Thread: Atco Rental....Round 2! Tuesday Nov 17th!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Laugh Atco Rental....Round 2! Tuesday Nov 17th!

A few of us DelValLO'ers were able to slip into another Atco Rental that's going on tomorrow, Tuesday Nov 17th. Weather is supposed to be GREAT! Sunny, no clouds, 0% chance for rain, low humidity, and mid-high 50's OOOOH baby now that's some weather I wish we had for SSOTN!!!!! Cool, Dry, & Sunny, I'm getting pumped already!!!

Anyway, should be a pretty good day, between the weather, and some big dogs who are renting the track with some FAST cars who can lay down some nice rubber for us

If anybody wants to come watch, I'll be there from 8-2. Probably be ready for my first pass around 9:30-10:00. I should have enough fuel for 3-4 passes. I'll try to make 1 pass an hour, then I have to pack up at 1:00 to leave by 2, so I can swing home, drop the truck off, then head north for my night grad class

Should be 3 other 9 second L's there, and a couple other delval guys to watch

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    How much do u spend on just track rentals

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    not sure on what this one would cost but usually they are $200, But the track prep is suppose to be the best available.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    not able to make this one. not even to watch! have fun guys and keep the shiny side up.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah figured most wouldn't be able to make it at the last minute, but figured i'd throw it up there just incase lol. So far looks like it'll just be me, Dave London, and Bob Walker. Haven't heard from Eric if he's coming. I believe Lightning Ralph is coming to watch, and my pops is also coming so should be able to get vids and pics of all the passes

Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
    How much do u spend on just track rentals
    For the private rentals its $200 for a spot. They'll only rent it to 15 vehicles, so there's NO line to make a pass. Pull right up and go, no heating up in the staging lanes, no waiting an hour to make a pass after you're ready, just get up and go! Dave's rentals have certainly spoiled us DelValLO'ers lol, anytime I go to a regular Test & Tune night, it may only be $15-$30, but for sometimes only getting 2 passes, waiting hours and hours in the pits, having crappy track prep, overcrowded, its WELL worth the $200 for the private rentals!

After this I'm probably done racing for the year. Gotta put the truck back together in street trim and zaino it up before it gets too cold.

Guess the easiest way to answer your question though is this way....

DelValLO Atco track rental................$200
    SSOTN Cecil Event..........................$ 55
    Atco track rental #2........................$200
    10 Gallons of C16 Fuel......................$150
    154 lbs of ice (22 seven lb bags)........$ 50
    Fuel for 2 vehicles to/from 3 events....$ 75
    Racing the worlds fastest HD truck.....PRICELESS!

cheesy answer....yes.....but really.....I usually don't race much at all in the spring, rarely ever in the summer, never in the winter, fall time is my chance to go fast and get it out of my veins till the next year!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    in the words of Dave London "a bad day at the track beats a good day at work any day of the week"

That was pretty much how the day went. Didn't get a new best 1/4 mile number, had a couple minor issues, but got the bugs worked out, got some more seat time, had some great weather, and a good time hanging out, and it sure as heck beat being stuck in work on such a nice day!

First pass out:
    I'm borrowing JL's slicks since mine are shot, or at least I thought they were. I got a hunch to try Dave's tire pressure gauge and what do ya know, mine's friggin 2.5 lbs off! So much for the $25 gauge! So when I had 16.5 psi in my slicks, it was actually 14! No wonder they were rolling up and chattering! So my slicks are probably still good for at least another half season, I just need to buy another tire pressure gauge! Issue one resolved! Time to race!
    1.531 Sixty Foot!!!! NEW RECORD!
    It actually startled me on the launch cuz it hooked and hauled azz off the line for just launching at 1200 rpm!
    I'm on a run right? Nope! 10.97 @ 122.93

Its funny this time last year I'm PUMPED to get a 10 second pass. A year later I'm not happy with just a 10.9

Something was fishy though, because I had my best ever 60 foot time, probably good for a 10.38-10.44 range! But I ran half a second slower and 10 mph under what I normally would

Reset the battery, reload the tune, cool down, and give it a second shot.

Second pass out:
    1.617 sixty foot, spun a little out of the hole, 11.081 @ 123. Truck is still half second slower and about 10 mph off

I didn't change ANYTHING since the rental on the 30th when I was running consistent 10.4-10.5's. Well it RAINED the weekend before pretty good, and I had the truck uncovered to drive to SSOTN. Well I checked the plugs this weekend to make sure none of the coil packs were wet, and none were. Well, I only checked 7 of the 8, because #4 is a PITA back there under the heater hoses and angled backwards. Thats the last time I skimp on a plug check and do 7 out of 8!

I pulled #4 COP at the track, FILLED with water! :pissed: Now that one's never gotten wet before, but guess that monsoon before SSOTN worked its way back there! Blew the coil pack out, threw it back in, took the truck for a spin, felt like it had an extra 100 hp! And I bet it did! Heck I'm around 800 hp at the crank, so thats about 100 hp per cylinder But compared to my 220 hp truck I drive more often, 600 hp, 700 hp, 800 hp, they all almost feel the same when going from 220 hp! LoL! But heck, finding that COP wet, I was only running on 7 cylinders....10 second passes on 7 cylinders!!!

Third pass out:
    Took it back out for one last pass, already running late for class. Launched and spun HORRIBLY, blew the tires off, and pedaled a 1.641 sixty foot. If it hooked I easily would have had a low low 1.5! Then 3/4 down the track and *POP****VRRWAOOOMMMMMM*** My cutout *EXPLODED*! It didn't just fall off, the f'ing shaft that holds the butterfly valve in shattered off and I lost the shaft and butterfly valve. Scared the chit out of me and I let off right before the traps Ran a 10.72 @ 130.48. Now thats more like it! My MPH was right back to normal in the 130-132 range, and my 1/4 time was closer to normal just a little slow from blowing the launch and letting out right before the traps.

I'll post a pic tomorrow of my cutout repair to make it home GHETTO RIGGED! The one cutout already exploded on the dyno and Andy made a quick block off plate. I should have known to ditch the other one before it caused me problems! I would have made another pass if it didn't blow apart! So now I'm down to zero cutouts left We used an arizona can to make a temporary plate to just get me home without waking the dead, cut it apart, and sandwiched it between the Y-pipe and cutout flange with the missing valve to make a temporary blockoff. Beer Can Mod Version 2.0? It lasted about 10 miles then melted through. Sounded like a kazoo for about another 10 miles LoL! Then it finally melted all the way through and I drove the second half the ride home with one side as open headers Needless to say, the cutouts are officially GONE for GOOD! I'll put them on Jekyll, but Hyde just makes too much raw power for them

Overall...
    Long story short, today was a great day! Discovered my tire pressure gauge is done for, and my slicks are probably still good. Solved the issue slowing me down on the first two passes with the wet hidden COP. Put the nail in the coffin for me debating on keeping my cutouts lol. Ran my best ever 60 foot time! Ran a 10 second pass on 7 cylinders! And got to hang out with some of the DelValLO crew at the track on a killer day and play hookie from work!

I think I'm done racing for the year. Gotta detail the truck up real nice and neat again before it gets too cold, put the seats and nurfs back on, and recoop some money to start modding Jekyll to go faster LoL!

And also on the bright side, without even having to change anything on the truck, I know it has a 10.3 in it for next season! Just gonna take the right conditions on the right day to get the traction to launch off that pass! Tune is nailed in perfect, so for once, I'm ready for next season without needing to change a thing!....okay well a new tire pressure gauge and ditching the cutouts, but thats a cheap winter mod plan!

sounds like ya had fun lol.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your short story long kept me entertained for a few minutes, I did laugh though, not about the crappy day at the track, but the way you described.

You should not wrap it up just yet Josh, c'mon man, let's go to Atco on the 28th, at least I will see one run of your truck...

I really want to go on the 28th, believe it or not, the only time I went to the track with my truck it was stock and you were there with Hyde still stock as well, N/A and running 16's.

I want to get a baseline of my truck as it sits right now (6# lower, 377hp/483tq) just for the record before the upcoming MOD's

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha yeah it was a pretty good time. I'm still up in the air about the 28th. I'm not running balls out in race trim again this year because I'm putting the seats, nurf, and tonneau back on this weekend, and I'm out of race fuel and not buying any more lol.

I could just run the street tune, but again, for a regular test & tune night, I can't drop below 11.5 or I'll get the boot! At the private rentals they don't care, but T&T they usually do. I was in the high 11, low low 12 range on my un-dialed in street tune street trim setup last time out at the test & tune night we did last month, so guess depends if I feel like getting the truck dirty again after cleaning all the rubber off this weekend See if I can get deeper into the 11's on 22's all around

I'll think about it lol

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    and what are you planning hoff? Man I wish I was going to be in town for the 28th. Every year I end up going to TN for the u.s open invitational, atleast im still doing some type of racing that weekend.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll take that as a yes Josh

What am I planning CJ?

Nothing much, actually, it will be the first power adder on my truck after long years only with the 6# lower

^^ hes going 4v with a twin turbo set up

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    ^^ hes going 4v with a twin turbo set up
    ...yeah ...all shipped to me from TX, the 4v is from DallasGT, and the TT from maddnessssssss...oh wait, was this the correct order or was the opposite?!?

I might as well don't even start with this joke, I could jinx myself and be another member to the "BRC"...

BRC - Bench Racing Club

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    LMAO! Man I almost miss those two knuckleheads! Well madness pokes in from time to time, but Dallas has been MIA forever. To think that punkazz who talked all that smack and never got anywhere, calling out he was goign to take the HD truck record at LFest and it never happened, then I took the record Wish he'd pop in to find out I dropped another half second off my record to a 10.4, and even ran a 10.9 on 7 cylinders

Wonder if he got either truck running. He blew the 03 up, and bought the 00 already blown up. Man it'd tickle his feathers pretty good if he found out I not only lowered the HD record, but I own two running harley trucks LoL!

But yeah hoff, I bet dallas hooked you up on that deal! What'd that 32V cost, $500 tops? I know we're all idots for not having his reach around hookups haha man what a tool!