Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Awd harley davidson ?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awd harley davidson ?

I have a 07 AWD HD F150 and it makes clicking noises when I turn sharp left and right. The noise comes from both wheels sometimes one is louder than the other. Is this normal on the AWD models. I was told by and mechnic at the stealership that it was the hubs locking in and out but arent the hubs always locked it if its and AWD truck? Please help!~!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, they are not always locked. It would be harder to turn. Try this, while backing up turn your wheel to lock one way and back up slow. You can feel the hubs lock. Or at least I can on my '06.

I always hear a rotational ticking while driving.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So you are saying that your trucks makes loud clicking noises when you make sharp turn either going forward or in reverse. And everyone looks at you like whats that noise????? IF you 06 is AWD if I read to manuals right your and my truck front wheels are always pulling so therefor the hubs are always locked. If you switch from AWD mode to 4high on the dash, all that does is deliever 50/50 power to both wheels.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes. People can hear a noise.

AWD is not full time. 4 high is.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AWD is where the power to the front axle is controlled by a module. If the wheel speed varies by more than a pre programmed amount the front hubs will engage, this can be activated by uneven tyre wear so you should check that they are worn evenly, as I know that the previous owner of my truck had to replace all four tyres after getting an unrepairable puncture in one tyre caused a similar problem when he just fitted one new tyre. Hope this helps.
    You can get a better idea of this on snow or wet grass, hit the loud pedal in AWD & the rear wheels will turn maybe 1/2 a turn then you will fel the front hubs kick in. Put it in 4WD (before you stop) do the same again & it will spin up front & rear together.
    You can't have too much power, just a lack of traction!
    2007 AWD Roush HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadrob View Post
    AWD is where the power to the front axle is controlled by a module. If the wheel speed varies by more than a pre programmed amount the front hubs will engage, this can be activated by uneven tyre wear so you should check that they are worn evenly, as I know that the previous owner of my truck had to replace all four tyres after getting an unrepairable puncture in one tyre caused a similar problem when he just fitted one new tyre. Hope this helps.
    You can get a better idea of this on snow or wet grass, hit the loud pedal in AWD & the rear wheels will turn maybe 1/2 a turn then you will fel the front hubs kick in. Put it in 4WD (before you stop) do the same again & it will spin up front & rear together.
    Thank you for a better explanation that what I gave.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info. The dealership said I have a bad hub assembly and it needs to be replaced.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just went through this clicking noise when turning sharp with my 07 awd. The dealer replaced the left front actuator part # 7L1Z-3C247 under the powertrain warranty. I am happy to report that the truck makes absolutely no clicking noises when turning now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info. I will tell the dealer to check that.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    had the same problem on my 07 AWD ... clicking sound when turning or going reverse ... took it to the dealer and my transfer case was "broken" .. its fixed now under powertrain warranty

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How long is powertrain warranty? 100k? I have an 07 that when I take off from anywhere I can feel the little jerk I think from the front end. Feels like gears have play and take a bit for them to contact each other. Is this normal with the awd or do I have something worn out?
    Chad
    Schulenburg, TX
    2007 Ford F150 AW Harley Edition Dark Amethyst #03344. 6" Fabtech lift,
    20" rims with 35" tires, flowmaster, Volant CAI, Diablo tuner.

Name: phil

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    do people understand that AWD MEANS ALLWHEELDRIVE. NOT THE SAME AS 4 WHEEL DRIVE in witch you can switch to 2 WD..All wheel drive is all wheel drive all the time

13. The Following User Liked fatboyphil For This Useful Post:

Ken2007HD (01-07-2017)

Name: csciam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a cv joint. I have a 2010 and can turn lock to lock doesn't make any noise.

Name: csciam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fatboy phil that is not correct maybe for cars not for trucks. Do some Ford research on some ford trucks KR HD and Platinum you have 2wd, AWD and 4W hi. OH yes check it out! Cool Stuff

Name: phil

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haasri View Post
    Fatboy phil that is not correct maybe for cars not for trucks. Do some Ford research on some ford trucks KR HD and Platinum you have 2wd, AWD and 4W hi. OH yes check it out! Cool Stuff
    well then why is my AWD 2008 SWITCH SAY 4 HI OR AWD. There is no 2wd switch. my truck pulls in 4 wheel drive full time. so i am right in saying AWD IS ALL WHEEL DRIVE. I think you need to go back to school

17. The Following User Liked fatboyphil For This Useful Post:

Ken2007HD (01-07-2017)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast