Thread: Door Locks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Door Locks

Has anybody had the problem of door locks not working. I can hear the soliniod working but the doors wont lock. I have heard that it could be the after market alarm. When you do try to lock with the switch on the door or the key fob the alarm will go off after about 5 minutes. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea its on a 2000.

HD4595
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did you ever figure out your issue? I have had an issue with the light being on for an "open door" when the doors were actually closed. It caused the cab light to stay on a few times and ran the battery down.

Just curious if you ever found your issue.

When I worked for BMW we often saw "central door lock" system failures and I bet our trucks have the same type of setup but I have not dug into it.

I just got my HELMS factory Ford books so I am going to start tearing into it and will let you know what I find.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    if your truck thinks the door's open, it's probably the door sensor, the little button gets pressed when the door is shut and they do go bad, happened to my `97, Napa carried the replacement and it was an easy fix.

mine was easy to test to find out which door it was because there's only 2 doors so I only had to test 1 door ;) On the trucks you'd have to check until you find it, just test with a test light that the switch works.