Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have you tried Blackfire Wet Diamond?

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've used a few Blackfire products and am very impressed with them. Most frequently I use their aluminum polish for my wheels and I have yet to find anything that works better other than a guy with 20 years of experience at a truck stop using a high speed polisher.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How do you guys apply the polish? Do you use a buffer or by hand? My truck has lived its life outside so the paint isnt perfect. I have used the basic carnuba waxes like mothers etc. but the stuff lasts only a few weeks and only looks ok. What would you reccomend for a fair paint job to make it look its best? And where do you guys buy this stuff? Thanks.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a RO buffer to put my stuff on, but its not too bad if you apply it by hand. Blackfire makes a lot of different compounds/waxes/polishes and I'm not an expert on which ones you should use and in what order, but these guys can help you out.

ProperAutoCare -- Car Care Products, Best Car Waxes, Car Polishes, Auto Detailing Products, Car Buffers & Car Accessories

They're a web based company in Tampa and have a bunch of detailing guru's working for them. Its also where I buy almost all of my detailing products.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
    How do you guys apply the polish? Do you use a buffer or by hand? My truck has lived its life outside so the paint isnt perfect. I have used the basic carnuba waxes like mothers etc. but the stuff lasts only a few weeks and only looks ok. What would you reccomend for a fair paint job to make it look its best? And where do you guys buy this stuff? Thanks.
    Polish is applied by machine.
    I have tried MANY different products and I now have a product and pad combo that works great.
    Polishing your paint should not be done any more than once or twice a year.

Carnauba waxes look great but do not lasts.
    I have tried a few some are glossy and some like Pinnacle Souveran have a warm deep look.
    Souveran looks warm, deep and real nice but only lasts 2-3 weeks at the most.

Synthetic Sealants are plastic shiny and last a long time.
    Until BFWD I used Zaino Z-2 and added Souveran on top for longevity and warmth.
    BFWD is a synthetic so it should last and has a deep, warm, wet "carnauba-look" finish.

For fair paint I would recommend a little time and TLC.
    I have taken a lot WORSE than fair and turned it into a show car finish.

Where do you buy the stuff?
    Different stuff different places
    I like Blackfire Car Care Products proper auto care
    I also like The Driver's Seat Open 7 days

Yes, a lot has changed since doing your dad's Oldsmobile paint with a tin jar of Simoniz.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Porter Cable DA buffer!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Porter Cable DA buffer!!!!!
    I have the worlds worst buffer,, the ****ty ryobi 8" one that you have to tie the pads on to and they string flings out every 30 seconds. Serves me right for buying a $29 buffer at home depot. I hate it. Where is the cheapest place to get the PC DA?

I have the worlds worst buffer,, the ****ty ryobi 8" one that you have to tie the pads on to and they string flings out every 30 seconds. Serves me right for buying a $29 buffer at home depot. I hate it.
    Look at the bright side. You could always put a stick handle on it and wax floors.

Where is the cheapest place to get the PC DA?
    I have both the PC7424xp and the new Griot's Garage DA buffer.
    At this time, I personally would suggest the new Griot's machine.
    It's a stronger machine & nice middle ground between the PC & Flex.

Griot's Garage 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher, Dual action buffer
    More Powerful 7-Amp, 850-Watt Motor, Longer 10 Foot Power Cord
    2,500 - 6,800 Orbits Per Minute, More Torque, Better Performance
    Variable Speed, Wider RPM Range, Ergonomic Adjustable Handle
    Wider 5/16" orbit pattern for faster and better results
    6" Backing plate included
    Lifetime guarantee.

I have both. You are close to me so before you purchase one...
    Stop by and give them both a try and see which you like best.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    heck buy the one merlin likes least off him! The PC DA buffer is still a great piece! I got mine from AutoDetailingSolutions.com in a kit with some pads and carrying bag.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am going to try to hook up with Merlin today after work. Its nice to have people on the board who are willing to take their time to help out others. I am a wrench turner but never much of a detailer but I would love to learn how to do this. He has offered to help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    The PC DA buffer is still a great piece!

Yes it is. I like them both. I wouldn't trade my PC for anything!

For "tough" jobs where a lot of paint correction is needed I like the Griots
    Using the Griots I can use a lot of pressure with the KBM and it still spins.
    This type of swirl removal correction should really only need to be done once.

For "regular" work medium to light polishing I prefer the way the PC handles.
    The PC is much better for finessing (Jeweling) to bring out that deep luster.
    This final (Jeweling) step will increase the paint gloss finish from 95% to 99%

First, thank you for stopping by and allowing me the opportunity to convey a little hands on PC7424xp DA buffer training.

I have used the basic carnuba waxes like mothers etc. but the stuff lasts only a few weeks and only looks ok.
    Some waxes have a luxurious look and that's OK if you enjoy waxing. Natural waxes have a short 2-3 week life span on your tin
    Synthetic sealants usually are very shiny and that's OK too. I like shiny things. Synthetics bond and last better. Usually 4-6 months.
    Some folks say that due to its short lasting properties natural wax is old technology. I believe it still has a place on my detailing shelf.

What would you reccomend for a fair paint job to make it look its best? Thanks.
    Preparation is the key! It's all about cleaning and polishing the paint. Wax or sealant is the last thing you do to seal and protect the paint.
    If your Last Step Products is 99.9% optically clear your prepped paint finish will show through. LSP on swirl marks makes shiny swirl marks!

What would I recommended?
    Here is the real short version.

Wash (2 bucket)
    Clay (Z-18)
    Wash again
    KBM polish
    Menz PO85
    Seal w/Z-2 or BFWD.

Maintain...

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I first applied BFWD and the rain has poured down for the last few days.
    What I have noticed so far is BFWD does not have that very small tiny water beading like the Zaino Z-2.
    I believe I remember reading that Sal Zaino added the water beading properties to Z-2 as an afterthought.
    This was due to the old school thinking that water beading equals protection. I'm not sure if it means anything.

I like the look of the tiny Z-2 water beads although it probably has nothing to do with protection and finish.
    I know there is a difference between beading and sheating. Sheating is probably the preferred finish.
    With Sheating there should be no water spots. I hate water spots on paint almost as much a bird poop.
    Final Comment: I like the gloss and warmth of BFWD but I do miss the look of the Z-2 tiny micro water beads.

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heres pics of mine fianlly got my digital camera working
    this was after 1500 wetsand /compund and polishing, as well as 2 coats of liguid glass and some z-2
    Attached Images Attached Images

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Cool

Damn...looking good guys. Just got a Zaino kit. Anybody need a place to stay while on vacation in exchange for a nice detail and a few tips on how to use the PC!

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i could use a vacation , whats the weather like?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast