Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Spoon Fed Oil Seperator How-to with part #s and pics

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    depending on the filter media will depend on how fast they will clog up and quit wokin on ya..and they will....

Also after these guys get about half way full they quit working as well so you must empty them

Best thing is to spend the money and get an AMW or an L&S oil sep

Superbeast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFox
    Nice write-up. When I run the roadcourse in my L, I can lose a quart in a day. So this small guy won't do much. Is a bigger unit available or can you run 2 in parallel? Some say that these water seperators stop working after a short time. Is that true?

Thanks,
    Den
    Best bet for you would be Vince's unit from L&S - look them up in the SV section of the site.
    It auto empties back into the valve cover.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    sounds like the maintense free L&S separatorwould be best for you with sucking that much oil through doing auto cross

I tried to piece together a temporary separator setup til i get a L&S or something of the like, but i couldnt find the 90* 3/8th NPT to Barb fitting anywhere

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lowes or Home depot has them out here in cali

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well they dont out here in jerzey

Name: Jose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    venom im new here and cant see any pictures can you please send me pics of where its located. is it on the pcv valve side of the eng

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Hey Super Harley. I think the pics are missing because this was originally posted 11 years ago. You were diggin' deep for this thread revival. The passenger side PCV valve is the one that you want to put the oil separator on. Here is a picture of what Venom was describing in this thread, though I would opt for an L & S Oil Sep. But if its just for a temporary install this will work, but you should replace it in a year or less. The longer you use it, the less oil it catches.

Anyways, heres the pic:
    water_oil-sep.JPG

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Ok so big props to Super Harley for obviously using the search engine, finding this old thread to try to find help, and after not finding any pics asking.

Way to go!!!! You sir, even with one post are not considered a NEWB in my book!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So when I use any kind of catch can or oilseperator I have to cap off the lower Intake bypass that is tee'ed in to the PVC line. I'm on a tight budget at the moment. Is there any other you might be able to recommend. And what about the breather tube on the driver side valve cover??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey SoCal I went ahead and ordered my l&s oil separator today. Might as well do it right the first time. Then I'm gonna clean the inter cooler and do spark plugs. Any suggestion on spark plugs?

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Super Harley View Post
    So when I use any kind of catch can or oilseperator I have to cap off the lower Intake bypass that is tee'ed in to the PVC line. I'm on a tight budget at the moment. Is there any other you might be able to recommend. And what about the breather tube on the driver side valve cover??
    No, you don't have to. The L & S has a plug for that line as it bypasses the T altogether. I don't know for sure about other separators, as the L & S is the only true oil separator I have purchased...

Now the driver side of the PCV system I did nothing with. As far as I have read from those that really know their stuff 'round these trucks, the pass side is the only side that was a design oversight (flaw) by Ford. The drivers side pulls filtered air from the air box into the crankcase, which is under vacuum from the passenger side that is connected to the intake. I hope that you can paint that m e n t a l picture from my description.

Hey SoCal I went ahead and ordered my l&s oil separator today. Might as well do it right the first time. Then I'm gonna clean the inter cooler and do spark plugs. Any suggestion on spark plugs?
    Glad you're doing it right from the start. You asked in the top post I quoted if there's anything else we would recommend, I myself would say since you are cleaning the IC, you will have the SC off, so there is almost no better time than that to pull the turkey pan elbow off and plug the hole in the turkey pan. This will only cost you about an extra dollar, 45 minutes and a beat up arm from reaching between the firewall and the lower intake. The dollar for the ⅛" Galvanized NPT plug.

If the motor is not modded, then stock plugs and stock gap are all that you need. Motorcraft are what I see recommended the most for stockers, and I also see a lot of people saying steer clear of the Autolites.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Welcome Super Harley

Did anyone mention the L$S Oil Sep?

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/forum-a...group-buy.html

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Welcome Super Harley

Did anyone mention the L$S Oil Sep?

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/forum-a...group-buy.html
    Indeed I did Merlin, but it doesn't hurt to link it again!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for all your help so cal. Don't mean to sound dumb but would that turkey elbow be the line that the l&s kit has you cap off or is it something else. Or what is that turkey elbow for.

Vader's Chauffer

...but would that turkey elbow be the line that the l&s kit has you cap off...
    Exactly. That is exactly what that is. Here is a write up with good pics to follow:

Delete "Turkey Pan" Vacuum Line

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6