Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Harley Truck Haven! Garage Renovation Progress Thread!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonolds72 View Post
    heres the steps i followed.
    it took 2-3 hours to sand the floor with the deck sander. started with 6 or 8 grit paper (12X12 inch square paper) then went to 12.
    i kept sanding untill all the exsiting crap (if any was gone)
    then i scrupped it with lots of purple power degraser.
    let it dry for a few hours then wash it down with a solvent and let it dry for a day or so.
    then apply first coat or paint (as long as its not humid out or the concrete will sweat) let paint dry for 24 hours and do a seccond coat and add the sprinkles while the paint wet.
    the product was made by rust oleum. garage floor expoxy. it comes with sprinkles
    i bought 2 kits for a 14X22 foot area
    it is still holding up mint, no peeling, i back it with hot tires and it doesnt come up.(even hot mickey thomson et street slicks on my cutlass)

Home Hardware
    12x12 square sander? I'm assuming it just vibrates? The type I'll be using on the harwood floor has four round sander discs, like 6" each, and is a DA type action. I assume it'll work fine for the garage floor prep as well. Be nice to knock all the sanding out in 1 day.

Home Depot had a kit from Behr that looked pretty decent. Where did you get your rustoleum kit from?

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea any heavy duty floor or deck sander will work great.
    my last post i put the links to home hardware thats where i got it.
    iam not sure if anyother stores sell them, maby lowes?
    if you want i can find the box and get you the item number
    the rust oleum is the best, i spin the tires all the time pulling in the garage and the epoxy does not come up.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I'll checkout Lowes this week

I really wish I could get a dark color, with sonic blue specks to put in it lol

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you should be able too
    i did mine it dark grey with mlue/ white and black flakes, looks mint i will take pics for you tonight

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do you have homehardware's in the states?'
    if so they sell it

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    nope never heard of them. I've seen flake packages with light blue/white/black speckles, I really want only sonic blue speckles though. Wonder if I can special order some online

Post up pics when you get a chance!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    recommendations on a brand?
    U.S. Industrial Coatings

U.S. Industrial Coatings, Inc. / Floor Epoxy - Garage Floor Paint

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Spent a grand on new front and back doors, and front and back storm doors for the house yesterday lol Up to $3500 out of the $8000 tax credit spent so far. Plan on buying the sheetrock for the garage next week since its on sale. Hopefully get the electric work for at least swapping in a bigger panel next week done as well, and hopefully get the tub and toilet picked up from Rich's buddy.

Can't wait to get the sheetrock though, it'll be the biggest cargo load in Jekyll so far! Four doors just barely fit under the tonneau yesterday lol, but that sheetrocks gonna be a LOT heavier!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Spent a grand on new front and back doors, and front and back storm doors for the house yesterday lol Up to $3500 out of the $8000 tax credit spent so far. Plan on buying the sheetrock for the garage next week since its on sale. Hopefully get the electric work for at least swapping in a bigger panel next week done as well, and hopefully get the tub and toilet picked up from Rich's buddy.

Can't wait to get the sheetrock though, it'll be the biggest cargo load in Jekyll so far! Four doors just barely fit under the tonneau yesterday lol, but that sheetrocks gonna be a LOT heavier!
    Watch out for the Chinese sheetrock dude!
    Chinese-made drywall ruining homes, owners say - CNN.com

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol yep I heard about that stuff.

Got the bathtub ripped out last night with the help of Carmelo. Going to pickup the new tub, toilet, and fixtures today after work (I REALLY need to get my bed extender installed!). Then later this weekend I'll durock the floor, so Monday evening we can set the tub, then I can get the tile going.

Once this bathroom is moving along, then I can finally get back to the garage!!!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    If you're tall, check out the "comfort height" toilets. Your knees and back will thank you for it.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    If you're tall, check out the "comfort height" toilets. Your knees and back will thank you for it.
    he already has one in the other bathroom

FHTOC member too
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm digging Adam's man-cave!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    he already has one in the other bathroom
    the other bathroom isn't comfort height, its comfort angle...that suckers laid back like a recliner LOL!

Picked up the tub, toilet, and fixtures yesterday afternoon with the help of Carmelo Tomorrow I'll fix the floor up, and hopefully tomorrow night we'll get the tub set so I can get moving on the walls and get the floor tiled. It'll start finally coming together soon!

As long as the electrician can come this week to swap in a new panel in the garage, I should be able to have the garage sheetrocked and ready for parking Hyde in by the end of the month Just in time to store it away with an expired inspection till I sort that debacle out lol

Now to look into epoxy floor coatings more...I see Quikrete has ones that can be tinted colors, and they offer a clear coating epoxy for that real showroom floor finish

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    PROGRESS!!!!

Well not much on the garage lol, but a little!

Got the subfloor down (1/2" hardibacker), Carmelo did all the plumbing behind the walls and helped me set the tub, then last night I got the walls insulated and got the hardibacker up on the walls around the tub. I'm done working till Sunday since the rental is tomorrow and bash is saturday, but Sunday I'll get the greenrock up, and hopefully Monday I can start tiling!

As for the garage...I finally decided on the floor coating. Did a lot of research, seems the Quikrete floorcoating has a little better reviews than the Behr, so I'll be going with a midnight blue quickrete 2 part epoxy coating with a top coat of clear 2 part epoxy. Should turn out REAL nice!

Now as long as I can get the electricians to come next week to swap the panel in the garage, then I can start insulating and sheetrocking that inbetween tiling the bathroom.

Looking like I won't be able to park the truck in the garage till September though I probably won't be ready to do the floor till the end of this month at soonest, and I really would like to give it a month of cure time to really set up before parking on it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast