Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: crawl out from under the rocks!!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well I'm heading over to tpr103's now to help drop the motor back into the L.

Calling all JHO's in the area to swing on by and lend a hand!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When this is going to happen?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    josh is the man!! him and i got the motor in, went pretty straight forward. josh left around 10pm. i continued til 3, and installed the headers, lower intake, p/s pump, a/c comp., alt., lower s/c pulley, wire harness, fuel rails, and a bunch of other things. now if i didnt decided to get the blower ported it would be running this weekend.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffmann View Post
    When this is going to happen?
    happened right after I posted! LoL! If you left right then you would have been there just in time to help get it buttoned in place haha.

Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    josh is the man!! him and i got the motor in, went pretty straight forward. josh left around 10pm. i continued til 3, and installed the headers, lower intake, p/s pump, a/c comp., alt., lower s/c pulley, wire harness, fuel rails, and a bunch of other things. now if i didnt decided to get the blower ported it would be running this weekend.
    Not a problem Rich! Anytime I'm actually surprised how smoothly that engine went in, especially with how hard of a time we had getting it out. Thats probably the smoothest install I've done so far on a motor.

And you sure got a lot of work done after I left! Just think if you worked that hard while I was there too, we'd have been driving that sucker around by 10pm last night!

well after wading through the water lol. i havent touched the L since we put the motor in friday and i wrenched after you left josh. with all the dame rain we had i wasnt going out in the garage and get wet from the door being open. plus i had to deal with my damn basement flooding.

so i worked on it tonight and it is done! just needs a blower. i think im going to bolt the mp on in the meantime just to get it running and check for leaks. also would like to get it out of the garage, and pull the hd in and get started on that.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    NICE!!!

Get cracking this weekend (supposed to be beautiful out!), get the L up and running and get the top end of the HD torn down! Then late next week we can yank that motor!

Almost be up to 1 motor removal or reinstall per week lol

lol i dont think i want to R&R a motor a week! but that would be nice to get the hd working again. i miss driving her. i cant wait to drive the L, but its nothing compared to 600hp.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    lol i dont think i want to R&R a motor a week! but that would be nice to get the hd working again. i miss driving her. i cant wait to drive the L, but its nothing compared to 600hp.
    lol you'll be a pro by the time you're done all these R&R's on your vehicles!

and you're telling me man. At least your L is around 400/500 that you get to drive in the mean time till your HD is back up and tearing up the streets! I miss driving Hyde around with 650 on my street tune when all I get to drive around right now is a measly 220 Jekyll! Although it may be like 245 now with the full exhaust lol. You felt the fury when we went to get pizza last week and I went WOT on the way home! Your jeep is probably faster! haha

The good news, my coil packs & seals for Hyde should be on their way from Mad this week, and my final few s/c conversion parts for Jekyll should be shipping out in another week or two so I can start that conversion come May!

i dont wanna be a pro lol! lets not make pulling motors to fix trucks a habit lol! im all for pulling motors and making them faster, but this repair chit is for the birds.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha ah I get an itch every now and then for a good R&R project. But I've got to give you props this time around, just as my itch was approaching you pop up with 2 motor swap projects, so I get to scratch that itch without opening my own wallet for once lol

well here is some new news on the L saga lol. i couldnt take it anymore, registered it and insured. slapped the magnum powers on it and went to a last minute gtg. all i have to say is open headers and a mp scream is insane. this was thursday. on my way to the gtg i gave her some throttle and all of a sudden all i saw was smoke! i mean alot of smoke. well i guess when the motor blew there must have been alot of oil in the exhaust. after a mile it all burnt out, thank god! before the gtg thursday i threw the mp on (thanks for being patient tony) and installed billet grills, and hid fogs.

now fast forward to sat. i finally put her closer to the ground, at least the front. i put a set of roush 2" springs in the front with no iso's. its not slammed but looks 100x better. actually rides real good, and sits the same as my hd. im going to try and get the rear end done today with some belltech shackles.

monday it is getting dropped off to have the exhaust rewelded where i cut it. i also dropped off the old sct x2 @ jdm to have a tune put on it. i upgraded my hd to the x3. for some reason though it doesnt like it. even though i have a dead cyl and one is done on comp. it would sit there and idle. with the x3 it just dies on me. and my fuel press. is low. i have only 5% fuel left, so that could be it, but it used to run fine on the x2. once the lightning is lowered i plan on moving it out of the way and pulling the hd in the garage to begin the motor pull.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rich

I just feel so bad, I would like to be there in all of those wrench days (or nights) but the weekday trip back and forth from here aren't funny, let's hope for great weather weekends ahead.

np hoffie, but you need to grace us with your presence one day!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah its been far too long Hoff!

And I'm dieing for some grilled spider monkey! I'll chip in a few bucks to split the cost on it!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all i keep hearing about is this spider monkey.. now i wanan try this stuff.. lol

hey rich, what tpe of hood is that on your harley in the background pic you posted? cowl right? 3 inch? or 2? and you got any pics of your harley lowered? trying to figure out best height to do to improve ride quality and still be set up pretty good for 60ft times..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast