Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would I need shock extenders w/ JLP drop shackles only?

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Would I need shock extenders w/ JLP drop shackles only?

What is the net drop on the 4" setting for JLP drop shackles? Would it lower the truck enough to need shock extenders and lower bump stops? I can't stand the huge gap in the back of my 03' and want to lower the back asap. Using the shackles won't cause any issues with installing a factory L sway bar would it?

I'm leaving the front alone aside from L spec billestiens. Will the back be slightly lower than the front? That's what I'm going for anyway. Call me crazy but I like the look of a slight rake.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yes... you will get a smoother ride.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alright thanks.

Does anybody know the net drop with the JLP shackles installed on the 4" setting? Is it close to 4" or is it really just 3"? I wan't the back slightly lower than the front.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TONE RAIDER View Post
    Alright thanks.

Does anybody know the net drop with the JLP shackles installed on the 4" setting? Is it close to 4" or is it really just 3"? I wan't the back slightly lower than the front.
    On the 4" setting the max drop you will net is 3". That's a first for me, can't recall anyone ever wanting their rear height slightly lower that the front.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Laugh

Maybe with air bags,but all of the time?

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lol yea thats how i want it. i guess theres a first for everything thanks guys. i think 3" out back should be enough. i'd rather go with drop shackles than leafsprings because it's cheaper. when i finally drop the back i'll share a few pics

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I'm pretty sure my truck has the JLP shackles and they are on the lowest setting, measured from the center of the wheels to the bottom of the fender flares, the rear is identical to the front, and my front is stock height.

I have L-spec bilsteins and noticed a pretty good improvement when I added belltech shock extenders to the rear recently.

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    I'm pretty sure my truck has the JLP shackles and they are on the lowest setting, measured from the center of the wheels to the bottom of the fender flares, the rear is identical to the front, and my front is stock height.

I have L-spec bilsteins and noticed a pretty good improvement when I added belltech shock extenders to the rear recently.
    do you have pics of your truck? i want to see your stance so i can tell if that's what i'm looking for or not. i'm thinking i might have to shell out the extra cash for leaf springs as well to get it slightly lower.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If your front is stock, JLP shackles will get you even/level. If you want to be lower (front/back), then you will need to do some additional research.

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmmm. alright so if i get the belltech leaf springs that would take it down a full 4"? if i had drop shackles to that how much lower can I go before I need a c-notch?

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    do you have pics of your truck? i want to see your stance so i can tell if that's what i'm looking for or not. i'm thinking i might have to shell out the extra cash for leaf springs as well to get it slightly lower.

2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hmmm. alright so if i get the belltech leaf springs that would take it down a full 4"? if i had drop shackles to that how much lower can I go before I need a c-notch?
    Yes you get full 4" on a 03, because we're an inch higher than previous models. At 4" rear drop we're sort of treading the proverbial C Notch waters. Anything greater I suspect you'll sacrifice ride quality to a greater degree. So will be a matter of c notching anything >4” for an improve ride and shock life or sacrifice comfort/shock life for appearance.

bone stock for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the pics Blind. Your truck is looking nice! stance looks pretty much level.

Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Yes you get full 4" on a 03, because we're an inch higher than previous models. At 4" rear drop we're sort of treading the proverbial C Notch waters. Anything greater I suspect you'll sacrifice ride quality to a greater degree. So will be a matter of c notching anything >4” for an improve ride and shock life or sacrifice comfort/shock life for appearance.
    i think i'm going to go with bel tech springs even though its probably a lot easier just to throw shackles on. this is the right one for our trucks right?

Belltech Sport Trucks 5986 - Belltech Sport Trucks Lowering Multi-Pack Leaf Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes, those are the ones I have.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    i think i'm going to go with bel tech springs even though its probably a lot easier just to throw shackles on. this is the right one for our trucks right?

Belltech Sport Trucks 5986 - Belltech Sport Trucks Lowering Multi-Pack Leaf Springs - Overview - SummitRacing.com
    I think someone at NLOC had a set for sale for $250.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast