Thread: Cheap Drop question

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cheap Drop question

My buddy josh has an 02 and he has jlp 3" shackles in the rear and he is planning to cut 1 full coil and take the ISO out on the front and he wants to know if by taking 2 leaf springs off the rear will the truck sit level? Does anyone have any experience in doing this? Let me know. Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    stock springs (NOT CUT) and JLP shackles s(set on the highest drop) should make the truck sit level.. but thats gunna be one hell of a ride to deal with.. the truck has a rake on it for a reason (angle)

im doing a 2/3 drop on mine to get it wayy lower but keep the same angle of rake (almost)

something to think about..

but .. tell him to leave the front coils alone.. and make sure them shackles are set on the last setting ans see what it looks like first..

HD4595
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Which leaf do you remove if you go that route? It should not affect the ride to much if you remove a leaf but will reduce the pay load capacity. I have thought about doing this in the near future.

TIA

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    better route is to install some hotchkis or belltech leafs to drop the rear more.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here's a couple of pic's that show one of my previous drops and my current.

2/3 Drop with Belltech 2" Pro Drop Coils Front and JLP 2-3-4 Drop Shackles Rear on OEM 20's.

2/4 Drop with Belltech 2" Pro Drop Coils Front and Belltech 3-4" Rear Drop Leaf Springs on 22" Rep Wheels with 285/35's Front and 305/40's Rear.