Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Projector retro just about complete, waiting for install on truck

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YEP. u have a few options for the bi-xenon projectors that are the widest....the FX-R's, LS460, MINI h1'S, the ROLSE ROYCE, And of course the acura TL's....
    most vehicles headlites are about the same give or take 5-10' for bigger vehicles. so i wouldnt think the bigger vehicle wouldnt want the bigger the projecter

AS FOR THE BIGGER THE PROJECTOR BEAM WIDER...ALOT HAS TO DO WITH THE BOWL DESIGN THAT SPREADS THE BEAM AND ALONG WITH THE SIZE TO HAVE A WIDER BOWL
    the widest ones out for bi-xenon are hands down the LS460'S would be the best in every category but they are VERY HARD to fit..
    acura TL's are near impossible to retro as those are the biggest.

now you can go with for NON bi-xenon, s2000's or TSX with clear lense and spacers. they have 2 versions for the honda s2000 (ap1 &ap2) the ap1 are the best choice and are small along with the TSX
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 12-23-2010 at 12:11 AM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    walter i found these for ya! they are hella 2.5" like the 350z .
    100% OEM that come in the rolls royce phantom and other high end cars as well! THEY ARE BI-XENON TOO!! seem like a steal for a pair at $105-130. only modding i would do to the projectors is put a spacer to get more blue/purple on the cutoff LINE.

Projector Headlight of HELLA E55 products, buy Projector Headlight of HELLA E55 products from alibaba.com
    u might be able to even get the same oem shrouds from the phantom as it looks that way pictured below ON The link....

HARLEY356..
    THIS PICTURE HARLEY IS A PHILIPS 4300K BULB AND YOU CAN VERY MUCH TELL THE YELLOW. if they were using a 35 watt ballast, it would be even more yellow
    Attachment 24001

AND THESE ARE COMPARED TOGETHER.....again may i remind you that these bulbs are on 55 watts so there colors fluctuate 700-800k UP and you can still tell the yellow in the philips 4300!...

THIS PICTURE SHOWS HOW 5000K IS PURE WHITE
    HOPE THIS SOLVES the dilemma ....
    now you can compare halogen bulbs to the 4300k on the road and of course it is more white but once your eyes get used to lookin at your beam its a tad bit yellow for me..

all you're showing me there is whatever projector lense thats using is giving it the yellowish hue, or the phillips/chinese brand itself, because both of my sylvania 4300k HID's in non-projector housings are as absolute silvery white as you can get without a hint of yellow. Typically projector lenses make them look even more blue.... my gf's 5.0 with 4300k HID's with projector lenses has a slight bluer tinge than my 4300k non-projector HID's. My Stealth RT with projectors had 5000k HID's and they were much bluer than the 4300k. I absolutely loved the look so don't get me wrong there, but simply saying true OEM HID's of 4300k are not yellow. Possibly whatever brand or lenses you're using though give it that effect, but I've never seen it on OEM.

Here's a comparison shot for you side by side....

Philips 4300k vs OEM 4300k....I agree those phillips ones look yellowish, but the OEM ones look whiter to me!

Chinese 5000k vs OEM 4300k....I'd say thats about as dead nuts on of a match as you can get

Chinese 5000k vs McCullogh 5000k....I'd say the McCullogh 5000k are a lot bluer than those chinese ones.

(also on those comparisons, look at the projector itself, and not the housing around it as it skews the colors as well. Your housing is chrome, the 5.0 housing is satin, and the stealth housing is black, which all 3 reflect the colors differently. Just look at the projector lense itself)

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    all you're showing me there is whatever projector lense thats using is giving it the yellowish hue, or the phillips/chinese brand itself, because both of my sylvania 4300k HID's in non-projector housings are as absolute silvery white as you can get without a hint of yellow. Typically projector lenses make them look even more blue.... my gf's 5.0 with 4300k HID's with projector lenses has a slight bluer tinge than my 4300k non-projector HID's. My Stealth RT with projectors had 5000k HID's and they were much bluer than the 4300k. I absolutely loved the look so don't get me wrong there, but simply saying true OEM HID's of 4300k are not yellow. Possibly whatever brand or lenses you're using though give it that effect, but I've never seen it on OEM.

Here's a comparison shot for you side by side....

Philips 4300k vs OEM 4300k....I agree those phillips ones look yellowish, but the OEM ones look whiter to me!

Chinese 5000k vs OEM 4300k....I'd say thats about as dead nuts on of a match as you can get

Chinese 5000k vs McCullogh 5000k....I'd say the McCullogh 5000k are a lot bluer than those chinese ones.

(also on those comparisons, look at the projector itself, and not the housing around it as it skews the colors as well. Your housing is chrome, the 5.0 housing is satin, and the stealth housing is black, which all 3 reflect the colors differently. Just look at the projector lense itself)

yea i here ya and its really a give or take situation i guess then. Look here, these are the same EXACT in our LEXUS LS with the same bulbs that came with the lexus and ballast pictured below. EVERYTHING is the same look im dealing with and this is y im irritated .....
    lexus ls proj.jpg
    lexus ls proje.jpg

by the way philips/osram is oem on just about every xenon oem equipped vehicles. in my field of work too, many bulbs from the same manufacturer usually end up different colors a tad but my customers arent that picky. as we are doing this as a hobby ayy..... i mean, it works like vehicles for instance....frames are off a tad bit too depending on manufacturers. im sure salt mixtures get off a tad too.....
    i just like a hint of blue and in my opinion they seem on the yellow/whiter side and after a while (1 month or so) my eye seems to want a white/bluer hue.

maybe our Lexus needs new bulbs but then again my buddy's beamer has the same look ONLY WHEN lookin at the output while driving that is
    by the way.....guys, check out the sweet color flicker that these things have on the link below.....
    YouTube - FX-R Bi-Xenon D2S HID Projector Color Flicker
    Last edited by DATS TTRAH!; 12-24-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ....All I know is I get tired of seeing all these fools around here with deep blue and purple lights

Your Lights look good!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I'd agree with you the ones on that toyota SUV look yellowish. I'm going to have to call the card that its either an issue with that brand specifically, or its not rated properly, because I never see OEM 4300k HID's that yellowish. They always look more silvery white just like the 5.0's.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy View Post
    ....All I know is I get tired of seeing all these fools around here with deep blue and purple lights

Your Lights look good!
    no i understand. i like purple/blue but not as light output. from oncoming traffic i like the flicker affect but cant stand these kids that dont have projectors with 12k+ color output and blinding the chit out of you. these projectors give you a genuine high end car affect and makes the trucks quality shine above the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    I'd agree with you the ones on that toyota SUV look yellowish. I'm going to have to call the card that its either an issue with that brand specifically, or its not rated properly, because I never see OEM 4300k HID's that yellowish. They always look more silvery white just like the 5.0's.
    yea, after seeing your lites it makes me think.....osram cb bulbs that came out are 5700k and those bulbs are oem on newer vehicles. osram, philips, and another company that i forget only make bulbs for oem application and the osram cb's been out for about a year or 2 so they have to be in newer oem applications.
    post a couple pics of the lites in the 5.0 of the actual bulb where the writing/numbers are bc im curious if you can. i know philips bulbs are at the top so if you have the same bulb which if yours is 4300k then more than likely you'll have philips too.

Here are the finishing pics of them installed. I really think it brings out the mean ness I'n the truck honestly

2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those look awesome. I wish I could do that on my Superduty. But, I don't think the headlights are big enough to fit all that in there. I want HID's, but I don't want to blind everyone with aftermarket kits since it's a 4X4.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Dogg View Post
    Those look awesome. I wish I could do that on my Superduty. But, I don't think the headlights are big enough to fit all that in there. I want HID's, but I don't want to blind everyone with aftermarket kits since it's a 4X4.
    Send me pic and I'll def. Let u know which route to take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They look badass, but what happened to your fogs?

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck View Post
    They look badass, but what happened to your fogs?
    They there i put 3m smoke tint on them bc i had it lying around. I was thinking about taking the tape off. Think i should?
    Now that i look at the pics more, im leaning towards pulling them off while i wait on going for another retro on them too! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah I'd peel the tint off the fogs....looks like they're just missing.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks great!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Go for the retrofitting on the fogs, im sold on the headlights they look sickk.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walter123walter View Post
    Go for the retrofitting on the fogs, im sold on the headlights they look sickk.
    +1 man they do make the truck look meaner.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    done, fog lites peeled and looks great!

the reason i put the tint was bc i tinted the orange strip on my stock headlamps so i did the fogs to match but now my shiat matches my new retro headlamps!
    NEXT UP, FOGLITES!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast