Thread: Need a Hand with some mods Fella's

Name: WILL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need a Hand with some mods Fella's

I'm not so mechanically inclined, but I'm willing to learn.

Anyone willing to help me install a few mods: FTVB, 6# lower, clean intercooler, swap spark plugs, and put in an Air Intake? Its a stock 03 HD.

I live in Central CA, but am willing to travel. Oh, and I'm not looking to do everything at once, but I'd be grateful for any help the bro's could give!

Thanks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey man well when are willing to do t i can do the plugs and the intake i did them on my truck as for the other stuff am sure we can figure out i live in paso robles but am stationed in ft irwin i always go by bakersfield am actually going next week to pick up some parts i bought from some1 for my 5.0

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh yeah and the i know how to clean the intercooler we can try havin a mod day or something next month or so

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh yeah and the i know how to clean the intercooler we can try havin a mod day or something next month or so

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm impressed!! This forum is AMAZING. I was frustrated, feeling like I could never get this project done! I just kind of asked for help on a whim and some one's already taken time to respond.

Megallon, I'm gonna pm you. Lets see what we can work out, bro.

Thanks again

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no problem brotha everything i know wich isnt very much ,i learned here

Harley Cruzer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When are you guys getting together?

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    THat is what this forum is for...I am sure more and more CA guys will chime in and you all should make it a big GTG day of intercooler cleaning and modding...we all always have something that needs done. If I was not on the other side of the country, I would be there

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you guys need help let me know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GTG In Bakersfield, 7/31

Please PM me,

Anyone interested is WELCOME!! Come on by. I have a pretty small garage, but we'll just pull in 1 truck at a time. I'll have some food, cold drinks and we can wrench till we run out of time.

The date is Sat 7/31 in Bakersfield, CA. Now beware, the temps can get hot, and my garage doesn't have AC but I'll set up a few fans. Once again, if you're interested, please PM or email me for directions.

Also...., PLEASE BRING TOOLS!

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't have any mods to do, but willing to help with the mods.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bakersfield GTG 7/31

Had A Great Time!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mod Day Happened @ my place. It was a scorching hot Bakersfield, afternoon. The goal was to start the first few mods to a stock 2003 2tone Harley with 65k miles. Our plans were to install a FTVB, JLP Ram Intake, clean the intercooler, change the plugs and put in a L&S oil seperator.

Megallon and Grey HD were the primary players, I was pretty much along to learn from them. Megallon had the supercharger off in record time! We hit a snag getting the intercooler off, it didn't seem to want to seperate! It took banging on the seal with a hammer and flat head to loosen it up. Then we finally used a breaker bar to pry it apart!! Check the photo's and you'll see the dirt we encountered after 65k miles. 6 cans of brake cleaner had it blinging once again.

Meanwhile, we started on the plugs which took up then entire afternoon.
    Reaching the passenger side rear, driver side rear, and the plug just in front of the driver rear took the longest. Honestly, with this being my first time changing plugs on this truck........, its something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It was terrible. It was frustrating, and it just seemed like it took longer than either of us ever thought it would, and Megallon is experienced when it comes to plug changes. We even resorted to unbolting the driver side fuel rail, to get access to a stripped coil pack bolt. Megallon is the Man, he used his superior mechanical skillz to will off the stripped bolt and we finally finished the job. Quick shout out to Mike @ Madenterprise who sold me the elevated coil pack screws. They are a MUST, and are going to make any future spark plug changes a breeze!!

The FTVB went the smoothest. GreyHD hooked it up without a hitch! Everyone who says its an messy undertaking it telling the TRUTH. Tranny fluid was EVERYWHERE. We installed a FTVB 2c, street version. I took it for a spin after the install, not pushing too hard since I'd just changed the plugs, and I was less than thrilled. I'm gonna give it some time, but based on my first impressions, and the shift I felt when rolling with GreyHD....., I might suggest going w/a Punisher if you really want some Pop in your shift. Also, I think its worth it to change from a stock pan to a DEEP pan that has uses a turn screw to pre-drain the fluid before removal.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to the JLP intake, or oil seperator. I'm just going to dial those in myself. But I learned a lot, yesterday. I want to give a shout to Grey HD and Megallon for taking the time to help a brotha out. Ya'll are 2 cool dudes. Also thanks to the forum administrators for keeping this site running so guys like me can meet and learn from all you Great Harley Enthusiasts out there.

I've posted a few pics. The dog is a stray from the neighborhood. I've never seen it before, but it wandered into the garage and just hung out the ENTIRE afternoon. Who knew dogs loved our trucks too!!

Peace and Gods Blessings to you all.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    CHYLL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Glad you got some things done and had a good time...just keep asking questions and keep learning...you will be able to turn a wrench on almost anything with these trucks in no time.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Nice job!

Just make sure you get your truck tuned for your mods when you are done.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!