Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: it has begun!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    yeah i keep forgetting to send my $$$ in

update! installed my qa1 shocks in front, pulled the one piston out and its going to need replacing. figured if that one is going to have to be replaced then so will the other one. decided to tear the short block down and re-ring it. also going to install new bearings while im in there. dropping the motor off @ the shop sat. dropped my heads off for repair last monday. hope to have them back soon. started pulling the stock fuel crap out to install my new set up. still need to get my gaskets and order new fuel pumps

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    installed your QA1 shocks on the 11th, but asking me questions on how to install them last week? You actually getting work done or what there Rich!? LOL!

So whats the progress. Fuel system done yet?

Coming over tomorrow to help me sheetrock the garage? That was part of the deal for the swingset. $500 + help on the garage....I'm still waiting on the help portion and I'm almost done already!

been working so havent really done too much

update: not much going on with my truck. been busy doing some other things. managed to mock up my fuel rails, reg. and drain. also started my meizere i/c pump bracket.

i got some gaskets in for my motor, other then that not much going on. i found out today that my heads are scrap metal, after about 4-5 weeks @ the machine shop. they managed to repair the damage but every time they put the new spark plug insert in it broke the repaired part. luckily i have a set of 8 thread 04 heads that im going to have them port for me. just sets me back even further now. i have a new set time limit for the truck! it must be running and on the road by 11/27/10 cause on 11/28 it will be a year since she has been down. yep i think 364 days is long enough to be with out her!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you need to get it up sooner than that! gotta race it at least ONCE this year! And SSOTN is probably the last event of the year the weekend before that!

at this point ill be happy to just drive it.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well what are you doing still sitting at home? you should be over my house taking that swingset apart since it'll take you more than a single day to do it! Get that knocked out while you can't work on your truck!

well i worked on the truck sort of lol. just sanded, smoothed a bunch of parts. i also installed new sway bar bushings. going to drop the front end down on the ground and jack the rear up so i can get the tank out. i need to order afew more things from summit and im going to order 3 new fuel pumps.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    about time! you should be cranking away on that truck with that misc stuff while the motors getting done! get that engine bay cleaned up and painted yet?

Come over and start pulling that swingset apart! A little at a time and it'll be done before you know it!

ill be there hopefully sat.

well i just picked up my heads today! they look insane. hope my short block gets done in the next few weeks. i need to order my fuel pumps, and some other things from summit. other then that i have been smoothing, painting parts getting ready for the next mods. i hope to drop off some parts to the powdercoaters in the next few days. ill be in florida oct 10th thru the 21st so no work on the truck til i get back

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man why dont you two just call or text each other lol. Rich congrats on the progress now come take your spot back lol

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    because this threads been going for 3 months....rich works at a snail pace

working @ a snails pace cause im doing alot of things to the truck at once. before i leave im dropping my bumpers off to get painted. this week im dropping off my timing and valve covers off @ the powder coaters. also dropping off everything @ shauns so when i get home i can pick my done motor up

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast