Thread: Who's Worried About Passing TX Vehicle Inspection?

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Who's Worried About Passing TX Vehicle Inspection?

Finally took my truck to get inspected after the new engine build.

The truck has no EGR system and several systems turned off in the tune. EGR, Rear O2 sensors, Evap, etc.

They were suspicious from the beginning. There is a very noticeable lope from the cams. They looked under the hood. I would bet money very few inspectors even know where the EGR system is on our trucks. They got underneath the truck with a flashlight. I do have rear cats and all my O2 sensors. They really took a while to do the inspection.

The report came back as a PASS and all the systems that were turned off had N/S (Not Supported) beside them. This means the OBDII system is not required to check this emissions control system.

So as long as the systems are turned off properly in your tune and you aren't obviously missing a system that would fail a visual inspection, you shouldn't have any issues passing inspection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steinjr; 10-01-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added photo
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All they did to mine was check the brakes and the lights. And it's a lot cheaper.

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 10:34 AM.

HD4595
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have had a P1000 code for years and am able to pass every time. Then again, my friend is the manager at the sticker shop! LOL

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The P1000 is usually that stupid gas tank level crap - 3/4 tank of fuel, 60 MPH on level ground for 45 minutes or some $hit. You can have 1 fail in Texas and pass.
    My question is - do we have to have cats or would resonators slide through?

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinjr View Post
    Finally took my truck to get inspected after the new engine build.

The truck has no EGR system and several systems turned off in the tune. EGR, Rear O2 sensors, Evap, etc.

They were suspicious from the beginning. There is a very noticeable lope from the cams. They looked under the hood. I would bet money very few inspectors even know where the EGR system is on our trucks. They got underneath the truck with a flashlight. I do have rear cats and all my O2 sensors. They really took a while to do the inspection.

The report came back as a PASS and all the systems that were turned off had N/S (Not Supported) beside them. This means the OBDII system is not required to check this emissions control system.

So as long as the systems are turned off properly in your tune and you aren't obviously missing a system that would fail a visual inspection, you shouldn't have any issues passing inspection.
    just so you know thats the same as what my truck reads on the print off.
    I havent had a legal exhaust system on my truck for over 3 years, and not to mention nor EGR system, stock pulleys etc and hell ive even pulled in and got a sticker one time with c16 still in the tank on kill mode lol still passed