Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mod plan schedule for Dr. Jekyll s/c conversion....

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Mod plan schedule for Dr. Jekyll s/c conversion....

Winter's been waaaay too long, and I haven't gotten to drive Hyde since November, or even Jekyll since January being snowed in the entire month of Feb! Doesn't look like I'll even get to drive it for another week or two at least till this all melts unless it snows AGAIN (although its more fun in the Stealth on the studded snow tires if it does snow more )

Anyway, can't wait to get that sucker supercharged this spring, but have zero time during the week to wrench, so I layed out my plan of action for modding this spring to get me through these winter blues

MARCH:
    5-7th
    -Tint windows
    -Install steering stabilizer
    -Change oil
    -Port parts for sale
    13-14th
    -Port stock TB & Plenum
    -Order wideband, gauge pod, O2 extenders, header bolts, & harwood hood
    19-21st
    -Paint TB & Plenum
    -Pickup JLP Airbox
    -Port midplate
    -Port lower intake (very mild)
    27-28th
    -Paint midplate & lower intake, brackets & intake parts
    -Install unpainted harwood

APRIL:
    2-3rd
    -Remove stock exhaust
    -Install full exhaust
    10-11th
    -other plans
    16-18th
    -SSOTN!
    24-25th
    -JLP Dyno Day!
    -Final tally on s/c parts & order anything missing
    -Drop off hood for paint

MAY:
    1-2nd
    -Ripdown N/A system
    -Install S/C system
    8-9th
    -Complete S/C system
    -Pickup painted hood
    14-16th
    -Get dyno tuned!
    -Detail the trucks
    22-23rd
    -Detail the Stealth
    -Prep the car FOR SALE
    28-31st
    -Park the Stealth out front with a big ol' FOR SALE sign at my parents house and hopefully catch the eye of one of the many many cars driving past heading to the shore that weekend for Memorial day weekend

JUNE-JULY-AUGUST:
    -Daily drive Jekyll (truck only has barely 4k miles on it right now, will probably barely get 1k this spring, so I may double the mileage to 8k by the end of summer LoL!

SEPTEMBER:
    -Go 2SS/RS 6M CGM Camaro Hunting! - OR - Go 2011 GT 5.0L Mustang Hunting!

Yeah, I could complete a lot of those mods sooner, but its more fun stretching it out to enjoy the modding a bit more lol
    Last edited by Harley#356; 05-17-2010 at 06:26 AM.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where is the weekend that your flying down here to work on my truck? I don't see that on your schedule anywhere...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I haven't seen any large donations sent to my paypal account yet for tech support LoL!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    sounds like a plan but where am i on your schedule? i just got a motor for the L and looks like that is first on the swapping block!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    gotta post up your schedule too Rich so we can coordinate!

March & April with the exception of doing the exhaust is all little minor stuff like porting. Not full weekend wrenching, so I can still give you a hand

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    haha nice mod planning schedule. You're a busy man Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    hey it helps keep my sanity! Plus if I've got my mods already planned out and scheduled, I'm less likely to go buy more mods...or a camaro

Updated the agenda for this weekends schedule...guess I'll update my 1st post each weekend and gray out the completed tasks lol

TINT....DONE!

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still have that billetflow power pipe if you are lookin for some shine

well i just started tearing apart the L i hope to be pulling the motor next weekend. i already got the s/c and all that crap out. tomorrow i will have the intake manifold and rad. out. going to also try and pull all the acc. stuff and exhaust.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatout_Krazy View Post
    I still have that billetflow power pipe if you are lookin for some shine
    lol now ya tell me. Already got a thundertube setup for it a while back. Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    well i just started tearing apart the L i hope to be pulling the motor next weekend. i already got the s/c and all that crap out. tomorrow i will have the intake manifold and rad. out. going to also try and pull all the acc. stuff and exhaust.
    I can probably give you a hand Friday after work if you want to yank it then. I'm done at 3:00. If you've got all the other stuff out by then, should be a quick and easy yank Friday evening!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    First week of scheduled modding complete!

I'll try to get pics up tonight. Tint looks 100x's better after I had the windshield redone, oil was still golden after 3k miles when I changed it lol, and the steering stabilizer has seemed to live up to the claims I've read on it!

sounds good! i picked the new motor up today, and turned the truck around and got it nosed into the garage.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Sweet deal! I should be there around 4:30 if thats still good. Hopefully we're done playing with broken block puzzle pieces by 10 so i can still get home and shower and not be a zombie for tomorrow I've never messed with a blown motor in person before though, so I'm interested to see the carnage haha. Hopefully this is the last time I ever have to mess with one too though!

ive been lmfao! everytime i lay under it i find more pieces lol

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ***UPDATE***

Beautiful weekend to get some work done! Did a little on parts for Jekyll, but mostly spent some quality TLC time with Hyde

Got all the brackets for Jekyll half painted. Black crinkle, then ran out of paint to paint the back half of the parts and Advance is out of VHT crinkle Also got the lower intake & midplate crinkle painted and the bottom of the intake manifold epoxy white, it turned out REAL nice! Decided I'm not posting any pics though till everything is ready to slap on. But I'm really digging the look so far! It won't be total smurf this time around It'll have just enough blue to really pop, but make for one very nice clean engine bay.

Onto Hyde, had some nasty gritty crap on my 8 coats of Zaino that wouldn't come off from when it sat at JLP's for a month last fall when I couldn't pick it up. Overspray from the farm fields. Also swirls galore from a full winter of dust blowing under the car cover and wind flapping it around. Uncovered the truck for the first time since JANUARY Washed it, claybared it, 3M Compounded it, 3M Swirl Removered it, then 2 coats of Zaino. It's looking sexy!

Unfortunately my 22" reps are trashed I KNEW I should have taken them off for the winter. F'ing chinese chrome is thin as tissue paper on the insides. Was wiping off tissuepaper chrome with a microfiber! Then on the outside faces of the rims, the fronts have minor pitting here and there, but the backs have bad pitting between the corners of the spokes. The rims were almost white when I took the wheel covers off it was that bad After neverdull then mothers billet polish they look chrome again, but the pitting in the corners is permanent. Still looks nice enough from 2-3 feet away, but I definitely need to get them rechromed next year with some quality AMERICAN chroming!

Went to take it for a spin for the first time since January as well and only made it 1 block and had to turn around. water in a coil pack from washing it Can't wait to get the mad coil pack seals on!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast