Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Logo Ideas

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Logo Ideas

Since we've had a bit of a stall on our logo design, I wanted to ask people to post their ideas, concepts, concerns and whatever else you have been thinking of.

I like what Darkroller has done. 2Tone has offered some ideas.

I should have something this week.

Post up!

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll work on some new concepts as well, I wish we could all meet somewhere and sketch some stuff out with everyones input though... still excited to see what comes out.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    We can certainly post concepts on here as well provided people have access to a scanner.

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi All,

I am working on a few logo Ideas for this group. Here is the first one. It is still a little rough, but I would sooner show it and get feedback then to waste time tweaking it.

Other Logos coming shortly,
    Dave

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally posted by Dave03HD
    Hi All,

I am working on a few logo Ideas for this group. Here is the first one. It is still a little rough, but I would sooner show it and get feedback then to waste time tweaking it.

Other Logos coming shortly,
    Dave
    I like the idea. I'm not too crazy about the font or the blue color of the oval.

I also have a concern with the drop shadows when it comes time for banners, hats and shirts.

I like the flames!

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

some new ones

Ok, I liked the concept of the Dave03's flame logo, but I had to take it to another level... and I've removed the HD logo from my original concept. let me know... btw, when is our next meet?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 HD #04525 // NHTOC #137
    Kenne Bell, 3.0" upper pulley, 2# lower pulley, KB boost a spark, Fluidyne heat exchanger, AF1, Accufab S/B T/B, FTVB & 4x4 pan, Factory Tech Transmission Cooler, LFP efan, Denso IT20's, belltech 2" drop shackles, Auto Logic chip, dyno tuned by Swanson Performance.

NUMBERS:
    040529: 440.83 HP - 529.43 TQ @ 17lbs.
    040309: 412.55 HP - 461.92 TQ @ 10lbs.

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Logo Design Option 2

Hi All,

Here is another design.

Before we move forward lets try to set a few ground rules that are basic to the design / critique process.

1. We need to define the parameters of the design. Basically, what are we going to use this design for? Is it color? Is it black and white? Does it contain half-tones etc? Is it a combination of these things, and can the design be suited to all of our goals? Clarifying this helps everyone working on these designs work toward the same set of goals, and will provide expectations as to what should be presented in design review.

2. Is this going to be a Logo or a Logo-Type? A logo is a stand alone graphic that will not spell out the whole name of the group, while a logo-type would incorporate the logo image and the group’s full name. Starting with a logo and moving to the logo-type is generally the best option from a design perspective, but is not the only way of working.

3. All designs should be considered work in progress till the group ratifies a design. Refrain from redesigning someone else’s work, with minor tweaks. Instead provide constructive input so the design originator can move toward completion of a successful design. An example would be. “Hey I like the flames on logo 1, but the flames could look more aggressive / tribal / fat etc.” Try to find working examples that don’t require dumping design directions.

4. Keep your critiques polite and direct, and avoid derogatory comments. If a design is bad, just say you favor another design, or don’t comment at all. The point will get across without stepping on anyone else.

5. Lets set a timeline to completion. For example: Round one ends 10 October ( all initial concepts should be submitted by then ) 2 or 3 designs are chosen by the group ( vote works well here ) and critique is gathered for edits and returned to the designers by 20 October. Round two ends 30 October and all versions of the winning designs are resubmitted with the tweaks rolled in from critique. 7 November vote on final design or 1 additional round of critique if necessary.

Thanks, I await your feedback.
    Dave

---------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind, this is a sketch, I will clean it up after critique if others like the design.

Last edited by Dave03HD; 09-25-2003 at 04:50 PM.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    First off, let me say that I appreciate what you and Darkroller have offered for the club. I know this is not an easy task and that you are doing this in your own free time of your own volition.

I hope that I didn't offend you with my responses. It certainly wasn't my intention and I humbly apologize.

Now let me answer your questions!

1. The design will be used ideally for T-Shirts, hats and a banner. Ideally, I would like a color design, but we may require a B&W version as well depended on need of use.

We have discussed the use of a logo for silkscreening T-shirts but with that we will have to order a minimum amount of shirts. However, my mother-in-law owns an embroidery business and can do almost any logo we can imagine. Depending on the complexity of the design and the weight of the thread it would use, it may not be possible to do T-shirts with her because the T-shirt fabric may not hold up. Sweatshirts would be fine, hats, briefcases, you name it, but T-shirts may pose a problem.

2. I'm totally open to this, though I think I prefer that we have the acronym and the description. I look at it this way: If I'm wearing my NHTOC shirt and it had no Logo-Type, then people will probably not come up to me asking what it is. But if I'm wearing the same shirt with the Logo-Type (as it is now) people will feel more inclined to approach and ask because they'll see names they recognize. The logo is essentially two things, a sign for commonality among its members and an advertisement for others to see, discuss and hopefully join.

We may want to discuss preference of the other members more. I understand the design process enough to understand that planning is very important and making changes during the process can be a headache.

3. Ideally, what I would like to do is have all the designs finalized and then post them up for a poll. Though, I don't know if we can limit the poll to those not in this club. We could vote on all designs in an upcoming meet.

4. I think everyone here feels the same way.

5. I agree. Unfortunately, because we've had very little action in this section I'm not sure we can set anything in stone. I want everyone to have some input even if it is "I don't care." Concept submission is limited to the creative people within the group. Therefore, I feel people would be relying on these people for the concepts and completion of the designs.

I will contact everyone to let them know that we will have some conepts online and that they should provide feedback. That way if they do or don't at least they knew the designs were available for comments.

With all that stated, I really like your latest design!!! My one thought is about the truck since the 04 will be an F250/350, just as the 2000 was a Supercab model. I don't think this is much of a concern (it doesn't bother me) but wanted to throw it out there for you to chew on.

Great job guys! I really appreciate your hard work. You and Darkroller will be the recepient of :drink: :drink: from me when we FINALLY get together!

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Another point to make. We should also decide that if we do the acronym if we use O for of. I think we talked a bit about this before.

Your last concept may look better without the O since the O is centered. The C gets a little chopped at the end. If someone saw this for the first time and had no idea what the club was they may not realize it's a C.

Another option is to make the O smaller and bring the outer letters more into the center.

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oooh, I think it would be cool to have the logo replace the ford logo in our grills! -- I'll look into this more, I know a couple of fabricators that might be up to the task...

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    That's a great idea. Vaporlock on here is a supporting vendor and makes gel overlays for the emblems. Maybe we can have him do some for us!

Member 113
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A slightly cleaned up color version

Hi All,

Here is a slightly cleaned up color version of logo 2. This art has been done in a vector based drawing program, so it can easily be separated for silk screens, spot colors or 4 color print work. It is fully scaleable for banners letter head and other uses. The middle version shows the logo as a logo type. The black and white version could be used for embroidery.

Last edited by Dave03HD; 09-26-2003 at 05:34 AM.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Thumbs up

These look great! The color really makes these stand out!

Me gusta mucho!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nothing against the others but I still like darkrollers.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...0&pagenumber=2

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here is the thing... artistically I like dave's logo... I think it has good composition, shows the palm trees, has the waves, its very socal... he's spent some time on making it look really nice, and it shows.

but the feeling I get from owning my truck, when I'm at the track killing ricers, when I'm getting dirty installing mods, its a bit different... It's certianly not as colorful. Our trucks are very powerful, and the harley davidson brand name adds a very destinct image to the mix. I think that our logo should illustrate this by being equally powerful/impactful.

NOTE: I'm not trying to have a pi$$ing contest with dave, or anyone else who's designing, and I'm not trying to promote my designs, these are just my thoughts... I'll be happy with whatever we all decide on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast