Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December 2010 TOTM, Rich "TPR103" Harris #1227

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

December 2010 TOTM, Rich "TPR103" Harris #1227

We are here to honor another winner for Truck of the Month. This month’s winner comes to us once again from the “Fist Pump State” of New Jersey. No J-Wow or Sammy for this one…ok well maybe a J-wow, but that is just a little different…the one that he really has to watch out for his Gia. An oil junky since birth who finally found his way from the lil ricer cars into the big boy toys…guess Tony Soprano wasn’t letting him take care of the big jobs just yet. Having been with the nhtoc since 4/29/2004, it is definitely safe to say that this month’s winner has put in his dues and can be finally called a made man.

When not working on his HD or his L, he is busy spending time with his wife Jenny and his lil girl Gianna, who is the best advocate to get the HD fully up and running as she always has some choice words for daddy when something is broken. Not to mention, lots of his time helping out by managing the family business making sure the rest of us have a place to go and eat…or should I say “talk business”, I mean it is New Jersey after all.

It is definitely safe to say that this month’s winner is a true enthusiast for the HD trucks. Having gone through multiple transformations with his truck and of course it is a never ending story for the future and what is to come. A great contributor to the site and the community as a whole, this month’s winner is another well deserving and overdue addition to the saga known as TOTM.

Well with that being said, let me be the first to congratulate our December 2010 TOTM winner, member #320, Rich “TPR103” Harris and his 2001 Black build #1227.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

well ive always been into cars since i was old enough to hold a wrench. i had a turbo eclipse and was just tired of cars. i wanted a truck. i had my eye on a new dodge ram quad cab (i know i know) i wanted a 4x4 with leather, a sunroof and nice big wheels. well it was outta my price range and the dealer tried putting me in a gay dakota. well i found a lightning and drove it. feel in love cause it was quick, but only 2 doors. i put a deposit on it anyways. i found an ad in the paper for a harley truck and thought man thats just what i want. i went and looked at a 2002, and saw it was s/c just like the L. i was sold, until i found out it was a misprint and outta my price range yet again. about a week later i found an ad that had a quad cab ford f150 for sale and it looked like a hd. i thought it was a misprint since the price was too good to be true. my mom told me to go check it out anyways. so i went to the dealer and sure enough it was a hd. the sales man said the price was correct and went to get the keys. i opened the hood and no s/c?? yep 2001 didnt have it. i drove the truck and fell in love and bought her. about a year later i was at a swap meet selling parts when somebody directed me to this site! the rest is down hill from there.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

well i can never leave anything stock for too long. ive had a bunch of different cars over the years and each one ive done something to. whether it was performance wise, look wise or just blow your ear drums out with a system. thats what drew me into the harley trucks they have it all.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

oh boy here we go! since my truck went through various stages ill save you all the boring details and ill give you how she is now. hotchkis tvs, jdm built longblock, 2.3 whipple, kooks headers, silver bullet exhaust, punisher built trans, detroit tru-trac, dg motorsprts front bumper, true forged 22" wheels, kenwood headunit, alpine components front and rear, alpine type r 12 in a jl stealth box, jl 1000/1 & 450/4 amps, 7" tv's in the head rests. and lots of bling

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

well i help manage our family owned resturant, been married for 4 years, got a 3 year old daughter. my hobbies are pretty much anything with a motor. i also enjoy hanging with friends and working on there vehicles.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

one of the best things about this site is the knowledge! even though i havent been here since day one, its amazing seeing how far these trucks have come!

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

one suggestion i have for the site is make the pic gallery able to upload more pics. there you go josh maybe the powers that be will see it here lol

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

tpr! no it doesnt stand for toilet paper roll! back in the day i used to dj and make mixed tapes and sell them in school. so my tag was Tapes Produced by Rich. the 103 think is well my birthday oct third. ive had this screen name for decades.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

well right now the future is to get the truck back together and running. i blew it up last year and got side tracked when i bought a lightning over the winter. other future mods that are coming is a full fuel system, nitrous, c16 tune, qa1 shocks, jdm drag springs, solid back glass window, 02 fender flares, lightning rear ground effects, dg motorsports roll pan, weight reduction, going for a 10sec pass and to finally get her repainted.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

i want to thank everyone on this site for helping me make my truck what it is today! i would also like to thank my wife jenny, without her i wouldn't have done it. she has been there since day one! my little angel gianna who keeps rubbing it in that daddy's truck is broke, and my crazy old pops who put the wrench in my hand! thanks again it is an honor to be chosen, and makes me want to get my truck done even more!
    Last edited by oki916; 12-01-2010 at 07:23 PM.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Cool

Congrats dude. Well deserved for a killer truck! Love those black 22's.

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You got one helluva nice truck! You obviously have put so much into it. Congratulations on TOTM. It is well deserved. Cute little girl too. Just another reason to be proud. Awesome, Rich!
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Congrats!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great truck, Congrats.

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    congrats, and killer truck

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Awesome! Congrats!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats Rich!

Although damn, no props to the fellow JHO's for helping you on the 1st motor swap, the 2nd motor swap, the trans swap, and the L motor swap

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Sweet Truck!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    thanks again for the honor guys!

josh i tried to make it short and simple. when i said "thanks to everyone on this site for hlping me make my truck what it is today" that included you

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats richard!!! you havnt answered my text yet!!!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice truck. Well deserved!!

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Congrads

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    thanks again for the honor guys!

josh i tried to make it short and simple. when i said "thanks to everyone on this site for hlping me make my truck what it is today" that included you
    haha wouldn't be a JHO congrats without some busting chops

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast