Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

JHO Schedule of Events for April

We've got quite the month ahead of us!

APRIL 15th: DelValLO Spring Rental $200 to race, $5 to watch
    Official DelValLO Spring Rental 2010 - Delaware Valley Lightning Owners

APRIL 17th: SSOTN @ Cecil $50
    SSOTN Nationals Official Information Page

APRIL 24th: JLP SPRING DYNO DAY $FREE
    JLP Dyno Day Rescheduled...Saturday, April 24, 2010! - Delaware Valley Lightning Owners

So, post up what your plans are! Coming to watch, coming to race, coming to dyno?!!?! Whether your trucks running or not, these GTG's are just as much about hanging out having a good time as much as it is the trucks! Been a looong winter especially with nothing scheduled for this month, and not having a GTG since the winter bash on Jan 2nd! Lets see some new JHO's pop out of the woodwork and show up to a GTG or two this year! Heck lets try to get krix out of his shell with that truck Hoffie, you gonna run that whipple truck this year? Love to see it at SSOTN and the dyno day!

So, who's planning on what? Here's my plans...

RENTAL: Going to watch! (Bringing Jekyll)
    SSOTN: Going to race! (Bringing Jekyll & Racing Hyde)
    DYNO: Going to watch! (Coin toss! lol)
    Last edited by Harley#356; 03-03-2010 at 07:53 AM.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    ill be going to the rental to watch! neither of my trucks are fixed yet so i will be taking the dd.

ssotn is a no go for me.

jlp dyno day probably not going to make that either unless i can talk my friend into driving his L.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I plan on going to watch two of those events, and no Josh, no racing the Whipple just yet, this year priority is to go built, if it happen before the last race of this season...heck yeah, she will show us the new numbers!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I will be at one of those events lol, the good news im back to work the bad its 7 days a week and long hrs so I will be doing the rental. I just have to send my check in.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    ill be going to the rental to watch! neither of my trucks are fixed yet so i will be taking the dd.

ssotn is a no go for me.

jlp dyno day probably not going to make that either unless i can talk my friend into driving his L.
    Well chit, you should be able to get the L up and running if its nothing major by then! You know you wanna enjoy it and cruise around a little before flipping it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    I plan on going to watch two of those events, and no Josh, no racing the Whipple just yet, this year priority is to go built, if it happen before the last race of this season...heck yeah, she will show us the new numbers!
    Heck man, should at least get some stock block times with the whipple! As long as you don't have that boost cranked up, it'll be safer than running it with the heaton!

Quote Originally Posted by bmxer901 View Post
    I will be at one of those events lol, the good news im back to work the bad its 7 days a week and long hrs so I will be doing the rental. I just have to send my check in.

work 7 days a week = $$$$$$....you'll be coming after my times before ya know it! LoL!

Oh yeah, guess who called me last night.....Panchalk He's still alive & kickin lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Well chit, you should be able to get the L up and running if its nothing major by then! You know you wanna enjoy it and cruise around a little before flipping it! lol
    not really i think my hd will be a quicker turn around. the l will be need ing a motor. i think it has a hole or a crack in the block. i had it running the other day and it caught on fire by the drivers side header. was almost like a carb. fire. made a poof sound and i saw the flicker of the flame in the reflection of the hd. good thing i have a fire ex. handy lol

[/QUOTE=Harley#356;534599]Oh yeah, guess who called me last night.....Panchalk He's still alive & kickin lol[/QUOTE]

no chit man! so wtf ever happened to his truck??
    Last edited by tpr103; 03-03-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yikes! fire? Maybe it was just a short or something? Guess since I haven't heard it run before, but wouldn't you notice leaks or low pressure or rattling/clanking if the block was cracked or busted? I thought you took it for a few blasts down the road?

Anyway, Panchalk's still in Alabama working. He actually got hitched last month His trucks still at JLP tucked away in the corner. He hasn't given up yet! He's just letting you other screw HD's think you're fast for a little while before he comes back and lays the smack down

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    work 7 days a week = $$$$$$....you'll be coming after my times before ya know it! LoL!

Not happening josh, the farthest I will push the truck is the 2.6 w/125 shot. Maybe next year I will be doing a stroker, I almost did one this year for the spring rental but wasnt back to work yet. Main goal is 10's and get a new dd than start looking for a new place w/ a garage.

nah it isnt a short. definately be needing a motor

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxer901 View Post

Not happening josh, the farthest I will push the truck is the 2.6 w/125 shot. Maybe next year I will be doing a stroker, I almost did one this year for the spring rental but wasnt back to work yet. Main goal is 10's and get a new dd than start looking for a new place w/ a garage.
    dude, 125 shot should catapult you beyond my truck! Don't forget I don't have a stroker, or an aluminum block, or XR heads, or a 2.8 KB. I've got a run of the mill built combo, no special tricks! I'm still surprised nobody with a big ol' 3.4 whip, XR heads, even non-stroker HD hasn't reached my times yet. The screw HD's are only around 500 lbs heavier than L's, and the 00's are somewhere in the middle, so the weight difference isn't unsurpassable. Once you go 2.6 KB, if you do the sheetmetal plenum, our powerplants will be pretty much identical. You spray it, you should be laying down more power than me. I'd like to spray this year but it depends on what kind of a deal I can get on a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    nah it isnt a short. definately be needing a motor
    ah that sucks. Time to start hunting for stock blocks lol. When you planning on tearing it down? I'd love to give a hand and really see what went south on it. Maybe you can just rebuild the current powerplant, toss in some decent rods, and sell it as a petty stout semi-built setup.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    well looks like we might be twins with the camaro's . With the new job its coming down to a 2011 5.0 mustang or a 2010 camaro

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha get the mustang just so we can have some nice competition grudge matches at Atco! Ford vs Chevy!

I'm really digging the stang too but that 16 gal fuel tank just kills it for me. The new stangs & camaros seem very well matched up in nearly all aspects, so would be some good racing!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sounds good to me