Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New member from NOR Fla..

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonefiddy View Post
    Completely not what I was expecting. I was always afraid to try to even begin a conversion like that -- I'm not the best as far as mechanic work goes..I'd definitely have to find either a reputable shop or some friends that know their stuff. Or have it decommissioned for a week or more so that I could do it myself and take my sweet, sweet, SWEET time amassing tools that I'd need to do so.. I'm sure I'd find a writeup on it somewhere.

Actually, assuming you did a write-up on either of your trucks, I'd just use it as a point of reference.
    Its a very easy swap as far as work on the trucks goes. And special tools? Do you have a metric socket set? Then you're good to go lol Oh and a $5 fuel line disconnect tool set from advance auto.

There's lots of FL guys that could give you a hand. Once you do it though, you'll be able to sit back and see really how simple of a swap it is. I started off knowing nothing more than how to do an oil change. Now I can yank a motor blindfolded lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't I look dumb, LOL. I've got metric..standard.. God knows what -- in addition to owning my F150..I've always dabbled in small imports -- my beater is a '92 Acura Legend (DON'T CRUCIFY ME PLZ, THX).. beats the hell out of my bad gas mileage in the truck.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha you're pretty much set then! The swap is more daunting looking into it than it actually is once you start tearing into it. Talk to Mad, he can send you a set of instructions that goes over it all pretty well.

And nothing wrong with a good mileage beater!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And you've dealt in '00's obviously .. what kind of MPG were you seeing before you had really modified either of the two? I'm thinking my truck is in dire need of new plugs/boot/springs here soon.. Obscenely low mpg I'm seeing, it hurts week to week LOL.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    what mileage are you getting? You should be seeing 14-16 mpg with a mix type of driving. If its below that, definitely change the plugs, make sure your COP's are good, clean the MAF and IAC, and change the O2 sensors.

Even supercharged I get 15-16 MPG on Jekyll on mix driving with the s/c conversion, and I get 15 highway on Hyde with the built motor and KB, and around 10 when its just around town romping

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea I'm seeing like 250 a tank.. maybe 240.. sooo we're saying close to 10 mpg or around that area.

COP's..that's what? Coil packs?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonefiddy View Post
    Yea I'm seeing like 250 a tank.. maybe 240.. sooo we're saying close to 10 mpg or around that area.

COP's..that's what? Coil packs?
    Yep...Coil On Plug.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm @ 95,100ish miles right now..as far as I know everything on it is original as far as plugs and whatnot goes..probably wouldn't hurt to replace them soon. Very soon.

Really just depends on me getting my money in line, had some financial mishaps involving job changes, so times are tough for me now.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    95k miles is nothing for these trucks. defnitely due for a plug change. also O2 sensors.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome aboard.

I love the '00's...one day I'll buy a second truck and it will be one of them.

either that or a Lightning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3