Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: *100% DONE!* 10 Point Rollcage Progress Thread...(27-JUN-11 Update - Post #117)

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This should be interesting when done.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    VERY ANXIOUS to see progress pics! U know how the cage will be setup, like through dash, Ect...? Are u going through the rear glass? And lastly, how much weight ur adding?

Josh, im very interested to see your launches at the track too! I think u will see equal 2wheel hop! And maybe better times u think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2009 seadoo RXP-X riva waterbox with rude rear exhaust outlet, Rude upgraded bigger supercharger, riva sponsons, fuel pressure regulatoR, RIVA pro blocks, riva rear air, solas prop, custom riva racing ECM, intercooler upgrade, intercooler relocation bracket,60lb injectors

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Should be very nice....lookin' forward to your progress pics. That looks like the rear of 64 Chevy Malibu getting a cage, directly in front of your truck.
    The malibu's tags are QQ historic tags, so next to the QQ it says "UICK64"....so QQUICK64

Quote Originally Posted by Madferraristi View Post
    IMO, in order for Joe's work to be up to your quality standards Josh, he better be mighty damn good. I hope he is because that truck of yours only deserves the very best.
    I was originally leaning towards Rhodes Customs down in MD since I've seen a few of their cages in L's and they look top notch, but after I saw Joe's bar in DudeLightnings truck in person, and Dave London's 10 point cage in his shelby gt500, I was absolutely sold on the spot. I'll get closeup pics along the way, but his work is phenominal, welding perfect, and attention to all the little details. He's got a long waiting list to get in there, Dave London hooked me up on scheduling my appointment for me, and he has guys who send their cars across the country to work on. Not sure if you kept up with Vinnie's build (the red Lightning with flames, 4 valve, whipple, etc. buildup, one of the original L guys on the boards for years), Joe did his fully boxed frame, suspension, etc. Unfortunately he couldn't afford to finish the truck so its still at JDM's, but there's pics of the frame and suspension and its incredible.

Also I was there Thursday and Joe mentioned he actually also did work on one of Boyd's cars, I think it was the Boydster II, he said he did the suspension on it. When you're the kind of guy who does work on cars like those, where it HAS to be flawless, I sleep good at night even knowing my baby's getting some holes cut lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crushertx3 View Post
    Josh you do know the extra weight will slow you down a tad bit .........lol......

not like anyone will be close to catching you

congrats on the upgrade I am always watching what mods you got lined up
    I've got the trucks weight right before I started, so I'll see what it weighs afterwards. It shouldn't really add much, if any at all, with the other weight saving mods I have planned to offset it. I'm already 20 lbs offset from swapping carpets. Joe said the 10 point cage won't even weigh 100 lbs, so with the carpet offset I'm down to not even adding 80 lbs, and I"ll probably save 10 lbs on the rear lexan over glass, thats 70 lbs, and I have some other ideas too

Either way, even if it DID add weight, it's stiffening up my 19' long wet noodle of a frame. The help I"ll get out of that on my 60' would probably offset that slight weight addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Al View Post
    I'm anxious to see the final results! Any details? Swing outs? Chromoly? Lexan rear window? Weight? Cost? Do you know of any other HD's that are caged, beside Sam?
    top secret! lol j/k. I am planning on doing swingouts, without a doubt it'll be chromoly. I'm swapping my rear slider for a solid and its going to be lexan, i should be able to keep my rear seat AND hard tonneau, weight I mentioned above shouldn't even add 100 lbs. Cost, waaaaaaaay more than I wanted to spend, but a 6 point would only have me legal till I break the 9's then I'd have to redo it, and if you do a 10 point the bars can be thinner/smaller than a 6 point so it offsets the weight with the couple extra bars. And for something with so much that could go wrong with just any place doing it, it was worth it for me to go with nobody but the best on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    VERY ANXIOUS to see progress pics! U know how the cage will be setup, like through dash, Ect...? Are u going through the rear glass? And lastly, how much weight ur adding?

Josh, im very interested to see your launches at the track too! I think u will see equal 2wheel hop! And maybe better times u think...

It's definitely going through the dash. Sorry but the ones like Sams that go in front of the dash just look so out of place and an afterthought. Once mine's done I guarantee you it'll look like the bar was made to come with the truck, and not like one of those universal bolt-in kits. And it will most likely go through the rear window, but not like on a L, it'll be different

Should certainly help my launches too. Maybe I'll finally be able to lift a tire now lol

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome! I was hoping it was going through the dash. I didn't care for that on SAMs. Cant wait to see the pics

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Josh! You could easily offset the cage weight by deleting the HVAC system from the Engine Bay & Interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    It's definitely going through the dash. Sorry but the ones like Sams that go in front of the dash just look so out of place and an afterthought.
    +1 Reminds me of a handicapped persons car or something.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck View Post
    +1 Reminds me of a handicapped persons car or something.
    hahaha, also if I remember correctly, isn't hers only good to 10.0? I thought the way she did something it wasn't even legal as a 10 point 8.50 cage, so if thats the case I really don't understand why she just didn't do the 6 point.

Funny though, the way her fuel cell hangs down, it reminds me of those handicapped accessible minivans with the ramp part hanging down under the bumper...

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, someone on L.R is taking the handicap comments too seriously...

We're not hating or talking ****, it's called people having their own tastes on how they do their own setups.
    Last edited by s|ck; 01-11-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck View Post
    Yeah, someone on L.R is taking the handicap comments too seriously...

We're not hating or talking ****, it's called people having their own tastes on how they do their own setups.
    rarely go over there. Doesn't surprise me though, haters gonna hate, and too many people take comments on an internet forum way too seriously If it hurts anyones feelings, I'm sorry, obviously didn't mean it that way, and if it still hurts....get a life, don't cry over a post on the internet

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    rarely go over there. Doesn't surprise me though, haters gonna hate, and too many people take comments on an internet forum way too seriously If it hurts anyones feelings, I'm sorry, obviously didn't mean it that way, and if it still hurts....get a life, don't cry over a post on the internet
    Of course it doesn't surprise you, you are the almighty harley356. And you're right, as always, haters gonna hate. That's exactly what I was doing, hating by repeating facts. Or is that opinions...

You guys got one thing right, I took that way too seriously. You really had me fooled into thinking that the cage and fuel cell really did remind you of handicap vehicles. Should have realized that you weren't serious and it actually DIDN'T remind you of handicap vehicles. Duh.

I took it seriously and it ruined my life... I ranted and raved, started a new thread, got really mad, started a poll, wrote senate, and am now organizing a marathon dedicated to the topic. I'm so serious about it!

I was busy crying over an Internet post instead of getting a life.... Haha I'm surprised you don't have a damn picture for every keyboard button you hit.

"here's the keyboard before I started typing. It has no idea that 10 fingers are going to attack it. Actually, 8 fingers and 2 thumbs (insert cute smiley here)"
    "here's me hitting the 'h'"
    "here's me hitting the 'e'"
    "here's me hitting the sndb"
    "WHOOPS!! Jeckyl hit those buttons. Or was that Hyde? I can't tell because they are exactly the same!!! How silly!"

Maybe you all can stop swinging from each others nutts for a second and not be so defensive about things.
    Black 2002 #6741

AutoAnything.com Senior Sales Rep
    800-874-8888 x138
    Don't forget to mention NHTOC

2002 DSG #2788
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2002 DSG #2788

Mfg:4/02 by UAW 249@ KC Missouri plant

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    damn are we talking about my thread on L R? Between my intake heater thread and that one my threads have become drama central! haha

Quote Originally Posted by fxstbf150 View Post
    x2

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Lost on that one rman

Guess I need to go read the drama to make any sense out of it

Boost Addict
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Comparing her truck to a handicap van is a bit much.

Everyone has personal taste and opinions, but its all in how you choose to express them. Sad to see some people are falling into that "holier then thou" mindset thinking just because you have a fast truck you can flame on everyone else. For the most part this forum has been free from that kind of crap which is why I come back.

Hopefully it doesnt turn into the hondatech of Harley trucks on here...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    anyone who has THAT kind of mindset is completely off base. Some people like to elevate things to well beyond where they were ever meant to be taken.

So a comment was made that the bars sitting in FRONT of the dash rather than hidden behind the dash, reminded some of a handicapped vehicle with grab bars. Or that the fuel cell hanging down under the bumper reminded me of one of those ramps on the back of a minivan. Where's the harm? I'm good friends with people who have a minivan with a wheelchair ramp, whats it have to do with anything? Other than the look reminded me of that...absolutely nothing! Just like the rear bars on a L that come out the top of the rear window remind me of those redneck 4x4 light bars for 1990 dodge dakotas.

Nobody said anything about Sam herself, or the capabilities of her truck, or ANYTHING about handicapped people. So everyone drop the stupid crap about trying to drag it up into a slur on anyone, and drop the crap on "oh you have a fast truck so you can talk smack" Check the jealousy and egos at the door, along with the lame excuses, and petty attempts to cause drama over no harm comments.
    Last edited by Harley#356; 01-11-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast