Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The end all pcv valve fix...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb The end all pcv valve fix...

Only three things needed. You need 1xair compressor filter, 1x A-128 compression fitting and 1x A-122 compression fitting. Thats it, no ugly hose clamps or heater hose. Just cut the ends off the stock hard plastic piece. Cut off the bend area to where all you have is the straght pieces with the raised sections that fit into the stock rubber boots(pull the piece off you will see what i'm talking about). You will have to sand the ends of the side that u cut so that the compression sleeve can slide over. I also put a dab of silicon on the compression sleeve, because it kept sliding on me when i went to compress it down. Once you have your pieces put together all you have to do is screw them onto the filter and you are done. I also cut down the foam cover piece that previously covered the plastic hose so that it would fit around the exposed areas. Here's the pics.

*edit*If you read down the page there are some good time saving alternatives to using the compression sleeves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heres with cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DSG
    Name: P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you have to trim the plastic to fit inside the ferrel (sp?) I had a biyatch of a time getting the plastic to slide inside. Did you use the insert on the inside of the plastic tubing, the one that came with my fittings didn't come close to fitting the ID of the plastic tube? Or just the compression sleeve and nut? I put mine together without the insert. (should i change this?)

Is your oil sep. basket plastic or glass?

Thanks
    2002 DSG

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had to trim the plastic down so that the round sleeve would fit over the plastic tube. the insert that is supposed to go inside the plastic tube doesn't really have to be used, it is there to keep the tube stiff so it doesn't collapse when you go to tighten it down. I think if i had to do it all over again i would use copper line instead of the plastic tube stuff. because u can get the copper in the same diameter, and quite frankly i think it would be easier to squeeze the rubber boots over the copper rather than having to sand the end of the plastic down to get the brass sleeve over. as a longetivity note it's been well over a thousand miles and works fine, and sure looks better than the hose clamps.

DSG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    one more quick question if you would. Which direction did you mount the arrow for flow?? The arrow should point towards the intake correct?? like this valve covers/pcv-----oil sep.--> (flow arrow)---intake

Thanks

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ya thats what i did, but air ends up flowing both ways. because I don't think their is a check ball in there that prevents air from flowing back out.

BLOWN FD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How do you empty it when it gets full?

DSG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You screw the cup off the bottom of the oil sep.

BLOWN FD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it just motor oil and how often does it fill up?

DSG

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is just motor oil. I have not had mine on long enough to see how often it takes to fill up. I saw about a 1/4 inch when I first put the sep. on. I emptied it once and it has a little bit in the bottom now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The first 1/4 inch fills quick after that it tales awhile i odnt know why though.. i was thinking that the 1/4 inch in the bottom might fill up enough that it can just bypass the canister completely

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think the reason is because after the first run the filter is so saturated w/ oil that less air is sucked so there for there is less oil in the canister.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    rather than mess with the compression fitting trying to slide over the tube i used barb fittings with tiny hose clamps to attach it, you will need two 1/8 x 1/4 barb to male fitting and one 1/4 inch street 90' and it will work just fine with out the fustration of getting the nut and ferrel over the tube.
    01' White L, 13.52@102mph stock

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    y do u need the filter . just take it out. no need to filter the oil in the seperator

Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "UPDATE"
    Most of the parts are in, and I will try to start building then ASAP.
    Work is very busy, and I would rather not build them with too many distractions.
    I Will possibly go to work this weekend for some piece and quiet.

"HOWEVER"
    It has been raining for over a week here.
    MY business partner just purchased a new Ducati,
    Weather permitting, we may blow off some steam and make a power ride this weekend to stretch these bikes out a little and relieve some stress.
    Just being honest.
    Ill keep in touch,.
    Remember,
    I'm taking deposits and they are just about sold out.
    I obviously will make more if needed.
    Thanks
    Vince

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast