Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member from NOR Fla..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New member from NOR Fla..

So, yea. I'm from Tallahassee. My name is Ben. I've had an '00 HD-F150 for about three years now, and it's undergoing some work due to the fact the paint is doing some SERIOUS fading. Looked good when I bought it..didn't know at that time that it spent part of it's life near the coast. Anywho, I'll see about getting some pictures up shortly. It's pretty well stock with the exception of a different stereo, and a Gibson exhaust system that I inherited with the truck.

Hopefully this can be a bit of a learning curve here, haven't really felt compelled to mess with the truck too much, though I've seen some '00's that I'd like to model it after.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You have come to right website. First of all, WELCOME to the greatest Harley truck forum ever made!

Aside from paint work, is there anything else you want to do with the truck? Power, suspension, sound, anything?

You say constructive criticism is welcome, but we have nothing to critisize!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    welcome to the site!

00's are the best year

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Two posts in my own thread and I find what I'd like to model my own truck after. LOL. Very clean trucks you have there. (In reference to you, Harley#356, preferably your strip truck..).

Thanks for the welcome. I intend on going with a set of 22" HD Replica's whenever I can get my funds right..stopped my HVAC career due to the poor economy and got into tree work ..it's not easy, but it's steady income. Probably drop it a little bit, eliminate some of that horrendous clearance between tire and fender.

Power is the last thing on my mind at the time. Truck is due for a tuneup, it's sitting at about 95,000 miles and I feel soon I'll be needing to replace plugs, boot/springs and a couple of other things.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These were taken a couple of months back, the bed has actually been sanded down and shot in black primer to prevent further oxidation.

Truck was by no means clean, hard to keep a black vehicle clean in this particular part of Florida during the hot months.

Aaaaaaand she was probably at the cleanest I've had her in this one --

Last edited by blackonefiddy; 06-27-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea, I took off the pinstripe.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    HOLY CRAP!!!! I don't believe....finally one of the other HD trucks in Tallahassee has come on board to this site!!!!

Now we have 2!!!!

Ben, hit me up anytime you are going out and I will pull mine out. I am always down to go to any of the shows we have here in town or the normal GTG's that the local boys have (tmca.com) at Whataburger or Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!! I don't believe....finally one of the other HD trucks in Tallahassee has come on board to this site!!!!

Now we have 2!!!!

Ben, hit me up anytime you are going out and I will pull mine out. I am always down to go to any of the shows we have here in town or the normal GTG's that the local boys have (tmca.com) at Whataburger or Sonic
    They're due time for a meet here shortly..I guess TMCA or something holds a meet the first saturday or sunday of every month at the sonic on US-27 toward Havana -- right up the road from my house. I stay just outside of Tallahassee in Havana, so I'm not too terribly far away. I've probably seen your truck around town, I normally notice the two-tone crew-cabs as they're my other favorites..

But yea, I'll holler at ya whenever I get some free time.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome to the site...

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Welcome. Good to see there are some more 00's out there!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Another FL Truck!

WELCOME!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonefiddy View Post
    Two posts in my own thread and I find what I'd like to model my own truck after. LOL. Very clean trucks you have there. (In reference to you, Harley#356, preferably your strip truck..)
    Yeah Josh has the cleanest and most awesomely modded pair of '00s on the board. ANY QUESTION you have about your truck, don't bother making a thread, just send him a PM haha.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just down the road in Cottondale (70 miles)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SCBQQSTN View Post
    Yeah Josh has the cleanest and most awesomely modded pair of '00s on the board. ANY QUESTION you have about your truck, don't bother making a thread, just send him a PM haha.
    thanks bro!

But PLEASE!!! Please please please, use the forums rather than PM's! You have no idea how many PM's I get asking the simple questions. I'm >< this close to turning off my PM feature lol. I don't mind helping guys out with questions, but most of them can be posted up and answered by more than just me, and then its out there for other guys to read up on and save time later as well.

I'm not one of those search nazi's, and I won't bite anyones head off for asking me a simple question lol, so feel free to ask away especially having a 00, but always best to use the forums 1st, especially since I read every thread posted. 2-3 PM's a day on similar questions from various guys fills up my inbox pretty quick when a weeks worth of PM's could actually just be 1 thread lol

Now mod away!!!

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonefiddy View Post
    They're due time for a meet here shortly..I guess TMCA or something holds a meet the first saturday or sunday of every month at the sonic on US-27 toward Havana -- right up the road from my house. I stay just outside of Tallahassee in Havana, so I'm not too terribly far away. I've probably seen your truck around town, I normally notice the two-tone crew-cabs as they're my other favorites..

But yea, I'll holler at ya whenever I get some free time.

Yea...TMCA meets the 1st saturday of every month at that Sonic and the tallahassee Hot Rodders (I think) meet every 3rd sat at the whataburger on Thomasville Rd.

If you have seen me around town, you would be able to tell it was me very easily. I am the only Built HD truck in town that I know of. Plus, I believe the only one who has the wiper cowl cover on the truck also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast