Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: it has begun!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I can walk home now!

Hey want me to come by and pick up that fuel, or can you just bring it down with ya Friday?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    doesnt matter to me!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if you can just bring it down that'd be easiest. Trying to get the bathroom sheetrocked asap so the walls that open into the attic are finally closed off so the house isn't a friggin OVEN. Then tomorrow I gotta wash the truck after work, then drive down to Swedesboro and get Hyde ready. Not much of any spare time between now and Friday!

yeah i can bring it with me no problem

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    cool deal!

I'm excited! Expensive weekend for me between racing TWO trucks, race fuel, possibly library II for dinner, then the bash, but hey, this is my summer vacation rolled up into 2 days of fun!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I HEAR THAT!. and im not even racing.. lol .. i need a better job that pays more i think.. sheesh..

josh why dont give a brotha a call man>? i do construction man.. its free labor.. i can give ya hand with everything to man.. i know what im doing.. but its cool u dont want my help.. (ugh that annoying kid that i never return his texts or calls) yeah yeah i know you say it f u cker!! lol

if you want the help lemme know.

RICH- wheres your diner at? name? ill take the wife out to eat gives me an excuse to come down there and play with the harley after you get outta work!!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha, no I rarely answer anyone's phone calls, its not just yours! LoL! I am pretty good with texts though!

Frosty called me last week when I was in the middle of putting my new front door in. I didn't know who the number was and thought it may be someone calling about my car so I picked up while standing there holding the door up...convo went like this...

"Hello"
    "Hey who's this?"
    "its Mike"
    "Mike who?"
    "Mike from the site"
    "What site?"
    "NHTOC man"
    "Ummm ok"
    "Got a question for you"
    "I still don't know who this is"
    "MIKE, from the club"
    "I got no idea"
    "Its ##########" (I assume he said Frozen but I couldn't understand)
    "Huh?!"
    "FROSTY"
    "OOOOOH, why didn't you say so? whats up man! I'm busy I gotta go"

Anyway, I appreciate the offers for help, but really its mostly all stuff that has to be done one step at a time. The rooms that have stuff that still needs to be done are filled with my tools, supplies, and work area, so its hard to multitask any more projects than we got going on already lol. Between Laurens family and my family always offereing to help as well, its almost more work at times to find work for other people to do, than to just do what I'm doing lol.

can't do my "HD room" or den till the other rooms are done. Can't refinish the hardwood till the upstairs is done. Can't get the upstairs done till the bathroom is done. Bathroom won't be done till the tile is done. Tile won't be done till the sheetrock is done. Its dominos! lol

I will definitely need some help when it comes to sheetrocking and insulating the garage. Especially the ceiling. So I'll post up a call for all JHO's when that rolls around. Hopefully Joe Holiday can do the new electric panel next week, then hopefully that weekend my buddy and I can run the wiring for the outlets and lights, then maybe the weekend of the 23-25 we can have a GTG one of those days to sheetrock and insulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    haha, no I rarely answer anyone's phone calls, its not just yours! LoL! I am pretty good with texts though!

Frosty called me last week when I was in the middle of putting my new front door in. I didn't know who the number was and thought it may be someone calling about my car so I picked up while standing there holding the door up...convo went like this...

"Hello"
    "Hey who's this?"
    "its Mike"
    "Mike who?"
    "Mike from the site"
    "What site?"
    "NHTOC man"
    "Ummm ok"
    "Got a question for you"
    "I still don't know who this is"
    "MIKE, from the club"
    "I got no idea"
    "Its ##########" (I assume he said Frozen but I couldn't understand)
    "Huh?!"
    "FROSTY"
    "OOOOOH, why didn't you say so? whats up man! I'm busy I gotta go"

Anyway, I appreciate the offers for help, but really its mostly all stuff that has to be done one step at a time. The rooms that have stuff that still needs to be done are filled with my tools, supplies, and work area, so its hard to multitask any more projects than we got going on already lol. Between Laurens family and my family always offereing to help as well, its almost more work at times to find work for other people to do, than to just do what I'm doing lol.

can't do my "HD room" or den till the other rooms are done. Can't refinish the hardwood till the upstairs is done. Can't get the upstairs done till the bathroom is done. Bathroom won't be done till the tile is done. Tile won't be done till the sheetrock is done. Its dominos! lol

I will definitely need some help when it comes to sheetrocking and insulating the garage. Especially the ceiling. So I'll post up a call for all JHO's when that rolls around. Hopefully Joe Holiday can do the new electric panel next week, then hopefully that weekend my buddy and I can run the wiring for the outlets and lights, then maybe the weekend of the 23-25 we can have a GTG one of those days to sheetrock and insulate.
    hey this thread is about my truck and call for help! keep it in your own thread lol! j/k man you know i will be there to help ya sheet rock and insulate! i just hate doing the spackle! painting is ok but you can handle the spackle and sanding!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol the mud is my favorite part. Its like icing a cake, except its the walls

and you're thread? Heck if maybe it hadn't taken almost a year to fiddle with your truck and getting side tracked with that L, we wouldn't even have this thread at all! LoL! Whats the holdup?!

been working late nights @ the restaurant. been too damn hot to work in the garage, also had to do things to the L and over the weekend was party time lol

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    too hot? it was only a measly 104! I'd rather sweat my azz off in the heat than freeze my nuts off in the cold!

well thanks again to josh and my friend carmello! once we got all the bs outta the way the motor came out straight with no problems at all! we even got to tear it down to a short block and found out what i hurt. i was right in my assumption of the exhaust valve on the pass. side. not as bad as i thought it was though thank god. there is a melted area by the spark plug insert that needs to be repaired. and im going to replace both valves for that cyl. on the drivers side the #6 cyl was down on compression and it too had melted the spark plug area. also found a mark on the piston for that cyl. going to have to replace it, but luckily it didnt damage the cyl wall. ill get pics up later this weekend.

again josh i owe you big time!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    No problemo Rich! Thanks for the help on moving the shed....as well as recruiting strangers to help LoL!

I was shocked at how smoothly that engine came out. After all the ones I've done now, that was the easiest walk in the park! I hope its as smooth going in! After dropping the L engine in in like 40 mins, then pulling the HD engine without snagging a thing, I think we're just getting damn good at it lol

Next up, drop that sucker back in, then next spring yank carmelo's?!?!

who knows i may still have my L lol. as i said in another thread i got some new goodies for the hd. i think there will be a new hd in the 10s shortly and no it wont be another 02!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    NICE!!!!!

Now, lets get that thing back together, and get your check in for the fall rental or you won't be racing at all! 10 spots left, we're capped at 50 trucks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast