Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: February 2010 - TOTM Michael "2002BlacknBlue" Brown #230

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

February 2010 - TOTM Michael "2002BlacknBlue" Brown #230

I have to say it that this month’s winner definitely has one of the most unique HD trucks on the road. Needless to say, if you driving down the road, there is no way you could miss his truck. From its original paint scheme to the sound of that built bottom end as she fly’s past, this HD is certainly one of a kind.

Even though the curse of popping plugs has been prevalent in his truck now 3 times, he always takes the high road and does what we all know needs to be done…go bigger and badder!! That must be why he is so smart and part of that secret society...PETA is it or was it MENSA?? A real trooper who truly cares about his truck to always keep her in the best condition he can, even after the tonneau cover blew up and smashed into the cab while being towed from behind, wait a minute…from behind?? How exactly did he get into that secret society of smart people again?? Definitely PETA!

All kidding aside, the month’s winner goes to a true Ford fanatic…even if he does have a Chebby in the garage. When he isn’t playing around with any of his many toys or riding around for 1000’s and 1000’s of miles on his Harley Motorcycle, you can always find him on the boards with some great info or just some good posts that make us laugh.

So let me be the first to congratulate this month’s TOTM winner and I give you February 2010’s TOTM winner, member #230, Michael “2002BlacknBlue” Brown and his 2002 HD F150.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?
    I started riding motorcycles in 1969 and Harleys for the last 18 years. When I found out that Ford was making a SuperCrew F-150 that was supercharged I knew that I had to have one. I needed a vehicle with more than two seats and the thought of a truck that could get out of its own way and being linked to Harley-Davidson was too much to bear. I fell in love with the paint on this one.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?
    I’ve been a Ford person forever as I grew up in the 50’s with Fords. My first car was a brand new 66 Mustang and since then we have had 5 Mustangs, a 56 T-bird that I restored, 6 F-150’s and one Corvette. I bought this truck off of E-bay. Since it was a local sale I could see it and drive it before buying it. I bought it in 2003 with 9K miles on it.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!
    Built lower end, Stage II cams and Stage III heads. Magna Powers SC, FTVB, 10# lower, OBX Long tubes, electric cutouts, Lightning valence, tail lights and third brake light. ARE deck lid with spoiler and a Bedrug. Cowl induction hood, billet grills and Chickenears billet. Carbon-fiber radiator and wire loom covers. Orange LED lighting underneath and fire and ice tailgate light bar. HID headlights, Train horns and a Kenwood DVD/TV tuner. I painted the HD logos on the wheels. Blue lit gauges, wideband and boost/vac. I’m looking for a clock to match the LED blue lighting of the gauges.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!
    I grew up in Pittsburgh and moved to Florida in 1966. I am an Electrical Engineer with a degree in Computer Design (1978), I’ve worked for Florida Power & Light for 33 years now. I’ve done scuba diving, sky diving, surfing, water skiing and competed in body building. I’ve rode my HD motorcycle thru the Black Hills at Sturgis and I’ve rode up to Baltimore, Maryland non-stop on the motorcycle. Over 1000 miles in less than 24 hours and did the same thing on the ride back. I’m a member of Mensa, but I don’t fit in with that crowd, lol. I had to design and build my own house so I could get a 6 car garage. You will notice that my garage floor is Ford blue and a white vinyl tile. My current hobby is flying RC helicopters. Flying one of those is easier than changing out the rear driver’s side spark plug. I’m trying to combine my love of video and still photography into the helicopter hobby for a possible retirement income.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    I don’t think I have ever run into a better group of people on any forum. People will bend over backwards to help fellow members with anything to do with the trucks or even a personal situation. It’s like a family without the black sheep part, lol. The GTG’s make for a memorable event no matter where or who has it. “People helping people and having a good time in the process” is what I see in the NHTOC.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    I would think with the current economic situation, possibly more how-tos and alternate sources for the material to use on these and other mods.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?
    Uhhhh, would you believe the paint job led me to the name, lol. And it rhymes!

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!
    Take the time to sharpen up and fine tune all of the current mods. It’s easy to have some loose ends. I’d like to add some lighting in the cab, under the hood and in the bed. Save up for a KB.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!
    I would like to thank all the members for their help and a special thanks to my wife for not killing me every time she opens the AMEX bill and sees all those odd PayPal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!! It's about time.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gorgeous truck! Congratulations!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    congrats great looking truck!
    ::

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Awesome truck!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    long overdue, beautiful truck!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice ! Congrats

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Well deserved Mike.... A beautiful truck indeed! Way to go bro'
    :

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations bro

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats! well deserved!!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Michael... thanks for all of your contributions.

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to thank all of you. You are what make this site what it is and I am grateful to everyone for all their help through the years, blah blah blah.

Wanted to make sure that I got my avatar in the thread, lol.

Mid West H/D
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice congrates totm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast