Thread: 03 HD Drop Kits Suggestions Needed!

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

03 HD Drop Kits Suggestions Needed!

Please provide some suggestions on drop kits for an 03 HD. I am looking for the fenders to sit right on top of my 22" reps with 285/35 tires. I have seen a few guys saying they have a 2"F/4"R drop from Belltech but I cannot find that on the site. Please suggest type of shocks as well. I would like to keep my ride as close to stock as possible. I live in New Orleans and do not want to get bounced out of my truck when driving. I appreciate your help.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    a 2/4 will pretty much put you right there with zero wheel well gap. you'll have to trim your front fender flares though.
    if you want to retain the stock ride though, belltech spindles up front are the best route for that, 2" of drop and stock ride quality. For the rear it gets tricky. belltech leafs will lower your 03 by 4" but stiffen up the ride a lot. JLP shackles will get the rear of your truck down 3". You may want to do shackles and remove the overload leaf the 03's have.

Name: Mat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally went with shackles, air bags and WC lowering control arms up front and love the ride. Tried lowering springs up front and the ride sucked. Definately go with strange adjustables out back if lowering. They are great shocks
    Tooned by Me, Cogged Kenne Bell 2.3, 4-Link on Coilovers, Pan Hard Bar, Hitman Intake W/Slot MAF and Big O, JLP Plenum, 97 Rails, Jabsco Pump and KC, Dual Aeroforce W/Analogic, LFP Valve Body, Hellwig Sways, LT's W/Bassani CB, X-Brace, Hydroboost with SSBC Brakes

Name: David

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More info

I was looking on the Belltech website and I noticed that they offer 2" shackles and 2" hangers. Has anyone tried this combination to get the 4" drop in the back. Also, what shocks do any of you suggest? What are the part numbers for the Strange shocks?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    go with bilstein shocks

and the hangers will get you 2", but they're a MAJOR PITA to install, and require air tools. Many guys remove the bed to install them.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name: R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Springs will give you a stiffer ride to match BT leaf drop in the rear. Cost-wise is about even after alignment and alignment cams. The BT leafs are pretty stiff in the rear - enough that I'd like to try the Hotchkis L leafs and see how they are. You'll need shackles WITH BT leafs if you want to sit level when using 2" BT drop springs in the front. I don't have a c-notch but it'll likely be on the list at some point. You'll need to get your shims flipped or new ones made ($100-$200).

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bro I live I'n lafayette louisiana and if u want my belltech springs then just throw an offer out! Ill be taking off my rear belltech drop leafs shortly as well and I'll throw them for cheap too. Just name a price.
    And let me know so i can swap the leafs out to my stockers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors