSR in Phoenix, MAFia, 2.93 Upper, 6lbLower, Metco Aux Idler, C&L Upper, L&S Oil Seperator, Dual Flex-A-Lite Fans w/ DCC Controller, AF1 Intake Elbow, Chickenears CAI Stage III, Custom Exhaust Single 3" Magnaflow Dual In/Out Lightning Exit, BFG KDW II's 295/45-20, Belltech 2" Shackles and G30 for Security

1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7
    302-2V Granny Edition
    Absolutely Stock

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Mods: Custom 'Arizona Pinstriping', Carefully Placed Underbody Dents (For Aerodynamics), GPS, and Sirius Radio

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    just curious on the reason for the certain lights or no lights at all for where you work.

anyway, if you splice 5&12 the fogs will turn on with the parking lights, as well as the auto lamps

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am in the military, and you gotta have all white lights off when you go through the gate. I guess I will probably do the mod and just turn all of my lights off when I go through.

I just hoped there would be a way of tieing the fogs to the auto's without affecting anything else..

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah i see.....you could always do the toggle switch foglight mod. dont have to mess with filing the switch, and can still turn the fogs off with the parking lights. flip the switch on and fogs come on with auto lamps and parking lamps. turn it off and it acts stock

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HarleySteve - I just did this mod to my truck. In order to get your desired results, do the ramp filing ONLY, and do not splice any wires together. I did this just to see what would happen (without the wire splice), and basically it seems that the only thing that splicing the wires together gains you is the ability to have the fogs on WITH the parking lights, and it seems that you are stuck with the fogs on in every position unless you wire in a switch. I only did the ramp filing for the auto position, no splicing, and when I have the knob pulled out at the auto position the fogs come on. They dont come on with parking lights because I did not file the ramp in the parking position for my switch.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, you have foglights without any other light being on at any time?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, to clarify, my foglights come on automatically with the headlights, by simply filing the ramp in the auto location, which allows me to pull the knob out - and I did not splice any wires and I can shut them off if I like by simply pushing the knob in. It works exactly like the factory position for manual ON for the headlights, but the lights come on and go off automatically, which is what I assume was the original intent of this mod.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, you have foglights without any other light being on at any time?
    I wonder if you did the ramp filing in the off position if you could have the fogs on with no other lights... <headscratch>

If you really want this, you could just cut off the entire ramp....!?

Of course, the whole purpose of the ramp is to force the fogs off in the off position...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast