Thread: trany ??????

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

trany ??????

Im going back to the dyno in a few weeks and im just not sure where to stop power at as far as the tranny gose????

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Not sure it really matters....I suppose the higher you go, the higher your risk for failure. But I toasted mine stock about a year and a half ago

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    they vary quite a bit. There's some guys with L's running in the 10's on the stock transmission, then there's guys bone stock that kill the stocker. Conditions, use, power, cooling, supporting mods, etc. all can impact it.

My trans held up fine with 400/500, but once I turned it up to 649/692 it crapped out in a couple hundred miles. Now at 700/784 with a built trans and no issues so far *knock on wood* lol

Whats your current power level? If you're planning a buildup (if you're not already built), then doing the trans at the same time as the motor saves labor and time and money.

If you're a mild setup, standard bolt-on's with the stock blower, then a valve body is usually plenty of trans protection. You're further up north, but if you see a lot of traffic or do a lot of cooling, an aux trans cooler is a good idea too.