Thread: So hoff, how was your secret GTG?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

So hoff, how was your secret GTG?

So hoff,

I see this thread on NLOC with pics from a NJ meet, and I see this slick black HD with a black thick bar billet grille.....oh wait...is that hoff's truck?...I haven't seen it in ages, last time I saw it still had chrome grilles!

Trucks lookin good! Next time give us JHO's a heads up on the GTG! lol

Now how about a JHO GTG before it SNOWS!? I want that LED 3rd and airbag!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am sorry I didn't spread the word, I thought all the threads and TTT's of those guys on NLOC would be enough to give heads up, besides you guys never come up north.

To be honest with you, I wasn't going to this GTG, but they had planned a second stop just three blocks from my house, so I went there to grab a bite to eat and they showed up shacking the parking lot...

Thank's for the "looking good part" but guess what?

Last time you saw my truck at the DelValLO '08 bash...it had black grill already, and you were one that voted in favor to change from chrome to black.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post

Hoffie's ford-less black HD grille!

Yes...we do NEED a J-HO GTG, I was talkning to Rich about two days ago, and I know you are just a few minutes from him, so let's just throw a date and I go down to Rich's house, we meet there, post it up and see who else shows up besides the three of us, just a little detail, it has to be a MOD GTG.

Let's do it!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol yeah I did see the threads on the other boards, but we do have quite a few guys on here that don't venture out of the best site for HD trucks, and aren't in the know for the L GTG's we like to crash LoL!

And man, just goes to show you its been so long since I saw your truck last, I forgot it had the black grille then! Thought it was just the chrome oval-less grille then haha

For a GTG, I'm busy this weekend with SSOTN, and next weekend with the Hybrid car, but I wouldn't be opposed to a thanksgiving weekend GTG on the 28th or 29th What do you guys think?

And we could either have it at Rich's place or my place. We've got plenty big of a yard if Rich doesn't want to have it at his place, can get some R/C truck racing going on here LoL!

Krix isn't far from us either, maybe we can at least get the 4 of us out for one last GTG of the year....actually the ONLY JHO GTG of the year

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    this weekend is no good for me. next weekend the 21st is good. ill be working on the truck installing my new traction mods. the weekend of the 28th im going to hopefully be at atco trying out the new traction mods!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    So what are you installing Rich?! QA1's?

and jdm drag springs

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    bigger balls than me running them in a truck heavier than mine!

huh???

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I was thinking about their drag springs before I revamped my setup, but then I read Rob from L-R with the 9 second L had those in his truck, and he noticed both coils were broken. I know they're a thinner gauge wire used for the coils. For a bigger HD, I stuck with the slightly beefier V6 coils.

Also, unless you're fighting traction and need more weight transfer, you're better off keeping the front down, and use that energy to go forward, rather than go upwards.

I'll have to dig up Fred's post from a little while back. He posted pics of his truck on the track over the past several years. On his stock coils, he was really getting that front end lifting up, but only pulling like 1.8 sixty foots. He swapped to stiffer coils (i forget which), front end came up less, but his sixty foots were then in like 1.7 range, then he swapped to ruslow coils, even stiffer, and his sixty foots were down even more in like the 1.6 range. Now of course once you start cranking up further in power, the power overcomes the traction, and that additional weight transfer is needed again, but it was a cool series of pics & data he posted up. I'll have to dig it up.