Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 305-40-22 on OEM Harley rim?

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

305-40-22 on OEM Harley rim?

Hi Everyone, I'm a new member from Canada who is in the process of buying a 2010 F-150 Harley Davidson edition.

I was wondering if anyone has put 305-40-22 tires on a 22" OEM Harley rim and how the fit was. If anyone has pics could you post them up. I am looking at putting that size Cooper Zeon LTZ on the truck so it can handle the Canadian winters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think for your winters, these will work; the pics look like the rim may be wider than the 22 X 9's on the Harley trucks, so the sidewall should be a bit taller.
    Best bet would to get some winter wheels and tires and keep your stock wheels with the tires it comes with ( Pirellis?) for the rest of the season.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a 2007 sc f150, i'm looking to buy new tires today and need some help with the sizing. With the factory 22's, i'd like to have nt 420's 305/40/22 from nitto, will this create any problems or should they fit flush? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have that size on my 2007 F-150 and they fit fine, no problems

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chipthulin View Post
    I have that size on my 2007 F-150 and they fit fine, no problems
    Can you post pics?

MRLSU2U
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes bro i literally put them on my truck 2 days ago!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll take an upclose of them for you tomorrow and post them up. Those are 305/40/22 Nitto NT420S's

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRLSU2U View Post
    Yes bro i literally put them on my truck 2 days ago!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'll take an upclose of them for you tomorrow and post them up. Those are 305/40/22 Nitto NT420S's
    Thanks man...I appreciate it. You've got no rubbing issues? Do they stick out beyond your fender flares now?
    Last edited by nielboy; 06-18-2010 at 02:30 PM.

MRLSU2U
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here you go man (close ups)

I have no rubbing problems at all and they ride like a charm. I will throw a suggestion to you though. If you can find a place that does it. Have them nitrogen filled. I had these filled with nitro and in my opinion it's a better ride. Ran me $950 on the dot for the tires mount and balance and a Nitrogen fill.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by MRLSU2U; 06-19-2010 at 02:08 PM.

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, thanks for the pics. That was quick.

MRLSU2U
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No Problem!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nitrous?

Surely you mean nitrogen, the reason for using nitrogen is that it does not expand with heat, thereby maintaining a constant pressure, also noitrogen molecules are larger than regular air meaning that it will take longer for the tyre to deflate (yes they do that all the time as the molecules seep through the tyre very slowly) also pure nitrogen does not contain water molecules which can corrode the valve or freeze in extreme temps causing imbalance.
    Realistically the amount of ice which would form in a vehicle tyre would be so small as to have no more effect than a small stone stuck in the tread. Corrosion of the valve would take longer than wearing out the tyres & leakage is so slow that it is negligable, also once you have filled with nitrogen you must always top up with it in order to maintain the advantage. Did they remove all the air from the tyre first? If not you just have tyres filled with air containing a larger % nitrogen.
    Now why would you fill a tyre with nitrous, a gas used to enhance the performance of an engine, a gas which from experience changes pressure considerably with the application of heat?
    You can't have too much power, just a lack of traction!
    2007 AWD Roush HD

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadrob View Post
    Surely you mean nitrogen, the reason for using nitrogen is that it does not expand with heat, thereby maintaining a constant pressure, also noitrogen molecules are larger than regular air meaning that it will take longer for the tyre to deflate (yes they do that all the time as the molecules seep through the tyre very slowly) also pure nitrogen does not contain water molecules which can corrode the valve or freeze in extreme temps causing imbalance.
    Realistically the amount of ice which would form in a vehicle tyre would be so small as to have no more effect than a small stone stuck in the tread. Corrosion of the valve would take longer than wearing out the tyres & leakage is so slow that it is negligable, also once you have filled with nitrogen you must always top up with it in order to maintain the advantage. Did they remove all the air from the tyre first? If not you just have tyres filled with air containing a larger % nitrogen.
    Now why would you fill a tyre with nitrous, a gas used to enhance the performance of an engine, a gas which from experience changes pressure considerably with the application of heat?
    That was probably just a brain fart.

2010 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey MRLSU2U, do you have any more side pics of the truck. Also, when you were shopping for tires, did you ever consider the 305-45-22 size for a bit more sidewall. Alot of people I've spoken to have said that with a 4x4 at stock height the 305-45-22 will fill the wheel wells a bit better. I am just worried that the 305-45-22 will cause rubbing and also that the Cooper Zeon LTZ only comes in 305-40-22.

MRLSU2U
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadrob View Post
    Haha yea i meant nitrogen! My fault i'm not always thinking top notch!

MRLSU2U
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nielboy View Post
    Hey MRLSU2U, do you have any more side pics of the truck. Also, when you were shopping for tires, did you ever consider the 305-45-22 size for a bit more sidewall. Alot of people I've spoken to have said that with a 4x4 at stock height the 305-45-22 will fill the wheel wells a bit better. I am just worried that the 305-45-22 will cause rubbing and also that the Cooper Zeon LTZ only comes in 305-40-22.
    I don't currently have anymore. But when it stops raining i'll go outside and shoot a few for you. And as far as the 305-45-22 if your truck is 4x4/Awd then you may want to go that route. Mine is S/C 2wd so i went with the 40. If memory servers me right the 4wd/Awd sits higher than the 2wd so you have more room to work with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast