Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 2011 TOTM, CJ "BMXER901" Risley

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts

January 2011 TOTM, CJ "BMXER901" Risley

We have entered a new year and it is time for us to recognize our first winner for 2011. There must be something in the water, or should I say river, as this month’s winner makes it 3 of the last 4 hailing from the same state. Now with those numbers you would think, there would be some sort of kickback…all I got to ask though is…Where’s my money?!

A motor-head and grease monkey like the rest of us, but a newcomer to the world of the supercharger. Still, he has always been a big fan of forced induction (aren’t we all!)…even if he did start out on little ricer machines that we all laugh at when they rev at us or do that infamous fly-by. Having gone through a multitude of vehicles that range from 4cyl to 8cyl engines that from what I can tell have all either been Ford or Dodge, but we are all glad that he did choose wisely at least once and get himself his HD.

Now don’t let him fool you, this month’s winner didn’t start out exactly on 4 wheels, or even something that has a motor at all…more like pedals. Yea, I said pedals!! When he is not messing around with his multitude of vehicles he is busy pedaling his way to victory through the dirt & over the jumps on his BMX bike. That is, when he doesn’t crash and hit his head causing him to neglect his NTHOC duties…like checking his PM’s to learn he is the next TOTM.

Having joined the NHTOC back on 3/16/2007, it is safe to say that this month’s winner has definitely put in his time earning this honor. Like so many that have come before him, he has continued to be a regular contributor to the site helping to keep it what we all love and come back for more of. Only good things are to come in the future for this month’s winner and I for one, can’t wait to see what that future and a new year has to bring.

Well with that being said; let me be the first to congratulate our January 2011 TOTM winner, CJ “BMXER901” Risley and his 2002 DSG build #06936.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically you’re HD Truck?

I’ve always had a thing for the dsg hd's since the first day I saw them, When I saw this one out on a lot I went home and started doing more research. It didn’t take long at all to come across jlp's HD and from there on it all went straight down hill. I just had to have the truck and started wheeling and dealing to get it, I drove it off their lot with them scratching their heads saying howd that happen lol. Since i still dd my truck there isn’t a place I go that I don’t have people stop me to talk, the only down fall is no one ever wants to play. They just don’t believe me that I only have a hole in my exhaust, a cai and some goofy gauges.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Basically every car that I have ever had has ended up with a turbo in it, so the truck was completely new to me with the sc. I’ve had 2 turboed neon’s, an srt-4, a turbo project 5.0 stang, and a turboed 05 6cyl stang. Now all that’s left is the HD, an 06 charger rt and an 06 dodge magnum.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

I probably don’t even remember all the mods that have been done to the truck lol. The best way to narrow it down would be built motor, kb2.3, full jlp suspension, and lots of powder coating.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

This year i took on a new job as assistant manager for a detail company so hopefully all stays good with that. Just about every other weekend I can be found traveling the country for bmx racing which I have been doing for 10yrs now. When I’m not doing that I’m either playing paintball or now playing cod on x-box lol.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

I became a member on this site just a couple days before buying my truck and from than on its helped me prepare for whatever I was getting into.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

Probably the classified section, I dunno im just not a big fan of the set up I guess.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I have used this screen name forever; I race bmx and my number use to be 901. So it basically stuck with everything I do simple and easy to remember.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

Well I still have some mods sitting around collecting dust just waiting to be installed. I have a dgm front L style bumper and a jlp full fuel system. If all goes right than that stuff will be installed along with a kb 2.6 (or 2.8) and a built trans summer of 11"

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I have to thank everyone especially my #1 supporter my fiancée. She is always there to lend a hand when a new mod is talked about and always there to kick me in my a$$ when I think of selling it. Of course what would a thank you be without giving all the j-ho's a huge thank you for everything that you guys have done over the years, you did a good job making sure I spent all my money lol.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Nice! Congrats.

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Congratulations CJ

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!

Name: Ulisses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats sir.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Nice ride. I haven't seen much of it. Well deserved

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    hells yeah buddy!

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Killer truck , bro! I am a big fan of the powdercoat and black rims, BOO Chrome!!! Great looking DSG, congratulations!!!
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats CJ! Even if you have been neglecting your fellow JHO's lately LoL! Hope to see ya this saturday at the winter awards!

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats...........killer truck

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Very nice truck dude! Well deserved. Love the Cobra R hood too.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Thumbs up

Congrats!

Sweet Truck!
    Well deserved.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks guys, over the last couple years I have hit many many stumbles where I didnt know if I wanted to play with the truck anymore. Than i would somehow always come across something on the site to get me going again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    Congrats CJ! Even if you have been neglecting your fellow JHO's lately LoL! Hope to see ya this saturday at the winter awards!

unfortunitly ill be in VA this weekend for another race

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats.Badazz truck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast