Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Mark "SCBQQSTN" Hulsewe #651

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

May 2010 Mark "SCBQQSTN" Hulsewe #651

This month’s winner has been with the NHTOC since 2005 and I think it is safe to say that he is as car crazy as the rest of us for sure. He has gone through not 1, but 2 Harley trucks before finally landing on his current truck with a brief moment of going over to the dark side. He soon realized he desperately wanted to come back to the Ford HD Family, so we won’t hold that against him, as he did come back to the light. Actually to put it one way, he really did come back to the light, having put us all through a scare not too long ago, after a long day of wrenching and a late night trip home…he is “standing” tall and still around to enjoy every day with all of us and his family.

A current college student who is enjoying life doing what all college students do and doing his best to stay out of trouble, but has a musical side which may come as a surprise to many, when he feels he needs to sit down and relax. A family orientated person ready to stick up for his siblings in any situation, (just make sure all bets go through me as I am the manager, bookie, and referee for any sanctioned bouts!!). All kidding aside, family is extremely important to him and is what drives him every day.

A regular at many a GTG and if you ever have meet this month’s winner in person, you will understand when I say he is no slouch when it comes to the height department. Standing at a whopping 8ft tall, only shadowed by his 10ft of hair (when he is in desperate need of a haircut for that fro!!!). Perhaps the recent purchase of his “rocket” on 2 wheels will get that hair under control so it will actually fit in a helmet.

So with that being said, let me be the first to congratulate this month’s TOTM winner and I give you May 2010’s TOTM winner, member #651, Mark “SCBQQSTN” Hulsewe and his 2003 HD F150 #0868

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

When I was seventeen years old and was looking to get a truck, I hands down wanted to get a sonic blue lighting. However my father wanted me to have something more practical with four doors and wanted to get me a super crew instead. My dad and I went to the dealership and they had a beautiful, brand new '04 SB lightning for sale. After much convincing I test drove that lightning and thought it was the most awesome pickup ever!! We were about to do the deal for the lightning and something gorgeous caught the corner of my eye, a MINT '02 Harley F150. We go over there and we both could not believe how beautiful this truck was. It was two years old but only had 230 miles (Previous owner was a sailor and very rarely drove the truck). However despite how beautiful the truck was, I did not want to sacrifice the awesome speed that the lightning had. Then he popped the hood... my jaw dropped to the ground when I saw it had the same power plant as the lightning. I was instantly sold on having that truck.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I was very blessed to have the Harley truck as my first vehicle. I know a lot of young kids who don't have the opportunity to own such a nice first vehicle. My first '02 Harley truck did me well for four years, about two years into owning the truck I discovered the best truck forum ever, known as NHTOC. I remember reading up about the general problems that these trucks had, particularly with the four thread heads and the dreaded ticking noise. I posted up a thread about it, and out of nowhere, Adam (cfradam) PMed me. He took the time out of his day to drive almost an hour, and help a complete stranger to bust his knuckles and pull all the plugs from my truck. I was so thankful for that, and could not believe good people like this still existed in this world. It was then that I knew that this IS the best forum out there, with guys who don't act like internet tough guys like most forums.

Then came the point of selling my truck to get my "dream car", a 2002 Electron Blue Corvette Z06. I remember being very sad for letting the truck go, but also happy for having a Z06!!....... eight months and $10,000 in mechanical repairs later, I sold that nightmare of a car.

I purchased a fully built '02 Harley truck from Canada. The truck was great but started detonating bad in the top of second...the previous owner spent 15k on a built motor but did not upgrade the fuel injectors or fuel pumps..... I posted another thread about it and Mark jumped to help me out. I drove down to FT. Pierce and he helped me throughout the entire day tearing my motor down and fixing everything. 11 hours later it's 3 am, I insisted on driving back because I had an exam that morning at my college, University of Central Florida. It's a miracle I came back alive. I fell asleep at the wheel on the way home. Smashed into the guardrail going 100 mph. Moral of the story, wear your seatbelt. Even with my seat belt on I still should have died. God was looking out for me.

Hard lesson learned. Now I'm on my THIRD Harley truck. A beautiful whippled '03 and could not be happier......well, with a built motor I can be haha

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

2.3L Polished Whipple, 4 lb lower, 60 lb injector, 255 Walbro fuel pumps, Full hotckis TVS system, Bilstein shocks, Crossbar, JL stealth box, JL amp, upgraded door speakers, Gaylord speedstur, monitor in both driver and passenger visors and headrests.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I have always like riding bikes. I did motocross a lot when I was younger, now I recently purchased a brand new White Hayabusa and that is a BLAST to drive. I enjoy basketball, football, pretty much anything that will keep me in shape. I enjoy mind games, being a college student there is nothing better than material that will educate the brain. Playing the piano is one of my favorite things to do when I have "free" time. That and socializing with my fraternity brothers and having fun with the sorority girls.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

The knowledge and willingness to help one another. That is the main reason why I come back to this site. Whenever I have an issue somebody is there to help out, always. This is something that I hope never changes about the members of this site.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Return the layout of the site to the way it used to be lol. I know it's been beaten to death, but I really liked the old layout that NHTOC used to have.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

SC = Supercharged, BQQSTN = Boost, but used "Q's" instead of "O's" to be different.... yes I know it's dumb and if I could I would change it lol

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Well I was going to go built.... but with so many stories that I hear about the build process taking extremely long and the chances for complications, I decided to invest the money in a hyper bike instead. Maybe I will change my mind in the future and go built, but as of now my Harley truck is perfect the way it is.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

My website is North America For you guys that want good rates when traveling for business or vacation purposes please contact me!

God bless all of you!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats! Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Sweeeeeet!

Beautiful truck. Excellent job!

Congrats!

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations. Interesting story too. Your truck is very well done. Be careful on the 'busa cuz I know its hyper fun and hard not to twist the wrist.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations Giant Mark.

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats lil guy!!

Way to bring it back to the sunshine state!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Mark!!!

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats on TOTM!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!!

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats.............

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!!
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinjr View Post
    Congrats! Way to go!
    It only took five years to get here! lol

Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Sweeeeeet!

Beautiful truck. Excellent job!

Congrats!
    I made sure the third time was a charm thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by fxstbf150 View Post
    Congratulations. Interesting story too. Your truck is very well done. Be careful on the 'busa cuz I know its hyper fun and hard not to twist the wrist.
    TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! I have driven my share of fast cars, but it's no comparison to the busa... it's incredible how fast this bike is

Quote Originally Posted by walter123walter View Post
    Congratulations Giant Mark.
    Well thank you midget walter. The world is a better place with giants like me

Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    Congrats lil guy!!

Way to bring it back to the sunshine state!

Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks View Post
    Congrats Mark!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Congrats on TOTM!
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    Congrats!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyhank View Post
    Congrats.............
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    congrats!!
    thank you all!!!

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Sweet! Congrats!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The third one has to be a charm, besides...this truck is indeed gorgeous!!!

Congratulations Mark!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats mark!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast