Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just for tears...

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harley#356 View Post
    like rich said, its around $700-800 to get the 2.3 rebuilt. It's a very stout and proven blower though, especially with that sheetmetal intake. Just look at the times list, and out of the top 10 fastest trucks, 6 or 7 of those are 2.3 kb's! The 2.3 whipple with the rear entry design vs. Top entry is a bit more efficient than the top fed 2.3 kb, so it can be pushed a bit further, and it does look a bit nicer than the 2.3 kb, but again up to you if its worth the around $1k difference

i'm going to be picking a polished 2.3 kb up for jekyll after the new years. Twin polished kb's on the twin hd's :d
    josh, pick up a 2.6 kb polished and it would be better. They run cooler and if you ever want to turn her up, u always have the option more safely compared to the 2.3.
    The polish will also make the 2 blowers stand out differently and actually make a different look when both hoods are open for photo shooting.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    it's not a bad idea picking up both and flipping one if you can make some money. I've done that on quite a few parts over the years. But tpr did bring up a good point, if you're keeping the KB more than likely, invest the other money into a built mottom end. 3500 can get you a shortblock! Another 3k will get you heads & cams!

as for "too many blowers" I've got TWO eatons in my basement that I bought for Jekyll, one L blower with 6k miles, then I found a HD blower with 0 miles, now I'm planning on a 2.3 KB for it LoL! I gotta sell some of these off!

Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    josh, pick up a 2.6 kb polished and it would be better. They run cooler and if you ever want to turn her up, u always have the option more safely compared to the 2.3.
    The polish will also make the 2 blowers stand out differently and actually make a different look when both hoods are open for photo shooting.
    Somebody without a 2.3 KB or a 2.6 KB trying to tell me, who already owns a 2.6 KB, about which one is better to buy? I'm putting this blower on a NATURALLY ASPIRATED engine. The 2.3 KB is already way overkill for what I'm doing with that truck. It's not going to be turned up on that engine, it'll see a whole 10-12 lbs of boost. The only reason I'm doing 2.3 KB over an eaton which would be more than enough, is I can get a little more power safer with the KB with cooler temps, and the trucks will match better with twin polished KB's vs a KB and an eaton. I'm spending $2400 for a polished 2.3 with a polished sheetmetal plenum, not $4400 for a polished 2.6 KB with another $1600 for a polished sheetmetal plenum All to just run 10-12 lbs of boost.

TRUST ME....I know what I'm doing

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    it's not a bad idea picking up both and flipping one if you can make some money. I've done that on quite a few parts over the years. But tpr did bring up a good point, if you're keeping the KB more than likely, invest the other money into a built mottom end. 3500 can get you a shortblock! Another 3k will get you heads & cams!

as for "too many blowers" I've got TWO eatons in my basement that I bought for Jekyll, one L blower with 6k miles, then I found a HD blower with 0 miles, now I'm planning on a 2.3 KB for it LoL! I gotta sell some of these off!

Somebody without a 2.3 KB or a 2.6 KB trying to tell me, who already owns a 2.6 KB, about which one is better to buy? I'm putting this blower on a NATURALLY ASPIRATED engine. The 2.3 KB is already way overkill for what I'm doing with that truck. It's not going to be turned up on that engine, it'll see a whole 10-12 lbs of boost. The only reason I'm doing 2.3 KB over an eaton which would be more than enough, is I can get a little more power safer with the KB with cooler temps, and the trucks will match better with twin polished KB's vs a KB and an eaton. I'm spending $2400 for a polished 2.3 with a polished sheetmetal plenum, not $4400 for a polished 2.6 KB with another $1600 for a polished sheetmetal plenum All to just run 10-12 lbs of boost.

TRUST ME....I know what I'm doing
    STICK THIS IN YOUR HEAD, I NEVER TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO, just voicing opinions ON LOOKS WISE ONLY
    OMG LMAO by the way who said you didnt. but to be twins thats what you have to do! and as far as temps go, the 2.6 throws better temps, thats what i was lookin into before i went with my whipp! im sure you will not be total stock block IN THE NEAR FUTURE as well, face it bro!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    like I said, trust me I know very well what I'm doing on these trucks. I'm not building two identical trucks, there's no point to do the exact same things on both. I love the exterior of Hyde, which is why I'm making Jekyll look 99% the same on the outside. Powertrain wise though, I have two different needs, and I'm building each truck differently in the power department to fit both different needs, and just having similarities here and there to keep the theme (such as both polished blowers, both KB's, but one 700/800, one 400/500, one strip, one street).

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    k, understandable. it just seems the love u have for them boogers, you wouldnt mind spending the extra dough for a perfect match. i mean all the dress upstuff, carbon fiber engine bay, ect.. you have that isnt needed either, so i figured the 2.6 kb to make the twins perfect wouldnt hurt even if you dont need it ya know. like i said, if it was me and voicing my opinion, i would do it if i WANTED TWINS.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Like I've said many times, I have two different goals for the trucks. Doing a 2.6 on the second truck to make an exact twin would be the biggest waste of money. I don't have the money to waste to build two 10 second trucks, and be left without a DD. It's absolutely stupid unless you're stupid rich, to build two 100% identical purpose vehicles, when in that case it'd be smarter to dump all that into the one truck. The cost to build two 10 second trucks, I could have a 16 second truck and an 8 second truck I want two different end goals. I want 99% exterior similarities, maybe 50% under the hood, and night & day driving experiences. Didn't you ever read Jekyll & Hyde? I haven't heard the story in probably 15 years, but I still remembered enough to know Jekyll & Hyde, the same person (looks the same from the outside), but drastically different personalities (very different on the inside). You're responses are getting almost as bad as Dallas

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea, well i didnt read jekyll &hyde smart asss, i know you been on the board for a while but that doesnt give you a right to ACT AS A KING . SO YOU HAVE A 10 SECOND TRUCK, ALOT OF PPL HAVE 10 SECOND TRUCKS ON OTHER FORUMS. MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOUR SUCH A HARD ASSS ON THIS ONE. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY POSTS BUT I WOULD RATHER BE A DUMB ASSS TRYING TO LEARN THAN A shiiitt headdd with a biggg heeaadd! go on, keeep bragging on your trucks if it makes you feel any better bro!
    by the way, waste of money for a 10 second truck is dressing it up, haha. if you wanna talk about wasting money and trying to prove that your better by putting other ppl thoughts down, go ahead. ic it makes you feel better that way.
    ITS FUNNY, EVERYONE I TALKED TO WARNS ME ABOUT YOUR SMART ISM AND TO BE CAREFULL BC YOU RAGG PPL, SO BE IT. MAYBE WHEN YOU GET ANOTHER TOTM, ITLL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
    GOOD LUCK BRO

BY THE WAY BRO, I NEVER DOWNED YOUR TRUCK SO NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A KNOT

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anthony

Member #650
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sooooooooo......this post took an odd turn somewhere. I would thank you to keep it clean here please DATS. "Can't we just all get along"-some crackhead
    KB 2.3 w/JLP sheetmetal plenum, 3" upper, 4# lower, JLP CAI, SCT BA2400, C&L elbow, SBTB, Accel coils,TR6IX plugs, 60 lb. injectors, dual 255's, Bassani SS cat back, Wideband, Aeroforce, JLP long bars, Nitto DR's. 393rwhp/486rwtq on Mustang Dyno

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ur rite sorry MR. HARLEY356

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it was me ( I would go with one suggestion that I read)
    If ya have the money for both blowers,
    get the KB and a built block. Then have some fun with no worries.

Phil
    Built Lightning block,
    stage 3 ported heads and Comp cams,
    ported L intake manifold.
    2.3 Kenne Bell blower at 16 PSI
    New BTS 4R100 tranny
    100 shot Nitrous
    Best 1/4 to date
    60'-1.6
    1/4-11.76 @ 116.17 MPH

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    yea, well i didnt read jekyll &hyde smart asss, i know you been on the board for a while but that doesnt give you a right to ACT AS A KING . SO YOU HAVE A 10 SECOND TRUCK, ALOT OF PPL HAVE 10 SECOND TRUCKS ON OTHER FORUMS. MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOUR SUCH A HARD ASSS ON THIS ONE. I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT MY POSTS BUT I WOULD RATHER BE A DUMB ASSS TRYING TO LEARN THAN A shiiitt headdd with a biggg heeaadd! go on, keeep bragging on your trucks if it makes you feel any better bro!
    by the way, waste of money for a 10 second truck is dressing it up, haha. if you wanna talk about wasting money and trying to prove that your better by putting other ppl thoughts down, go ahead. ic it makes you feel better that way.
    ITS FUNNY, EVERYONE I TALKED TO WARNS ME ABOUT YOUR SMART ISM AND TO BE CAREFULL BC YOU RAGG PPL, SO BE IT. MAYBE WHEN YOU GET ANOTHER TOTM, ITLL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER
    GOOD LUCK BRO

BY THE WAY BRO, I NEVER DOWNED YOUR TRUCK SO NO NEED TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A KNOT
    1st... TURN THE CAP LOCKS OFF!!! It is a site rule, don't post in elite style or all caps style, since its hard to read.

2nd...I never acted as king You're the only one who calls me Mr. Harley or Big Harley lol I've never coined those

3rd...Never denied anybody else of having a 10 second truck either. There's lots of even faster L's running 9's even locally! But no denying there aren't many 10 second HD trucks, only 3 of us

4th...Never called you a dumbazz for trying to learn, and never acted like a sh!t head with a big head. How quick you change your colors when for the past two weeks, I get usually at least one PM, sometimes two PM's a day from you on questions about your truck, and every single time I answer your questions and never give you a hard time about it, even though you could post them up and anybody could answer them. I'm a good guy when its useful for you, then I'm a "sh!t head with a big head" when I push your buttons a little for not understanding the whole Jekyll & Hyde theme? Burning your bridges buddy

5th...Never said I was better than anyone or put anyone down. Do you see I've got umpteen thousand posts, and 95% of those are answering questions, posting how-to's, giving advice, and helping people out The other 5% are a mix of pic whoring, and busting Dallas's balls. I think everyone has a right to put that poser down

Lastly....we can go back on topic now, just wanted to push your buttons a bit more since its so easy

And remember, next time you've got a PM question for me, don't forget how quickly you flipped from asking me for advice almost daily, to torching your bridge and calling me out. Not cool at all

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Member #650
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right, so, now with all unpleasantries out of the way...hahaha. I'm getting the 2.3 KB. Haven't heard any word on the Whipple, but no matter, I like KB better anyhow. So, once that's rebuilt, all we need is to go built. Ahhhh, the list never ends. So much fun though. Probab;y be even funner when I can actually get back to work on all this stuff I'm buying. Well, thanks for all the support, advice, and entertainment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast