Thread: Power Sliding Rear Window Conversion, Help

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Power Sliding Rear Window Conversion, Help

Like the title states I am doing the power sliding rear window conversion. I wanted to know if anyone who's truck came factory with the power sliding rear window could help me out. I have all the major components (window, regulator & cables, dash bezel and switch) but it is the little components that are stopping me from doing the install. I need to know if anyone has the part number for the jumper harness that goes from the passenger, rear side of the cab to the rear window regulator, it is about 3.5 feet long and is a simple 2 wire harness. I also need to know if anyone knows where I can find the hardware needed to mount the window regulator to the rear of the cab. If anyone has any pictures or just happens to have a truck that has the rear interior out of it right now I would be endebted. Please respond if you can help me out!

Edit: managed to get the wiring harness from the salvage yard that I bought the window from, but still need help on the mounting hardware for the power sliding rear window regulator. I will post the PN once I get the harness just so anyone else that does this conversion can have the PN.
    Last edited by joedpl; 05-11-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Pm'ed you

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Found the hardware I would need to mount the OE regulator. The parts needed are 3 Extruded U-nuts in the 5/16"-18 size, they need a small amount of metal trimmed off the sides but after that they slide right in. Now I just need to get an appointment to get the glass installed and have the salvage yard ship me the jumper harness.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    If you ever sell your truck you are going to have a lot of people REALLY confused on what is a original part and what is a OEM part installed on a 02 truck to where it still looks OEM
    1) rear seat heater
    2) power passanger
    3) power rear slider
    4)?????

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    there's how-to's on doing the glass install yourself for the rear window. Doesn't seem too hard, just a PITA from removing all the trim pieces and cleaning up the butyl seal. But may save ya some money!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    there's how-to's on doing the glass install yourself for the rear window. Doesn't seem too hard, just a PITA from removing all the trim pieces and cleaning up the butyl seal. But may save ya some money!
    I've seen the how-to's on the glass install but I figured for $65 it would be cheap insurance against it ever leaking and making sure it was done right. Unfortunately due to a hail storm nearby the auto glass stores are booked up for a week solid, so I will have to wait till next wednesday at 9am.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    $65 ain't bad lol I'd do the same!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    $65 ain't bad lol I'd do the same!
    The only reason the quote was $65 is because I told them I would bring it to them with the entire rear interior removed. My truck looks somewhat stolen now.....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol pull up sitting on a milk crate

I'll probably look into doing the same though. Yank the full interior then get a price for the swap that route. i need my rear trim smoothed & painted first though. Not yanking that window and putting it back together with that crappy rough plastic chit!

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They should be able to give you a price over the phone, most glass shops know what it takes to replace the rear window in an f-150. The guy I talked to sounded somewhat excitied when I told him that he would only have to do the window.

the12fast4u
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    keep us posted on parts and pics! i was jealous when i rode in a friends 2010 dodge ram and he opened the back glass with a button! he said "haha i bet the harley truck cant do that" i may be interested in this upgrade aswell

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the12fast4u View Post
    keep us posted on parts and pics! i was jealous when i rode in a friends 2010 dodge ram and he opened the back glass with a button! he said "haha i bet the harley truck cant do that" i may be interested in this upgrade aswell
    I'll keep you updated, I'll take some pics once things get rolling.

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    take notes while doing it also

T

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Any chance you were able to take any picture or a quick how to?