Thread: Stage 2 heads/cams, whats should I expect?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy Stage 2 heads/cams, whats should I expect?

I recently installed stage 2 heads/cams on my HD. Went to get it tuned/dynod and only got 377/404. Along with the heads/cams Im running 60#injectors,1600SCT MAF, Manley Rods, Probe Pistons, High vol oil pump, Single blade, 2.73 upper,10# lower, EGR delete,NGK TR6. At 3800-4000 the truck would stall out causing a failed dyno run. Checked MAF, it was clean so i rescheduled and decided to change fuel pumps so i replaced them with 255's. Is it me or should I expect more from my motor? Im scheduled to go back in next week hopefully to get better numbers. Any ideas on what i should expect? I will also add that it was 102 in the shop (according to my truck) and my Intercooler pump was acting up also causing more heat.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would think if you are running a 10# lower and L upper and are gapped at .38 - .40 that is a problem. I would think you should be gapped around that .30 - .32 mark. Do you have long tubes? How many pounds of boost are you showing? Was this Dyno on a Mustang or DynoJet? But your right those numbers seam low.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you have some typos in your statement? A 1600 maf seems way small for a 10# lower alone. And a 2.7 upper is another 2 or 3#s so if that's all correct your maf is wrong.
    Are you able to datalog Any of what's going on before it stalls out?
    I'm sure someone with alot more knowledge then me will chime it but your combo dosent sound right to me

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elvago View Post
    Along with the heads/cams Im running 60#injectors,1600SCT MAF, Manley Rods, Probe Pistons, High vol oil pump, Single blade, 2.73 upper,10# lower, EGR delete, NGK TR6. 255's.my Intercooler pump was acting up also causing more heat.
    Your MAF (unless that is a typo) is way to small and your peaking it out. You really should be running at least a 2800 or 3000 SCT MAF

2.73 upper & 10# lower on the Eaton?? You are probably upwards of 16-19lbs of boost. That eaton is screaming with Heat...upgrade to a 2.3 whipple or MP

NGKTR6's --- those are only good for boost up to 14#'s & you are more than likely above that with your upper & lower...you need to upgrade to the BR7EFS's

Intercooler pump shorting out --- definitely robbing you of power

Just to give you an idea with my build, on a conservative tune I am making 585/650...I am fully built...you are definetly low on numbers
    Last edited by oki916; 09-17-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    ... But it SCREAMS like a raped monkey at wot

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    pretty much all pointed out stuff to address

plug gap
    plug type
    get that IC pump working
    and get a blower that can handle temps. the heaton is never going to get you where you want to be with a built motor

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what is a stage 2 cam and port? what cam specs and what cfm? what was your base/loaded fuel pressure and a/f? I wouldn't be disappointed until you have the truck mechanically correct. maybe 420/510 ? And what Josh said