Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kudos - Glare professional polish

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Kudos - Glare professional polish

First I'd like to say I've been using Glare Profesional polish on my bikes for many years with excellent results.

I recently purchased my truck and discovered the black hood and paint was covered in swirls marks I began learning all I could about "detailing".

I purchased buffers, pads, polishes, glazes and all kinds of sealants and waxes. I have speant a lot of time doing research and learning processes and techniques. Don't get me wrong, I am still learning but that's not the reason for this post.

My first personal experience with Glare Profesional polish.

My wife had a leather fork bag on the front of her motorcycle. Due to it hitting against the fender it created a 3-4 inch "frosted" area on her fender. My detailer said repaint or buy a new one. OUCH! $$$

I purchased Glare Pro polish $35 +shipping and followed the directions. Viola! the damaged paint area was gone. The detailer saw the fender the next week and could not find the spot. That was 6 years ago and it's still gone!

My recent experience with Glare Pro polish.

Over the weekend I discovered a pretty deep scratch in my upper left tailgate paint. I was about 3 inches long in a cresent shape. It was deep enough that when I ran my fingernail across the tailgate paint my fingernal would stop in the scratch. The scratch was not through to the paint but it was deep through the clear coat.

I spoke to the folks at my local detailing boutique they said "Take a little clear coat touch up, thin it a little with alchohol and fill the scratch, buff until it's flat and repeat until you can barly see it, or you can repaint". Again OUCH

I still had half a bottle of Glare polish on my shelf so I took a terry wash cloth, put a dime size amount of Glare on the corner and rubbed until it got slightly warm. This process took about two minutes.

I'm pretty picky and much to my amazement and joy the scratch was completely gone! I looked closely in the sunlight and even used a Brinkman and I was unable to find it. I believe that, like my wifes bike, it is gone and it will stay gone.

Glassplexin, the active ingredient in our formulation, is a negatively charged silicate ionic compound which allows GLARE to bond to paint molecularly via a covalent chemical bond and transforms it into a 50/50 Glass/Paint Composition capable of filtering over 98% of the Sun's UVA and UVB rays.
    Short version. I believe Glare does a Vulcan mind meld to the clear coat.
    I don't know about all the mumbo jumbo but I do know it just saved my a$$!
    Last edited by Merlin; 09-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.

OK, this stuff just saved my a$$ again!

Sorry no before and after pics but here's the story...

Saturday I noticed that the right hand side of the wifes car (it's a red Solara) had horizontal scratches all the way down the side. It looked like she had either been keyed many times or actually more like she parked and scraped next to some bushes. They were about 3-4 inches wide from the rear of the front fender all along the door and down on the back panel.

I went in the house and asked her what happened to her car and she had no idea. I went back outside grabbed the PC, a Lake Country 5.5" orange flat pad, some Glare polish and went to work. She came out in about five minutes to look at the damage and by that time all the scratches were all completely GONE!

What I really like about this stuff is that it's not a temporary glaze/filler that washes off after the first rain. I truly bonds and becomes IMHO a permanent paint surface correction.

Hmmmm...add product to correct paint rather than polishing away clear coat to level the paint....what a concept.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Merlin, the GLARE product sounds great. I read some reviews on their website. It states that once you use this product you can't use any other polish products because they aren't compatible with GLARE polish compounds. Is this correct? Reason I ask is I wante to use this to mask some scratches on my truck but planned on using other products as well. Your thoughts? Willy
    usflgwav

Word

I'd love to use it on my wifes 'new' car that I just bought her, it has a ton of fingernail scratches under the door handles and some egg damage that I could not easily get out

Quote Originally Posted by HOGTRK View Post
    I read some reviews on their website. It states that once you use this product you can't use any other polish products because they aren't compatible with GLARE polish compounds. Is this correct? Reason I ask is I wanted to use this to mask some scratches on my truck but planned on using other products as well. Your thoughts? Willy
    Detailing terms for compound, polish, sealant etc. are not industry consistent.

One school of thought when using Glare Pro Polish is...
    You need to polish your paint (compound) before using Glare Pro.
    In some cases this is using a DA with M105/M205/Menz PO85 type combo
    Reason: Remove all the swirls and fine scratches before applying Glare Pro

Another school of thought when using Glare Pro Polish is...
    Let the Glare Pro product completely fill the swirls and they will stay gone.
    IMHO This really depends on the amount of the paint correction needed.

My thoughts...
    I would DA polish the paint first then apply Glare Pro

Glare is a unique product:
    Your first application (on clean paint) is applied like a compound.

First:
    Glare Polish is rubbed into the paint like a compound until it completely disappears.
    This causes Glare Pro to bond to the vehicles paint through a covalent chemical bond
    This also IMHO permanently fills and hides imperfections in the paint (swirls etc.)
    Repeat if needed.

Second:
    Glare Polish is applied like you would a wax or sealant.
    Let haze (to the swipe test) and lightly buff to remove.
    Remove with a high quality MF towel or 100% USA cotton.

This is the process they recommend when using their product.
    I have used this process and have had excellent results.

Although Glare is very good, it is not IMHO the shiniest LSP on the market.
    Protection, durability, longevity, hiding scratches and swirls it truly excels.

I have corrected "spots" and then used a different LSP product to seal the entire truck.
    I have used Glare as a "spot" correction product to permanently fill and hide scratches.
    I have done complete dawn washes and all the "spots" corrected with Glare are still gone.
    I have been using Glare Pro for many years and it has a special place in my detailing arsenal.

--------------------------------------------------

What did you have in mind to top the Glare Pro with?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    I'd love to use it on my wifes 'new' car that I just bought her, it has a ton of fingernail scratches under the door handles and some egg damage that I could not easily get out
    That actually looks like an excellent candidate for Dr. Color Chip

Egg Damage may need to be polished out or Glare Pro may help

Word

yeah I have tried polishing it out, didn't have much luck, even with a surbuf and meg's 105 on my DA.

the scratches inside/under the handle pocket really bother me, as the rest of the paint came out great. But I can't get my DA inside there so anything I do is by hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    yeah I have tried polishing it out, didn't have much luck, even with a surbuf and meg's 105 on my DA.

the scratches inside/under the handle pocket really bother me, as the rest of the paint came out great. But I can't get my DA inside there so anything I do is by hand...
    It's best to clean egg and bird bombs off right away!
    The egg damage may have totally ruined the paint.

For the little chips Dr. Color Chip works wonders.
    Scratches inside the handle may be a challenge.

Inside the door handle you could try Glare Pro.
    Put a little on the end of a MF towel and RUB.

Word

I wish I could have, we bought the car last week, it's CPO ford but this is all existing paint damage. I'm going to try the glare by hand.

From what I understand Glare Professional Polish actually fills, bonds at a molecular level and becomes your "new" clear coat.
    Here are some pics that may describe the difference in traditional paint polishing and using Glare Professional Polish.

The traditional way to polish out swirls and scratches is by using a buffing/polishing machine to reduce the clear coat.

From what I understand Glare Pro Polish bonds to your clear coat, fills in your scratches and builds a thicker CC.

I would rather use a products that adds to your CC rather than buffing you clear coat away to remove scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by HOGTRK View Post
    Merlin, the GLARE product sounds great. I read some reviews on their website. It states that once you use this product you can't use any other polish products because they aren't compatible with GLARE polish compounds. Is this correct? Reason I ask is I wante to use this to mask some scratches on my truck but planned on using other products as well. Your thoughts? Willy
    I just did the BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire treatment on my truck over the base of Glare Pro Polish.

I have used many different products over Glare Pro without any bonding issues.
    I doubt that if I use Glare Pro and then wax my truck that I'll come out the next
    morning and all the wax will have slid off my truck and made a ring on my driveway.
    Now if this happens to me in the future I'll be glad to post my findings.

On the other hand, certain products don't play well together. So far it's been fine.
    I'm sure every manufacturer wants you to use ONLY their products for your lifetime.

Click Here

Another recent experience with Glare Pro Polish - Filling swirls

As most of you know I'm kinda picky when it come to my paint finish.
    Actually, I think I'm cursed now I can't look at paint without seeing the flaws.

Well to bring an old thread back to life here is my recent experience with Glare.
    There has been a time or two when I have been in a hurry, lazy or both and...
    You guessed it...I cheated an ran my truck through the local "Tunnel-O'-Swirls".

This put "minor" yes, fairly minor (but I could see 'em) swirls in my black hood.

I use the Meguiars Microfiber Dual Action cutting disc and Megs D300 to remove swirls.

In this case I thought rather than remove Clear Coat let's try some Glare Pro Polish.
    IMHO Glare Pro Polish "fills" rather than removes and becomes integrated into the CC.
    From what I understand it makes a covalent bond at the molecular level with the CC.
    This must be why the Glare "fixes" I've done in the past (scuffs & scratches) stay fixed.

So here is the concept... permanently (or as permanent as possible) fill/fix the swirls.
    This isn't the glaze or polishing oils concept that fill minor swirls until the next wash.
    But rather ADDING to rather than removing from CC to accomplish a swirl free finish.

They state 1st rub Glare Pro into the paint like you would compound until it disappears.
    Then 2nd apply a second coat on top very lightly like you would applying a coat of wax.
    Wipe off the second coat in a few minutes just like you would when applying regular wax.

Here's what I used...PC7424xp, a 5" Backing Plate (BP) and a LC 5.5" flat blue pad.
    The LC 5.5" flat blue pad has no cutting ability so the Glare needs to do all the work.
    I ran it on speed 4, med pressure, with a slow, steady (1"-2" per second) arm speed.
    In just a few moments the black paint was swirl free and I was confident it would stay.

Unlike their recommendation I topped it with Blackfire Wet Diamond GEP and BFWD AFPP
    But hey that's me...

Acronyms:
    BP - Backing Plate
    CC - Clear Coat
    LC - Lake Country
    GEP - BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish
    AFPP - BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
    BFWD - BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
    Tunnel-O'-Swirls - Drive through car wash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast