Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 2009 TOTM - Sean "SoFlaHarley" Ebron #328

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

November 2009 TOTM - Sean "SoFlaHarley" Ebron #328

Well it is that time of the month once again...well make that a little over a month late, but hey, better late then never...so I am proud to announce that this month's honors goes to NHTOC member #328, Sean "SoFlaHarley" Ebron, and his 2002 DSG.

Sean has been a member of the NHTOC since March of 2005 and is always active on the boards with anything from comments, pictures, and some pretty interesting links at times. Sean has been a long time loyal member of the Florida HD crew, always willing to lend a fellow brother a hand, loves to meet up for any GTG that he can make it to, and quite the singer who gives Adam Sandler a run for his money. Sean is a true friend to anyone who knows him and given the opportunity would be a true friend to all who he encounters. Just watch out for this man on the go-cart track, he gives new meaning to the term "rubbing is racing"!!! Glad to have you away from those little toy cars you used to have and in the Harley Truck Brotherhood, Congratulations Sean!!! Another well deserved TOTM winner.

Now on to the good stuff

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

I didn’t plan on buying a truck. A buddy of mine who owns a car lot took the truck on trade. It was sitting on his lot for a couple of weeks and every time I went to visit him and see the truck I commented on how nice it was. He tempted me to test drive it and he told me that if I drove it I’d end up buying it. When I drove it and heard that SC whine and the exhaust note I was hooked. I drove it for an hour and I even stopped at a car wash to get it cleaned before I brought back. I traded in my Ford Escape that same day and the rest is history.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Besides my truck, I’ve owned 2 Miatas. Both were modified with turbo kits and the 2001 I sold earlier this year was dyno’d at 260rwhp. It was nice to switch from American V-8 muscle to a turbocharged 4 banger that weighed as much as a postage stamp and handled like a go-kart.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

The engine internals are stock but I do have a 6lb lower with an aftermarket air intake. The truck was tuned by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning and the last dyno I had was 368/440. I have a Hotchkis suspension set up with L-spec Bilsteins, LFP traction bars and D.M.R. panhard bar.
    The audio system is custom. A buddy of mine built me a subwoofer enclosure that takes the place of the rear console. It houses a single JL-Audio 12w7. I also have JL for the mids and highs as well as JL amps. I have a Kenwood DDX-7019 with Navigation setup.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I’m a quiet guy who loves to drive his truck. I look for any excuse to do a road trip especially if roller coasters are involved. On the weekends I’m a wedding singer, and I’ve also sung the National Anthem at Florida Marlins, Florida Panthers and Miami Dolphins’ games. I’ve also sung at Make-A-Wish fundraiser events.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

The information I’ve learned on the site is invaluable. I’ve been a member of other sites but they seem to be run by immature people who look to make new member’s life miserable. Here, everyone is welcome and treated with respect.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I think it should be encouraged to have people become members. For me, with the information I’ve found on the site over the years it has literally saved me thousands of dollars. I’m sure non-paying members have learned a lot from this site that has saved them from making a purchasing mistake. That in it self should be worth the cost of a paid membership that doesn’t cost that much a year.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

Well SoFlaHarley comes from me living in South Florida (SoFla) and Harley from me being a big fan of the wrestler Harley Race (just kidding about that part. I’m really dating myself with that wrestling reference!)

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

I want a built motor eventually for the obvious reasons. I also want a custom paint job. I want to keep my DSG but want to do something unique with flames on my truck like a former TOTM winner “TowCrazy”

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I want to thank NHTOC for the TOTM honor. Also I want to say that the FHTOC peeps are truly the best bunch of guys. From the first gtg I attended back in 2005 in Sarasota the guys I met that day were friendly and helpful in getting me started on the mod bug. Guys like Venom, MRBLUEOVAL, 2manytrucks, cfradam, Black N Blown and a couple of other guys that aren’t on the site any more made me feel welcome. The present guys that I haven’t known as long also are a great bunch of people and I’m glad I’ve met them. I hope we’ll be able to get everyone in one place again very soon.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool

Congrats...nice truck!!!!
    Last edited by oki916; 10-27-2009 at 09:24 PM.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Huge congrats Sean!!

TWIZM
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Congratulations!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very well deserved, I am glad we had a chance to meet in person!

Congratulations Sean.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats sean......you definitely deserve TOTM....I think you have the cleanest DSG i've ever seen!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats! another one in FLA!

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats..... Love the 1st pic.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats bro. have to say the truck is pretty clean. and i love the rear console box

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats SoFlaHarley!!! Awesome truck and well deserved TOTM.

HOGTRK
    usflgwav

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Sean!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the kind words everyone I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast