Thread: 2010 4.6 L supercharged crewcab

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2010 4.6 L supercharged crewcab

Hi All,

I am about to get the new F 150 and let my 2007 crew cab go

I had (2005, F150) 4.6 L on a super cab in the past and I enjoyed driving it lots

How would a (2010, F 150) 4.6 L supercharged do on a new shape crew cab?

Does anybody have any feedback ?

Thank you all,

Name: zague

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't know that the 2010's had a supercharged option.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    On the 2010 Ford.com is only showing the following engines available for the harley F150

Engine type --- 4.6L 2-valve V8, 4.6L 3-valve V8, 5.4L 3-valve V8, & 6.2L 2v V8

No supercharger options for the 2010's on the F150

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you're talking about getting a 2010 and adding a charger to it, I'd start with the 5.4, which already has more HP than the 4.6 to start. Plus the aftermarket for trucks is geared toward the 5.4. I'm sure you could mod up a 4.6 nicely but it would take more work and more cost to do so. The only advantage would be the points you'd get for being unique and trying something different.

The newer F150s are very heavy and shaped like a brick, so you need a stout build to plow it down the road fast!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is any of the 2010 4.6 L engines are the same as 4.6 L that previous (2004-2009) generation had ?

One reason I want to go for 4.6 L supercharged is that I think it has more hotrod attitude compare to 5.4 supercharged( Maybe I am thinking about older Ford Mustangs that had 4.6 L supercharged)

Thanks,

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the truck and stang engines are different.You could bolt on a Paxton or one of the other Centri S/C. Or you can do like A guy down here and made his own intake and bolted an Eaton on his 3.8 V6 stang.It has 150,000 miles on it and the auto trans and putting 325 HP to the rear wheels.If you are going to mod it might as well get the 5.4....
    2008 HD F150 AWD, Airaid CAI,Flowmaster true dual Exhaust,Poly-Tuff spray in bedliner, Factory wheels painted Black Chrome, Diablosport Tuner & more to come... Cianfroccadetail.com

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    there's only 5.4 HD F-150's. They were never offered with a 4.6.

Also, the only reason mustangs had 4.6's isn't because it's more of a hod rodder engine, it's the 5.4's are even bigger. They lay down more hp & more tq than a 4.6. How's a less poweful engine more hot roddish? lol Look at the GT500's, they come with the 5.4, where the regular GT's only come with the 4.6 (and now the 5.0 in 2011).

Go with the 5.4, and supercharge it. The new trucks are tanks and need the extra kick to get them moving! but be careful, the internals aren't the greatest. Honestly at this point I'd hold out another year or two if you can and wait for a 6.2L in a HD truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ya all,

I do appreciate for feedback, I can say one reason I was gonna go for 4.6(supercharged) was because there is no suprecharger made for new generation 5.4 yet as I know !

I am holding on getting the new F 150 anyways, but my F 150 will leave soon

Take care everybody

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    have you done any searching at all? There's a ton of supercharger kits out there for the new 3V 5.4. Whipple, Roush, Saleen, etc. all make them.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    have you done any searching at all? There's a ton of supercharger kits out there for the new 3V 5.4. Whipple, Roush, Saleen, etc. all make them.
    Yeah, I have asked few dealers as I want the supercharge get installed with some warranty to avoid headache, but none of them dealers have installed any supercharge on new 5.4 yet.