Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 07 s/c broken cats -possible engine?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry 07 s/c broken cats -possible engine?

Anyone else have the cats break loose inside ? On the drive home last night, took off from a light felt as though the truck was on the limiter (lower rpm than normal)smoking real bad out of exhaust , ignition breaking up and the S/C @ max boost. Truck is completly stock . Let off gas cleared up but rattle from cat area . A few miles later same thing , but now engine has miss and sounds like it collasped a lifter. No cel. no codes . 39k miles . I know some had engine problems early this has been fine since day one. Now at FORD dealer hoping for mercy since its out of warranty.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cats are under a 100K warranty IIRC. Lifter noise could possibly be an exhaust leak, you can build up some pressure with a clogged cat, hopefully you can get it all covered. At 39K I would just work with the dealer and get them to approve the repairs even if it is slightly out of warranty. If you haven't modded or abused it this should not have happened at these miles....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which dealer did you take it to?Countryside and Gator both have great service. I deal with Gator, but I am on the other side of the bay.Good luck let us know what they say.I have seen these S/C trucks with almost 200,000 miles on them and still going down the road....
    2008 HD F150 AWD, Airaid CAI,Flowmaster true dual Exhaust,Poly-Tuff spray in bedliner, Factory wheels painted Black Chrome, Diablosport Tuner & more to come... Cianfroccadetail.com

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got the truck at Flammer Spring Hill. I thought it was best that I took it back there. I work in Clearwater .

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Problems with sc

I recently took my 08 Ford F150 HD into service for a noise coming from the supercharger. The Ford Service House is giving me trouble, because the hood latch is resting against the sc coolant thing, and had popped a hole in it. My truck has been sitting there for over a month. Do you think that maybe this is your problem? Could you possibly help me out by looking and even sending me a picture of the how the hood latch is sitting. It may be a problem for a lot of the 08 models, and I am looking for help, so I can battle ford, and get them to repair it, as a defective ford part. I would really appreciate ANY help I can get from anybody on this forum. Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Update

Well here's the latest. Tuesday they said they needed to pull the engine apart to find the noise. That way the could tell Ford what happened and ask for warranty help. I asked if they are going to check the converters first , they said they are aware of these trucks having converter problems. Didn't hear from them till friday pm . When they went to pull the truck inside, the lifter/knock wasn't there , so now they are ordering new cats and going to test drive hopefully on monday.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speak to Jim at JDM....

My 07 HD Saleen had the same problem and it was the cat had colapsed. Jim says Ford have had issues with bad Cats.....

Had mine replaced with Magnaflow Hi Flo cats (warranty doesnt exist her in UK) and sorted the problem out straight away.

Hope this helps.

Kev

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i went 3 sts put on my truck before the dealership finally looked up and found a tsb for our sc trucks. there is a new p/n for the cats on 07 trucks that takes the cats from a ford gt and puts them on our trucks, ( i was told thatis where ford foound ones that could handle the heat). i will check on monday and get the new p/n

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JARRSHEL View Post
    Well here's the latest. Tuesday they said they needed to pull the engine apart to find the noise. That way the could tell Ford what happened and ask for warranty help. I asked if they are going to check the converters first , they said they are aware of these trucks having converter problems. Didn't hear from them till friday pm . When they went to pull the truck inside, the lifter/knock wasn't there , so now they are ordering new cats and going to test drive hopefully on monday.
    Fingers crossed bud. I am sure they will find the cats are the problem....

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My '02 just went through the EXCACT description as yours JARRSHEL, xcept with a BAD smell of sulfer (rotton eggs). Bystanders all said CATS, but after a few days of me troubleshooting, it was a loose COP. It didnt make sence to me that a CAT would be so intermitantly, either thier broke or not I thought. My CATS have 150k miles.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The cats are on national back order with no release date set so the truck just sits.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have the ones that they put on mine if that will help, i put on a set of dynatech long tubes and high flow cats(love the sound and power). let me know if i can help you out,

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well here's the latest. Called the yesterday to ask for a rental or to see if I would be able to install aftermarket cats. I've been driving my 65 stang and it's not a daily driver due to classic car ins., only 2500 miles a year , used up 1800 miles since truck the broke. Today they called and the cats came in the will install on wed. Lets hope it's done.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the dealer called they put the cats on but is still running rough the tech wants to change the spark plugs for $500.00 . I told them I'll change them . Picked up the truck after hours and I guess the tech they had working on it was deaf . They said it wasn't making any noise but it has a lifter ticking . Time to call FORD.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    $500 for a plug change HOLY CRAP! Thats absolutely ridiculous!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast