Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: September 2010 TOTM, Rusty "Russ Dogg" Booth #306

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

September 2010 TOTM, Rusty "Russ Dogg" Booth #306

Our current TOTM winner has been with the NHTOC since 02/2005 and has earned a well deserving win this month. An all around fun guy who is a loving family man, and gear head like so many who have come before him. Who is ever ready for a GTG or just an outing with the crew in his self proclaimed “Funky Town”. So I guess this means that he just the “Captain” of “Funky Town”. Think I will just have to let him explain that one.

This month’s winner has gone the path that so many others have gone before us. Having sold his Gen II Harley Truck for a newer model Limited F150 that he believed would fill the void of not having the Harley Truck anymore, only to realize that this void could never be filled properly. No matter how many trips to Bone Daddy’s he and the rest of the crew took, something was just missing…and it sure wasn’t good food & plenty of eye candy (don’t worry, we won’t tell the wife). This void was sure to be filled sooner then later.

September’s winner comes to us from the state where they say everything is “bigger & better.” Now I don’t know about the whole better part, but the bigger part, I guess you could talk a little about that. As I have had the pleasure of meeting this month’s winner when I was out there on business and would have to say that there are definitely some things that are bigger like…belt buckles, cowboy hats, amount of people in boots, size of steaks & overall portions of food, # of illegal immigrants, & of course certain vehicles.

Thankfully this month’s winner came to his senses and got himself back into a Harley Truck, and in true “Bigger is Better” fashion, is rolling around in his, new to him, 2006 DSG Harley F250. A big welcome back to the Harley Truck world goes out to him, as I am sure he is more than ecstatic about having a Harley Truck once again.

So with that being said, let me be the first to congratulate our September 2010’s TOTM winner, member #306, Rusty “Russ Dogg” Booth and his 2006 Harley F250

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

When I was in college I worked at a truck accessory shop as an installer. They sent me to ford one day to pick up some parts and there was a brand new 2000 HD sitting on the showroom floor. I was in love and knew I would have one. Four years later I bought my 2003 HD. Then I made the mistake of selling it. I immediately regreted it. So I spent the next three years looking for a Superduty HD since I wanted a diesel.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

The first fast car I had was a 66 Mustang. I took out a loan against the car to put a built motor and gears in it. Then I went to college and needed something I could afford to put gas in. I had an F150 and then a Focus. Then I bought the 2003 HD. After that I had a Dodge 3/4 ton that was pretty fast after I finished it. But, it was a Dodge, so it had to go. Then I bought a 2008 F150 Limited. I wanted another HD, but I was tired of black vehicles, so that fit the bill. But it wasn't the same. So I bought the real thing.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

I don't really have much. I've got a spray in bed liner, Weathertech floor matts, 20% tint on the front windows and an Alpine in dash DVD player.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I work for BNSF Railway. I like extreme sports. Mountain biking, wakeboarding, and offroading. I also love to hunt.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

I like the people and the atmosphere here. Everyone is willing to help out. And we do a pretty good job of flushing the occasional terd that pops up.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I don't know that I would change anything.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

A guy that lived in my dorm started calling me Russ Dogg and then everyone else joined in and it kinda stuck.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Got a long list here. BMF wheels are coming soon. I may go with a 4in lift also. Still undecided on that. Smoked LED tails, third brake light, and mirror lights are stashed away. Then I'll do a 4in turbo back exhaust and a SCT tuner with custom tunes. Eventually I may get some power steps and a Road Armor front bumper.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I want to say thanks to Sheridan for nominating me and also to everyone who voted for me. Also thanks to my wife for putting up with me changing trucks so many times.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oki916; 09-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats russ dog. cant wait to see pics

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go! Well deserved.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Russ, congrats on TOTM!
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrates!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    way to go congrates

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

Hrly24
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats........

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Congrats once again to you Rusty....Q/A & Pics added

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice ! Is that Joe dirt? lol Congrats

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Hey congrat's man. Nice truck and well deserved!

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    allright! another THT TOTM Winner! Congrats Rusty!

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats man...Well deserved.................

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks to everyone. I appreciate it.

And yes, it is Joe Dirt. It's always in the truck along with a few others.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats Rusty!!!! Love the SD HD! Can't wait to find one for myself!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast