Thread: where to get diablo!?!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where to get diablo!?!

so after reading a lot of tuner posts...I want a diablosport predator tuner NOW! lol but i can't fine a single place that has one in stock and/or is open Sunday afternoon :-( guess I'll have to wait

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you looking for some place local? Unless there's a local tuner by you, usually they don't sell those sort of things at pepboys lol.

Call up JLP in the morning, they'll probably still be open on the holiday. What else are you adding? I wouldn't bother with a programmer unless you're also doing a 6 lb'er, plugs, belt, and an intake all together.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wasn't planning on adding anything else for a while. so you don't recommend on a stock engine at all?

EDIT: was trying to contact the dealers they had listed on their web site

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    It wont really do much stock IMO. Only thing I noticed different, was I was running a bit richer, and got a little worse gas mileage. Didnt have any "seat of the pants" gains that I could tell. So I reinstalled the stock tune until I changed pulleys.

If your not ready to do the pulley swap yet, then just keep an eye out for a used one at a much better price in the mean time. You should eventually get a custom tune anyway, so why pay full price for canned tunes you wont use? I think I got mine used for $175 shipped.
    Last edited by SonicHD; 01-17-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aww no fun I could of swore I read a good gain in not only performance but shift points even with a stock truck :-/ meh oh well I can wait I guess

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    yeah first mods should be a cai, and some type of valve body for the trans. you do not want to change the shift points via a tuner. with a tuner it bumps the line pressure up and you will have problems. now if you add a lower pulley get a tuner and plugs as well.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afguy2082 View Post
    aww no fun I could of swore I read a good gain in not only performance but shift points even with a stock truck :-/ meh oh well I can wait I guess

you'll gain some performance, but the truck will WAKE UP big time with a 6 lb lower pulley. You can get a kit from LFP with a 6 lb lower, belt, plugs, and a programmer for $499. Thats one HELL of a bargain for the gains you're going to get out of it!

And with a stock truck, fidding with the shift points won't really gain you much at all. It'll just stress the motor a bit more on already weak rods.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    you'll gain some performance, but the truck will WAKE UP big time with a 6 lb lower pulley. You can get a kit from LFP with a 6 lb lower, belt, plugs, and a programmer for $499. Thats one HELL of a bargain for the gains you're going to get out of it!

And with a stock truck, fidding with the shift points won't really gain you much at all. It'll just stress the motor a bit more on already weak rods.
    I would like to get my Truck just into the 5's for 0-60 and low 14's or high 13's for 1/4. Would the LFP kit be able to do that and still be safe for a daily driver?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Yup!

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbagpipes View Post
    I would like to get my Truck just into the 5's for 0-60 and low 14's or high 13's for 1/4. Would the LFP kit be able to do that and still be safe for a daily driver?
    Yeah you are at sea level (or close to it) so should be NO problemo.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scotone View Post
    Yeah you are at sea level (or close to it) so should be NO problemo.
    And it will still be safe for a daily driver running with more boost and a dyno tune?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    COMPLETELY safe for a daily driver. You can even get into the 12's and not have to sacrafice any drivability with the right path of mods.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    COMPLETELY safe for a daily driver. You can even get into the 12's and not have to sacrafice any drivability with the right path of mods.
    Great! Thats all i needed to know. Thanks for all the help!