Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Novemeber 2010 TOTM, Travis "Dats Ttrah!" Trahan #612

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

Novemeber 2010 TOTM, Travis "Dats Ttrah!" Trahan #612

Having been with the nhtoc sine 09/2008, this member has been an active contributing member well deserving of this honor. Always willing to aid others in answering questions to the best of his ability or just sharing some good info or pictures to give us all a laugh. Having been through some real tough times, but with the love of family and friends, he is still thankfully here with all of us. I think it is safe to say that he has definitely had enough consecutive “sleep” to last a lifetime. My only question would be what kind of crazy dreams was that mind having?!

This month’s winner comes to us from the land of snakes, crawfish, and gators. When he is not out filming “Swamp People” he is being a self proclaimed “Speedfreek”, riding anything from his banshee, sea doo, or past motorcycles…he also keeps himself extremely busy running not 1, 2, but 3 companies!!! It is amazing that he ever finds time to do anything to his truck, but from all the updates and pics that we have seen posted on the boards, he has somehow been able to do an amazing job.

I think it is definitely safe to say that the MOD bug has hit this one just as hard as it has the rest of us. With all the current work that has gone into this truck, there is no argument and with the plans for the future it is evident that there are no signs of slowing down. No wonder he works so hard, how else is he going to pay for all this…or from the looks of some of the pics…maybe he has to in order to afford the “ornaments” around his truck!!

Well with that being said, let me be the first to congratulate our November 2010 TOTM winner, member # 612, Travis “DATS TTRAH!” Trahan and his 2003 Two Tone build #9051.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?

SPEED! I also needed a truck for daily ability so this is where I became mind boggled... so one day I was riding with a buddy in his ford and I said man, "I like this truck but only if it was faster or better yet fast!" That’s when we started to recap about the Harley edition trucks that had come out a couple years prior. So I became on the prowl to find a demo or new Harley truck, specifically the 03 two tone! I started calling dealerships really anywhere and everywhere to find my girl! No hope in the surrounding states besides high mileage ones. FINALLY I found her in North Carolina with 6,000 miles on the odometer! Got a one way ticket and the dealer picked me up at the airport! Not knowing where I was and how to get back home, I relied on my "maps" in my iPHONE to get back home! Started modding her and ran into this interesting and VERY HELPFUL site!

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Well, I have owned quit a few vehicle so imma just share the favorites.....it was a ACURA TL I drove throughout school and was seemingly fast but more on the luxury side....the second a foremost favorite was the 2008 beamer M5. Lastly was my 2007 Suzuki GSR 600 (highly modded) that I raced at the technical track and soon getting sponsorships but…HEY, I CANT RIDE BIKES ANYMORE due to a very bad accident and paralysis in my right arm but, AT LEAST IM STILL ROCKIN A HARLEY!!! Haha

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

JLP tract. bars, AEM meth. injection, FLUIDYNE heat exchanger, PLX devices OBDII gauge, PLX wideband, DEFI racer blue pressure gauge, DEFI water gauge, DEFI boost gauge, POLISHED 2.3 Whipple, ACCUFAb SBTB, QTP Y-PIPES with DMH cutouts, JLP BASSANI COMP R exhaust, JLP int. reservoir, JLP overflow reservoir, HD 22" reps/ BFG kdw2's, HOTCHKIS HPS1000 shocks, belltech 2.5"-4.5" drop, L rear sway mod, dual wallbro 255's,MOROSO trans pan ,FT valve body, slotted/dimpled rotors all 4, Oil separator , LINCOLN BLACKWOOD TRIM, alpinew-505 head unit, alpine pdx 1000, boston acoustics components all around(350watt per pair)

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

RT Electric Inc., JIM's Electric Inc. & Multi Chem,....I work on a steady schedule so this is my time so let me go to my personal info.... I live in Lafayette LA and I love to Wakeboard, FISH, Ride my banshee, and sea doo RXP-X (highly modded), all one handed due to a very bad motorcycle accident 3 years ago! An elder (of course) took a left in front of me and that’s where my life changed! I was in a comma for 2 months and the hospital for about 7-8 months. The accident caused my hip to have 2 plates, (femur from my knee cap to my hip), 2 plates in my arm from a compound fracture, 2 plates in my jaw from the (luckily) full face helmet and then I was practically bed written for another year....luckily I had/have a great Family and my father who covered the businesses working by himself while all this was going down. My younger years were spent racing for (first) Honda on the motocross tracks and then later KTM! I continued staying with KTM through my later years until that previous mentioned wreck

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

The greatest thing in life is family and having a family that has the same interests and goals are the best! Everyone on this site, to say the least has made me feel a true wanting to hear more about what everyone is finding out and what they/we come up with! I wouldn’t be as proud of an owner as I am today with my truck being stock and how everyone has helped me to open up to more ideas THANKS GUYS!

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

MORE PEOPLE LIKE HARLEY 356! Haha this guy knows everything and if he doesn’t then he'll find out. Also I think even SVT LIGHTNINGS aren’t Harleys and we aren’t LINGHTNINGS, I think we should have a LIGHTNING section to get more info/members on this site because lightning rodder is a lightning forum but they still provide a Harley section

Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

My nick name is TTRAH (CAJUN FOR TRAVIS TRAHAN) and being my truck is nice, every time I drive up to places my buddy's always say dats ttrah! Haha so I figured PERFECT

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? So what's the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Going "built" and just about deciding to convert to turbo at the same time I bring it in to get the block installed MY GOAL: 800hp STREET** only with turbo

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

TO ALL YOU GUYS! Thanks for the hospitality and FROZEN, thanks for all the effort u put into giving me them straight up info/videos! Josh & Oki!, Ya’ll have been the greatest help and I’m glad we have awesome help to keep this site factually interesting! Sorry I’m so far down south in "da flats" or else I would bull**** in person like most of you guys up there!
    Lastly, THANKS FOR THE TOTM!!!, this really made my month and is very much needed from all the business stress that I have had lately, that I think everyone endures at one point!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats.

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats
    Last edited by xfire; 11-01-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Way to go Bro!

Another Shamu TOTM!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice looking two tone! Congrats on TOTM!

Keep us up to date with your 800hp build!

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Travis,way to go man...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! One of my favorite trucks on here!

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Congrats Travis! Trucks come a long way in a pretty short time

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats man....certainly a worthy truck and member for this award

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks guys again!! great oki!
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 11-01-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads nice Truck

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats. Nice looking truck.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats TTRAH!! Your hard work is evident in the appearance of your truck. Very well done brother!
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Bro....always glad to see another Shamu winner for TOTM!!!
    usflgwav

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Great truck! Congrats man.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast