Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: crawl out from under the rocks!!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    nobody makes a straight 2" cowl. They're all 3". But their 3" are measured differently lol. Rich's is a cervinis 3" and mine's a harwood 3". The harwoods a little taller than the cervinis 3".

As for the drop, whats your definition of improving ride quality? For some its a softer ride, for some its a stiffer ride, really depends on personal preference there.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i want a better stance for starters, and as long as it doesnt ride like chit it doesnt matter what the feel is.. pretty much as long as it doesnt feel l ike im in a tank im good (been there done that lol )

4inch u need a c-notch?

hmmm... ur right gotta do some research.. probably just go with a 2/3 then.. bilistein shocks im guessing ur going to tell me to go with? lol

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well you can go lower and have a softer ride. go lower and have the same ride. or go lower and have a stiffer ride. So thats why it really all depends.

In Hyde i'm lowered 2.5/3.5 with a softer ride than stock with V6 front coils and Fiberglass leafs. Its a drag style suspension, but really isnt needed unless you're pushing low 11's or 10's.

In Jekyll I'm lowered 1.75/3 with a stiffer ride up front and the same ride out back with Ruslow 1000 lb coils up front and JLP 2-3-4" shackles out back.

Previously in Hyde I had Ruslow coils up front and Hotchkis leafs out back and that was a firmer ride all around than stock.

And for shocks bilsteins are the best bang for the buck combo to go with.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    i got a hotchkis tvs in the hd with bilstein lightning spec shocks. it is firm, but not bad. in fact i love the way it rides. im upgrading to qa1 shocks in it also.

as for my L i just lowered it in the front sat. with roush 2" springs. it is the same hieght as my hd, and seams to rides alittle softer. i still have to drop the rear with the belltech shackles. that truck has stock bilsteins in the front and qa1s in the rear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3