Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Have you tried Blackfire Wet Diamond?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Weather is great! 88 degrees, cool tropical breezes and occasional 10 minute tropical showers....typical island style. Just have to watch out for hurricanes this time of year!

FORDfegnugen
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another big thumbs up for the Blackfire products. I've used a lot of different products in the past, and most recently my recipe included Meguiar's #80, #82 and #83 for polishing, Meguiar's NXT for paint protection, and Meguiar's #26 carnuba for general waxing.

I bought all three (3) Blackfire products: Gloss Enhancing Polish; Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection; and Deep Gloss Spray. So far, I've done my wife's car and my Mustang (Satin Silver Metallic) with excellent results. Using a Porter Cable DA polisher, the products went on easy and came off very easily (much better than the Meguiar's stuff). The surface slickness, depth and reflectivity is awesome. One of these days I'll get around to applying Blackfire to the truck, but man these pigs are big when it comes to detailing.

|| J-Jent Lower, Blackwood Trim, SilverStars, Belltech Shackles ||
    || Tuned By SCT, 6 LB, JLP Forced Air, C&L TrueFlow ||

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    Where do you buy the stuff?
    Different stuff different places
    I like Blackfire Car Care Products proper auto care
    I also like The Driver's Seat Open 7 days

Yes, a lot has changed since doing your dad's Oldsmobile paint with a tin jar of Simoniz.
    Well as most of you know from the CMA closing post that CMA was the exclusive source for the Blackfire product line.

Well I just learned that Autogeek.net purchased Blackfire USA and the Blackfire products are still going to be available.

Blackfire products can be purchased directly from The Driver's Seat or from autogeek.net. I'm glad 'cause BFWD is a fav!

FORDfegnugen
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Merlin,

What do you use to clean the DA pads after use? I've always used the Snappy pad cleaner, but it doesn't seem to have much of any effect upon the Blackfire WDPP. The pad is stained light blue and stays "greasy" after washing with soap and water.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003 HD #808 View Post
    Merlin,

What do you use to clean the DA pads after use? I've always used the Snappy pad cleaner, but it doesn't seem to have much of any effect upon the Blackfire WDPP. The pad is stained light blue and stays "greasy" after washing with soap and water.
    A while back I purchased a Universal Pad Washer and It works wonders for cleaning pads after a detail. Fast, clean and easy. The pads are clean and I lay then face down on a Sham-Wow.

As far as cleaning BFWD out of a pad, sadly I have never had any success. I have used PRS (Pad Rejuvenating Solution), XMT and even Simple Green full strength. All with no success.

Finally I just take the pad I use BFWD (LC black or blue work good) and put it in a Ziplock freezer bag and only use it for BFWD. That way I also don't have to worry about cross contamination.

I wish I had a better answer for you but that what works for me.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    Actually, I tried it last night in the dark after sunset in the drive way. As I was finishing removing it from the last section of the truck, the skies opened up and in came the rain. This morning the truck was still covered in water so I grabbed my micro fiber cloths and went to drying it off today. It's really good looking still.

I let my friend borrow it to try on his Red 2011 Mustang.

Overall I say it's a great product.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    Worked great on my buddie's 2011 v6 mustang

Nice Stang. Sweet pics!
    I love the "slickness" of BFWD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3