Thread: 2002 HD - Pioneer Avic F700 double din + sirius + ipod

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

2002 HD - Pioneer Avic F700 double din + sirius + ipod

There's a ton of threads on what needs to be cut to mount the double din, so I'll just show pics of my recent install. Feeding the wires and hiding everthing behind the dash was impossible until I removed the entire dash bezel, rather than just the radio bezel.

Take your time with this, there's 2 hidden screws which I took pics of on the drivers side. The main one that's an issue is behind the headlight switch cup, I used this as an opportunity to do the foglight mod, I went the route of using my dremel with an 1/8" bit and carving out the detent so I can use the fog light pull back function on the auto and parking setting, and I left the lockout in place for the off position. Took me about 15 minutes, most of that was getting the wire splice done with my big hands...

I chose to mount the GPS and Sirius antenna to the top of the deck, it works perfectly fine here with a nice solid ground plane, there's nothing metal above them and the GPS accuracy shows 8/10 in my driveway

80gb Ipod video + Sirius w/Pioneer SVCDOC1 adapter (headunit controls sirius, just like the ipod)

Those last 2 pics show the hidden bolts.

Last edited by Blind; 08-25-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks like a lot of work.... i left my dash pad on for my AVIC Z3
    Anthony

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I originally left the dash pod on when I got the hole trimmed, but in order to fit the sirius tuner equipment and run the wires to the glovebox it was a lot easier to get under and around the hvac controls with the dash pad out, the lower 2 bolts on the hvac were blocked by the dash pad or I would have just pulled that out instead. It only took me about 15 minutes to get the pad off, simply a matter of locating the bolts and not forcing anything

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice to see Cafords members on here