Thread: Tuning Software ?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Tuning Software ?

Is there any tuning software out there that has been able to Read & Unlock Most or ALL the 02-03 Harley trucks PCM tables?
    Im really interested in reading as much of the stock PCM programming as possible and comparing the stock programing to a recal PCM from what used to be Blue Oval Performance that I have been running for the last 5-6yrs.
    Tazz

Drivetrain Calibration
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SCT, Diablo, and Sniper can all unlock everything. You have to take SCT's calibrator school or whatever to get them to unlock everything.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks
    Last time I heard but that was yrs ago that not everything was unlocked No one could actually read every parameter on my PCM.
    Really would like to see why Im able to run 18-19* timing on 91-92 octane fuel without any issues while other have problems running 16* max timing on 93 octane fuel.
    Tazz

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I remember the first time I took my truck to MC racing In KC to have it dynoed and the guys at MC Racing were just like man you got balls running that much timing with that AFR your going to blow that motor soon. 6yrs later no blown motor and the tranny is still good and Im hard on the truck everyday. Though the last yr ive got another toy to play with so the truck sees limited play time as the Turbo Solstice GXP now gets spanked almost everyday now.
    Tazz

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Tazz, I have one of those Blue Oval PCM's also but once I put the 4V heads on my truck, it was no longer any good.

I tried to tweak the tune using an X-Cal but it can't connect, it says non stock tune or something like that.

Some day, I will ask to borrow somebody's VIN number, drive into my dealers shop with the Blue Oval PCM installed and have the it reflashed to a stock EKO2 tune file (remember, my truck was originally an N/A truck). That way I will have a spare should I ever need it.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was wondering about that since when I tried to read a VIN# with the Pred it displayed some funcky shat on the screen.
    I still don't believe all the tables have been unlocked with either Sniper, SCT or Diablo but we will never know. If they have been it could be some of the code could have been rewritten and altered so as to preform better than the original code and would almost bet that this may be the reason why the PCM performs so well. If it's the original code and the parameters are just altered then Jerry is just better than everyone else out there HANDS DOWN since those PCM's that were tuned via BOP blow everyone else out of the water powerwise and adaptibility wise.
    I do know one thing the PCM on My Solstice GXP is 10X more complex than the Ford PCM and NO one to this date has unlocked the 2K tables(YES 2000 TABLES) that exist for that PCM. In addition the GM PCM is a Bosch PCM that is a nightmare to figure out as far as the code strings and since the LNF platform is dead I doubt that anyone will ever attempt to crack all the code tables for that PCM. Lucky that I found one of the two top tuners for the LNF platform that tuned my Solstice PCM a guy from CANADA Lyndon Wester that goes in with his own programs to alter the base code but even he has not been able to decipher all the code.
    Tazz

Name: Don

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it's the original code and the parameters are just altered then Jerry is just better than everyone else out there HANDS DOWN
    you hit it.

sct has all access, more than others from what I hear. you get a little more param.'s after training, but not likely to need most anything that is not already there by default for prp users. Jerry W. is the man!

they even added "transient fuel" items to the prp access which was isolated to expert level or dealer level tuning packages in past.
    Last edited by Weldingrod; 11-21-2010 at 09:02 PM.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tazz,

What mods are you running with your current combo using your BOP reflashed PCM? More importantly, what size injectors?
    Last edited by Madferraristi; 11-22-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh my!!!
    Over 650+ parameters.
    I have my hands on software that can read the BOP reflashed PCM and lots of tables to review to compare with the stock PCM. May take awhile but I'll probably know why I can run 18-19* @ WOT and not go BOOM on 91-92 octane fuel or have a MAF extender.

Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 03-08-2011 at 06:43 PM.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Oh my!!!
    I have my hands on software that can read the BOP reflashed PCM and lots of tables to review to compare with the stock PCM. May take awhile but I'll probably know why I can run 18-19* @ WOT and not go BOOM on 91-92 octane fuel or have a MAF extender.

Tazz
    Me want a copy, puhleeeez

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Got to chatting with a guy on other forum about the vehicles I have and the HPT software and said I wish there was something out there that I could use on my 03 reflashed PCM he said there he thought he could help out. Little did I know this guy is Millitary worked for NORAD at Peterson Air Force Base and I was able to get a hookup on the software to read the PCM.
    Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 03-08-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ya piqued my interest Tazz what software is this. Must be some damn nice stuff. Lemme know and I am sure I am not the only person wondering.
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Been too busy to play and look at the stock vs the reflashed PCM yet. Interesting I originally purchased a NEW spare 03 PCM with the EKO2 code but when I read the reflash it came up EKO1 which is a 02 PCM. Still makes some but not total sense since Mark Trammell had indicated that the tune was based off a 01Lighting tune. I can even enable the PATS that's been disabled for the past 7yrs on the reflashed PCM though I will need to do this at the Ford shop. Once I reload and enable the PATS the truck will not start and Ford will need to reprogram the PATS to match the Keys and this will enable the PATS.
    I suspect that most of the multipliers as well as the most of the ECM has been rewritten but just a guess. As with any tune or program what makes it a good vs great is the amount knowledge the programmer has and how they use it. If the person knows the programming and everything the PCM uses to do the calcs they can tune for anything. Even with the other vehcile I have which has a Bosch PCM and has 10X more code with 2500 tables/600 of those for the fuel delivery alone the same holds true and that just for engine management not even the transmission management system. Just to give you an idea of the amount of info in that Bosch PCM The entire Ford PCM can be read in about 2-3 min It takes near 20 min to read the bosch PCM. There are basically 2 tuners worldwide that can tune that PCM to great levels but even they have not cracked all 2500 tables and just rely on know how to taylor the tables they have cracked to compensate for the other tables.
    Tazz

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Het Tazz,

Have you done any more on this project since your last post, it's been over a year?

Mike