Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Logo Ideas

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys. . . now we're talking. The logos are really looking GREAT! I am leaning towards Dave's design with the southern California theme and our name on the side. Maybe the "HTSC" would be easier to read if it was a little less BOLD. Either way, it looks real tight. I like the 4 door screw also on the logo. I would like to place my order for decals, ID cards, Ford logo on grill, and t-shirt. 3XLT

Last edited by 2 tone; 09-27-2003 at 10:59 PM.
    2003 F-150 Harley Davidson "100 yr. anniversary"
    2007 BMW 530i
    2014 RAM 1500

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A design inspired from the feedback

Hi All,

After some interesting review and feedback, I kinda chuckled, and though of a more aggressive rice inspired design to fit the feedback. After having some fun with the idea, this is the design that resolved out.

Feedback and ideas are always welcome. Good or bad, it improves the design process.

Have a great day,
    Dave

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Looks like you were having some fun! I'm leaning toward your other design though with the waves crashing with the club name on the side.

It's not looking very promising for my coworker to come up with a design. He's been really flaky about it and I asked him like two months ago. I asked if he could try and give me something, be it sketches or finished art by this Friday.

We'll see...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love the wave, can you guess why? I am trying to get a chapter started here. My old handle was Canuk Kahuna. Worked alot in San Diego and Southern Florida and I frequent Cuba on occasion.
    I would especially appreciate somehow obtaining your logo if you decide to go with the wave idea. Can you picture a 20 ft. dolphin carved into a maple next to my in-ground pool w/fountains and lights, in my backyard in Canada !!!! That's me.

If I get a chapter started here I will have to create a logo. I have a famous artist friend who would be glad to help. He has done Kahuna creations in the past.

Tellin' It Like It Is!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Terry @ SVTCustoms Aka Vaporlock did all of my clubs decal's and cheaper then any place we could get them printed up. I would seriously consider it.
    Southern California Lightning Owners Club President
    WWW.MODULARFORDS.COM Your #1 Source For HardCore Modular Tech Information!

2002 Black Lightning #XXXX of 4726
    NLOC # 921

JLP Ram Air
    Autologic Tuned By Swanson
    Zex 75hp Dry Shot ( Not Installed )
    PCM Reflash
    Magnaflow Catback V3.0
    Magnaflow Hi Flow Converter Pipe
    LFP Traction Bars
    LFP Accumalator VB
    LFP Interchangeable Pulley
    Proglass Cowl

2002 SVT Focus ~ One Ricer At A Time

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I was just wondering where you guys are with this, if you wanted to work more on this or if we should make a decision?

It looks like a few of us are going to the LAPD show on the 2nd of November, so we can definatly talk about the logos, club ideas and what not.

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi All,

I have posted the 3 concepts I am going to submit, and will include all of them for review in this post. If any of the concepts I submitted are chosen, I am willing to do a follow up round of edits to clean up and finalize the design. I will also provide the final design in a variety of file formats to cover the specific uses of this group ( .EPS, .AI, .CDR .Gif .JPG .PNG etc )

Have a great day,
    Dave

Five-0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I won't be going to the LAPD show Nov. 2, I'll be air-boating and chasing alligators in Florida then. You guys have spent a lot of time and effort on the logos. They all look SUPER. As of now, my vote goes to Dave03HD "Color 2 in logo type" design.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You guys in So Cal are fortunate to have a couple of very creative artistic types in your club. Those ideas look great and I think they both have valid points. Dermaestro is right in wanting to get input and feedback from "everybody".......it's how you bring the fringe in to feel more a "part of" the club and get them committed to it.

I'll keep my preference to myself however, I will give a couple things to think about going forward. My personal opnion....put the "O" back in the initials. It's part of your club name and it's how your forum is identified on this web site (for those that you pass a business card to and are new here).HTOSC is the name of this forum and close association is important in the begining.

Another thing to ponder.....the more colors the more cost per shirt and it can go up fast.

It's great to see you guys doing so well and I suspect that by this time next year you will have the largest club. It already seems like you have more participation (which is more important). I wish you guys luck and I salute those of you putting all the energy into making it what it can be!
    NHTOC #4

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by JCZ
    I'll keep my preference to myself however, I will give a couple things to think about going forward. My personal opnion....put the "O" back in the initials. It's part of your club name and it's how your forum is identified on this web site (for those that you pass a business card to and are new here).HTOSC is the name of this forum and close association is important in the begining.

Another thing to ponder.....the more colors the more cost per shirt and it can go up fast.

It's great to see you guys doing so well and I suspect that by this time next year you will have the largest club. It already seems like you have more participation (which is more important). I wish you guys luck and I salute those of you putting all the energy into making it what it can be!
    You make some very valid points. Our club participation has slowed down some, but it is the efforts of those here that have really shined. The issue you bring up with the O is a good point and we should certainly discuss it further.

As for the cost of the shirts, I may have a silk-screen alternative lined up that will save tons of money. This all depends on the amount of members we get lined up and on my contact.

Thank you for the well-wishes, they are appreciated.

Five-0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The anagram on the website should be changed, not the logo. Five letters definitely way toooooo many. Keep the "O" out. I think it looks stupid in there, like you're trying to spell something. HTSC is way tooooo cool. ;p

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Did you guys want to work on these any more? If not, I would like to suggest we finalize the designs by December 14th.

In the evening of December 15th, I will host a poll in this forum to vote on the logos.

Not sure if we can lock a poll to members of the HTOSC or not, but it might be nice to have others vote as well.

So, if you want to make changes, have suggestions for current or new ideas, then you will need to do them quick!

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Darrell

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am done for now. If one of my designs is chosen, and the group wants tweaks and or changes, I will be happy to accomidate.

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What dave said... ditto.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Excellent. I'll still leave this open until the 14th, though, just in case we get an new members that want to pitch in or we have a sudden revelation of the "ultimate" design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2