Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust?

2002 H/D Build # 7944
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    better postpone the wedding , you will need the money for the truck mods . ha ha ha

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russp View Post
    better postpone the wedding , you will need the money for the truck mods . ha ha ha
    Dont think I wouldnt if I could.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walter123walter View Post
    Agreed that bassani and others are better than flowmasters, but ive always wondered why i always see u guys stating tht they steal performance.
    quite a few guys have either switched to flowmaster and noticed a slight loss in performance, or others have bought a truck with a flowmaster already on there and then switched to something else and noticed a slight gain in performace.....where typically a change in a catback has zero effect at all on performance. It has to do with the chambered design of the flowmasters that robs the power. All the other types of mufflers are straight through designs with fiberglass packing....bassani, magnaflow, dynatech, etc.

Name: Vincent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they frequently (right now actually) have the Magnaflow system on Ebay for 456 with free shipping. I plan on either going this route, or simply replacing the stock muffler with a magnaflow. Is there any real difference between going with the full magnaflow kit, or just replacing the stock exhaust with magnaflow muffler. There is a huge difference in price, is it worth it?

They also make a Ford Racing kit for the car, made by Borla, stainless steel, that I have found for $380, but it appears to have split exits in the rear, which I dont think would look very good with my roll pan......?

Junior Boost Lover

Whats the stock diameter size of the pipes?

Junior Boost Lover

Junior Boost Lover

This is my truck now. This is a single in dual out Flowmaster dumped right behind the rear wheels. I got them tucked, close to illegal as possible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvpor9-0Ec

78shovel 91bagger 2000
    Name: Jim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SR81 sounds like you are on the tight budget like I have been but now things have changed and it is time to jump on the mod band wagon

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just switched from Maganaflow (in the pic previous) to Bassani.
    Maggie gave 5 Lbs boost with stock pullies - Bassani is at 6 Lbs - @ same air temp. Truck performs noticeably better - more boost.
    Most engines suck air in to make power (normally aspirated) - the blower pushes compressed air in to make additional power
    Bottom line - There is a relationship between boost & backpressure.
    I also expect to lose boost when I install LT Headers & high flow cats - but then I will be changing pullies, tune etc.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    quite a few guys have either switched to flowmaster and noticed a slight loss in performance, or others have bought a truck with a flowmaster already on there and then switched to something else and noticed a slight gain in performace.....where typically a change in a catback has zero effect at all on performance. It has to do with the chambered design of the flowmasters that robs the power. All the other types of mufflers are straight through designs with fiberglass packing....bassani, magnaflow, dynatech, etc.
    Thanks Josh, that answered my question guess their design sounds good on some cars but rob performance.

Junior Boost Lover

The more pics I look at the more I like the Lightning setup. I may go with that. The Bassani is a dual muf setup though, right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRecneck View Post
    I just switched from Maganaflow (in the pic previous) to Bassani.
    Maggie gave 5 Lbs boost with stock pullies - Bassani is at 6 Lbs - @ same air temp. Truck performs noticeably better - more boost.
    Most engines suck air in to make power (normally aspirated) - the blower pushes compressed air in to make additional power
    Bottom line - There is a relationship between boost & backpressure.
    I also expect to lose boost when I install LT Headers & high flow cats - but then I will be changing pullies, tune etc.
    I am not an expert, but I would like to see an actual dyno number here. Less boost doesnt mean less hp, you may be seeing less because of less restrictions in the exhaust. I had a Redline that came supercharged, and when i put header/downpipe, exhaust on it, I saw less boost, but I gained a **** ton of HP, and that was seen on a dyno. Not saying that to argue with you, just wondering if any one has actual dyno numbers to say that one exhaust produced more HP than another. (With the exception of flowmasters, they are ****, I'll agree on that.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SR81 View Post
    The more pics I look at the more I like the Lightning setup. I may go with that. The Bassani is a dual muf setup though, right?
    I assume if I wanted to go with the Lightning setup exits before the wheel, you would still order a HD exhaust, and just have it modified? Or would you order the lightning and just have it extended a small bit? Does that make sense?

Junior Boost Lover

Yeah, i dont know how that works. Someonw on here knows.

2002 H/D Build # 7944
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runriot View Post
    I assume if I wanted to go with the Lightning setup exits before the wheel, you would still order a HD exhaust, and just have it modified? Or would you order the lightning and just have it extended a small bit? Does that make sense?
    You can order with the stock Harley exit or the Lightning exit as the Harley trucks are longer wheelbase

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast